VAR and Refs | General Discussion

MinGin

Not watching anymore. Sport is done and it’s basically being decided by a bunch of clowns sitting in a room. They do whatever they like every week
Yes, unlimited money for buying players and also suitable for ref's side
After addition of VAR, they can control it within every motion, every mistake, every touching, every angle in a mini second. everything they want

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
These cnuts probably going to get a nice bonus in their bank next time they go to ref a game in Saudi.

hobbers

VAR doesnt work at making the game better to watch or the decisions more correct. But it has proven to be the perfect vessel for corruption.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The purpose of VAR wasn’t to re ref game in slow motion. This is even worse because they are doing it selectively

RedRocket9908

Penalty was correct in my opinion but I can guarentee they wouldnt have given it if it had have been a City player on a Utd player at the other end.

Dan_F

VAR is pointless. Decisions are still subjective and there’s no consistency. I’d take a shocking decision three times a season if it meant binning it off.

AFC NimbleThumb

The purpose of VAR wasn’t to re ref game in slow motion. This is even worse because they are doing it selectively
Frame this post.

The issue isn’t just the re-reffing it’s actually the selective nature of it.

If every game were being refereed under a microscope it would be shit but fair. What we have is Michael Oliver sat on his sofa insisting on being part of the game, whereas other referees are too scared to say a thing.

It’s time for EtH to say something.

Zen

In what world would you be happy that that is a pen? If that is a pen then we'd see 3 or 4 pens a game as this sort of contact happens constantly on set pieces. It's some fantasy world that Michael Oliver lives in where he has given this pen. Like they even needed that help.
Read the rest of the post you reply too in future yeah?

Amarsdd

The only clear and obvious error was Rodri not being booked for simulation from the grossly exaggerated contact.

Paul Tierney and Michael Oliver dropped from next game week?
:lol: most likely will be praising them for making that difficult decision infront of the Old Trafford crowd and a good bonus.

Mercurial

Just the fact he supports Newcastle and we're in close proximity with them for 4th spot should have disqualified him from refing anything but the bottom matches.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Penalty was correct in my opinion but I can guarentee they wouldnt have given it if it had have been a City player on a Utd player at the other end.
Well yeah, it literally happened a few minutes later.

JezChan

The blatant VAR errors, scale-tipping, and criminal inconsistency is making football absolutely joyless. I know it's a meme, but truly - game's gone.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There's a foul or two on every set piece, probably only got looked at by Rodri's diving theatrics. As much as I hate diving and theatrics, Hojlund should have starfished when Stones pulled him.

ETH should have lost his shit after the Hojlund/Stones incident and got himself sent off for eviscerating the officials at double-standards. I'd go as far as shouting "how much City pay you guys?" and happily except my future ban and fine.

Zen

I did read your post and I repeat, why in the world would you ever be happy if that's a pen? Even if it were consistent? It would turn the game into a non-contact sport.
Again... read the rest of the post and take it in, since I essentially agree with you. :lol:

If the rules want to make it a non-contact sport, then so be it - i'll decide whether I want to continue watching as a sport then, but all I want is consistency in implementing rules, then I can't be upset when anyone falls foul to them.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There is no point. We are not good but we are playing against 13 players at the moment. City + Referee + VAR.

redshaw

Is Rashford or McTominay getting a pen flagged by Oliver if held back like that, no fecking way, it's VAR check over and you know it. Is there any point watching this oil club corruption league anymore?

Mr Webb came in to stop the micromanaging and stop trivial pens, you could generate tons of them with slowmos and selective angles of minimal holding, I've seen Rashford deserve about 5 this season but got nothing. Suddenly there's a chance to spoil the game by Oliver and do some micromanaging by this Newcastle fan to get another one over us. The game was well balanced and didn't need that type of intervention gerrymandering.

Stan Jefferson

All VAR has done is given refs more chances to feck it up and taken away a large amount of the enjoyment people get from watching football. Personally I feel like since It was introduced I've cared about football less and less as times gone on, regardless of wether united have benefitted from it or otherwise.