VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Blatant red card for Bailey. Ref 5 yards away looking at it. Yellow.

Cry on Twitter this evening, you fecking cnut.
Don't think he saw it with players being around... I wonder if he can get a retrospective red now as there was no VAR in effect?

VojjE

Don't think he saw it with players being around... I wonder if he can get a retrospective red now as there was no VAR in effect?
Think he got a yellow and you can't change that after the fact. Guess he could be charged with violent conduct or something, but seems unlikely.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think he got a yellow and you can't change that after the fact. Guess he could be charged with violent conduct or something, but seems unlikely.
Depends what he got the Yellow for... I think he got the yellow for grabbing him on the back of the head before the kick (as that would be yellow worthy). Doesn't make sense to me that the ref see's that kick and doesn't give him a ref... but then refs are shit.

If the ref totally missed the kick then it could be actioned.

ROFLUTION

Fecking hell, it cant get more obvious Red Card than that from Bailey. What on earth is VAR thinking? Clearly he needs to see it on the screen at least.

Text-book Red. VAR has definitely lost it - even when he gives a yellow, then VAR should give him a mention that it is more serious than how he judged it (players in the way of his view).

Anustart89

The fact that Leicester's penalty needed to be checked by VAR is a damning indictment on the referee. Haven't been able to find a video.

@GifLord any chance of a video of that penalty incident including real time view? Around 40 minute mark, nothing floating about on reddit :(

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The fact that Leicester's penalty needed to be checked by VAR is a damning indictment on the referee. Haven't been able to find a video.

@GifLord any chance of a video of that penalty incident including real time view? Around 40 minute mark, nothing floating about on reddit :(

Chief123

Now, they had all the time in world to see handball by Chelsea player, just to somehow award corner instead of penalty.
Behave. That’s never a penalty ever. He’s falling to the ground. Who doesn’t use their hands when falling to the floor? If that’s a pen, the game is broken.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Now, they had all the time in world to see handball by Chelsea player, just to somehow award corner instead of penalty.
The Chalobah one? Unless they changed the rules, the ball hitting a supporting arm like that isn't a penalty.

Chief123

To be fair it’s understandable it needed to be checked by VAR. I don’t think it was clear in real time whether he got any of the ball. It actually looks like he did in real time because of the direction the ball takes. But on further review you can see it ricocheted off Daka’s legs.

Thought it was reasonable for the ref to leave it to VAR.

90 + 5min

Behave. That’s never a penalty ever. He’s falling to the ground. Who doesn’t use their hands when falling to the floor? If that’s a pen, the game is broken.
Of course it is. Ball is played towards dangeous position. He clearly hits the ball with his hand regardless where he put them down. They are few ways he can fall without having his hand that far out from his body. Shouldn't be discussion. Penalty.

Chief123

Of course it is. Ball is played towards dangeous position. He clearly hits the ball with his hand regardless where he put them down. They are few ways he can fall without having his hand that far out from his body. Shouldn't be discussion. Penalty.
You’re right, it shouldn’t be a discussion. It’s never ever a penalty.

Anustart89

This incident is an example of a situation that they've specifically referred to as not a penalty, with the arm in a natural position where it is supporting the body.

Chief123

What incident are you on about? Got a clip?
It was near the end of the first half. Chalobah falling to the floor and putting his hand down when he lands on the floor. Ball hit his hand as he’s falling to the ground and it’s crossed in. Only got a pic.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It was near the end of the first half. Chalobah falling to the floor and putting his hand down when he lands on the floor. Ball hit his hand as he’s falling to the ground and it’s crossed in. Only got a pic.

Yeh not a pen for me that. Isn't there specifically a rule where it's not handball if the hand is supporting the body? I'm sure that came up in a United game already this season. But honestly, who fecking knows with handball anymore.

arnie_ni

You’re right, it shouldn’t be a discussion. It’s never ever a penalty.
I didn't see it but this rule was applied against us vs arsenal was it? The player clearly played the ball with his hand when falling and the refs deemed this silly rule appropriate. So it should be up for discussion

Chief123

I didn't see it but this rule was applied against us vs arsenal was it? The player clearly played the ball with his hand when falling and the refs deemed this silly rule appropriate. So it should be up for discussion
The rule is no handball if the hand is supporting the body when falling. So there isn’t really a discussion to be had. It’s no penalty.