VAR and Refs | General Discussion

GledTheRed

The wolves game and media outcry that followed has absolutely fecked us, EtH not moaning about it like a spoilt brat doesn't help either.

Dan_F

I suppose the intention isn't relevant though. If you're going to shield the ball you have to be careful. I do think it's unfortunate but in the day and age, it's hard to argue too much against the red.
But defenders shield the ball out of play like that 10 times a game. Does Rashford get a red purely because the other player has planted his foot first? Because Rashford had no idea the players foot would be there when he was in the air.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
In the Premier League the ball bouncing off the attacker on to Harry's arm would have been taken in to acoount however the UEFA comps use the IFAB rules and as far as I can see the handball rule in the IFAB rule book for 23/24 doesnt mention anything about proximity or the ball bouncing off another player.
It doesn’t and can you imagine if the PL adopted the IFAB approach in all matters VAR.
I just pray that Arsenal get a bad VAR ( well bad based on their take of BAR)
The penalty in your game wa always going to be given but I actually don’t think the sending off was correct. Intent is irrelevant but accidental contact of that sort shouldn’t even be a yellow

ArbeitervonWien

Robbed by this shit. I'd better quit watching this fecking sport. Noone cares about city ignoring ffp, every player and their dog are doped, var is the most stupid way of a video referee-assistence you could possibly think of, while fifa just fifaing the last remnants out of the "beautiful" game. feck it. I'm gonna watch curling now.

Catalandevil

Incompetence or conspiracy? I don't know. What I know is that I don't understand anymore the rules of the sport I love.

90 + 5min

I don't even have the energy to be upset anymore. I go into games expecting some crazy officiating against us. I am more surprised when it does not happen to us honestly.
Agree.

And the club just stays silent instead of calling them all out. If we had any self respect we would have already official statements out. Like we should have done previous games. If we had any self respect we should not go back on that pitch to be ridiculed.

Mmm-Qatarian

I think the red card is unfortunate but not entirely unfair to be honest. Again, Rashford is extremely unlucky but red cards do quite often get given (although not always, annoyingly) when the foot goes into the ankle with force like that whether it's intentional or not.

The penalty was complete bullshit though. It's ridiculous that teams get practically an 80% chance of a goal for "handballs" like that. I also think, to be frank, if our goal against Fulham is disallowed for the "offside" then Coppenhagen's first goal should indeed also have been ruled offside. I wouldn't necessarily argue that it'd be a decision I agree with, but the defender in Onana's line of sight is probably "interfering with play" just as much as Maguire was last weekend.

Red4ever27

One of those is Robbie Savage who was a joke of a footballer and a bigger joke of a commentator.
Couldn't agree more about Savage. I always think of the Roy Keane story about not signing him at Sunderland because he left 'Whasssup' on his voicemail message, always makes me chuckle. Watched Savage live a few times and every time it always baffled me how he made it so far in football.
Also the main commentator (not sure of name) has absolute no emotion in his voice, he's making a goal with 4 goals, a penalty and a red card sound like a stale mate.

Mmm-Qatarian

I think I'm leaning more and more towards wanting VAR abolished with every match though. There are definitely ways to improve upon it in its current state but honestly I'm not even sure it's worth bothering any more. Just stick with the on-field refs and accept that there will be an element of human error.

Skills

Snitch
How has football fecked this up when literally every other sport has managed to get it right?

marktan

I've said it was shit from the start, too many subjective decisions in every single game. It ruins the watching experience and I barely have any enthusiasm to watch games anymore

Swiss_Red89

Feck that shit....i'm slowly losing interest because of var....I found the Spurs game on Monday hilarious for the wrong reasons. Today is another one of a long list.

The Rashford red is a joke. Definitely never a clearly wrong decision for which var needs to jump in. The Ref didn't even gave a Foul for it standing one meter away. Fecking var is then showing him only one moment of the whole situation.

Penalty also harsh.

And first Copenhagen goal would have been ruled out by team Michael Oliver on Monday.

El Zoido

How has football fecked this up when literally every other sport has managed to get it right?
There’s more subjectivity in football. In other sports the decisions it’s used for are more black and white.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Feck that shit....i'm slowly losing interest because of var....I found the Spurs game on Monday hilarious for the wrong reasons. Today is another one of a long list.

The Rashford red is a joke. Definitely never a clearly wrong decision for which var needs to jump in. The Ref didn't even gave a Foul for it standing one meter away. Fecking var is then showing him only one moment of the whole situation.

Penalty also harsh.

And first Copenhagen goal would have been ruled out by team Michael Oliver on Monday.
Going back to the red card to get that IFAB guidelines would suggest that Rashford used excessive force . I just can’t see that,
He was careless possibly but that isn’t a red card just a free kick

Infestissumam

- Rashford red
- Copenhagen offside goal
- Maguire pen

it's one thing to have a decision go against you, but when it stacks up like this, you really have to wonder what United have done to be fecked like this. I'm not one to just moan about the refs all the time, but Uniteds "luck" with ref and VAR decisions this year is simply unbelievable. Feels like this shite is happening every fecking week.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We’ve had a goal like this ruled out for exact same thing this season. Make it make sense.
We don't kick up enough stink on-field over it. We just accept it.

Referees are weak pathetic cnuts who only react to being pressured and we don't do it.

90 + 5min

We don't kick up enough stink on-field over it. We just accept it.

Referees are weak pathetic cnuts who only react to being pressured and we don't do it.
We are sad club when we can't even manage to put official statements that this is not ok. That this is no accaptable. That we want investigations. That we want tapes from VAR room and referees.

TenHag needs to have some courage and not let players go on pitch. Or if necessary take them out from the pitch as a protest. This is not a normal behaviour by referees. Something we have seen through Premier League games to.

arthurka

Remember when everyone wanted the video refs because every game had shitty calls? Guess what we still have shitty refs. Be careful what you wish for has never been more fitting.

Dansk

It's an undeniable fact at this point that United are judged much more harshly than other teams. Tired of it. It has been a consistent trend for a very long time. Any incident that can possibly be inerpreted in a way that goes against United is done so every time without exception, with the harshest possible decision that the officials can possibly give. This is a huge disadvantage to play under.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
When you listen to things like the audio from that Diaz offside in the Spurs/Liverpool game, you realise that even after this amount of time, it's still completely amateurish in its implementation, and they're clearly just making it up as they go along.

They change how they use it seemingly week by week.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
VAR Not even checking that. It’s just so fecked up.

Zed is not dead

It should ve been a second yellow for the Copenhagen defender.

And if our handball was a pen, then so should theirs

Santos J

Had to be based on theirs but feck me I'd be fuming if that was given against us :lol:

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
That's the worst penalty decision of the season so far, absolute joke. Is it still corruption?

Infestissumam

in a perfect world, neither of these are penalties. But if you give the Maguire one, you better give this one too.