VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

padr81

Supports
Man City
Bissouma got away with it five minutes earlier.
He wasn't in his face he was miles away. Its happened a few times already this season, Bruno is not the first. That said put me in Bruno's shoes and that peno call I'd be fecking furious too.

acnumber9

They’ll show it once just before they go back to the match and that will be that.

acnumber9

He wasn't in his face he was miles away. Its happened a few times already this season, Bruno is not the first. That said put me in Bruno's shoes and that peno call I'd be fecking furious too.
Still aggressive. But yeah, Bruno will pick up a lot of booking for it this season.

Redstain

That's 100% a penalty. Arm in a unnatural position, makes himself bigger. That's two incursions from the letter book. Ridiculous decision.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ironically, it was such a bad call, they probably will get demoted!
I can promise you they absolutely will not. It’s not that there is no media outrage, there seems to be a fecking embargo on showing it or discussing it.

arthurka

No one got booked for the foul on Bruno I found that really interesting to say the least.

arnie_ni

United have enough people in the media positions to actually say something about all the shit and they just don't do it.

FerociousCorgis

Would love to see the comparison between the non pen today and that one against Martinez last year where his arm was behind him bracing his fall

Amarsdd

No, they won't. The media has to make a big deal out of it for that to happen. Based on the half-time punditry, it is being pushed under the rug.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Still aggressive. But yeah, Bruno will pick up a lot of booking for it this season.
Yeah you'd hope it'll be more consistent specially as I can see Pep and maybe KDB walking this season at City alone for it. I think they'll target the known moaners harshest, especially at the biggest teams.

I'd put money on one of Bruno, Pep or Jurgen being the first to see red for it. If Henderson hadn't left and KDB wasn't injured, I'd put money on those two as well. Its the easiest way for pgmol to make a point.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You're not allowed get aggressive in the face of an official or swear this season. Pep, Klopp already booked for it too. The ones who mouth alot like Pep, Klopp, Bruno are in for a long season learning to curb that behavior I feel.
I'm guessing he swore then because he was a few paces behind Oliver when he started talking/shouting.

Then again it is Fernandes, so Oliver was probably tired of hearing the same person for the twentieth time in five minutes shout "heyo wassup-ah with-ah you!" or whatever the deeply offensive stereotype is for Portuguese people.

Ace of Spades

And this is why I was constantly pointing out the other instances where the keeper 'fouled' players and no fuss was made.

This is clearly an agenda, and a pen was not given in reaction to last weeks uproar.

ETH needs to point this out in the post match interview, can't let this slide.

Rustyspider13

Every single United supporter could've called that decision going the way it went. It is extremely predictable and I wouldn't be surprised if one of our players gets sent off for time wasting on a throw or some shit.

Amarsdd

And this is why I was constantly pointing out the other instances where the keeper 'fouled' players and no fuss was made.

This is clearly an agenda, and a pen was not given in reaction to last weeks uproar.

ETH needs to point this out in the post match interview, can't let this slide.
I still find it amazing how much that Onana situation from last week was overblown.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I can promise you they absolutely will not. It’s not that there is no media outrage, there seems to be a fecking embargo on showing it or discussing it.
Probably not. Pundits, journalists, etc, all go on about not discussing VAR and Ref decisions because it's boring, but they appear to be very selective when it comes to abiding by that rule...

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
No, they won't. The media has to make a big deal out of it for that to happen. Based on the half-time punditry, it is being pushed under the rug.
I'm starting to question whether it actually happened. Feels like I'm being gaslit into thinking nothing occurred.

OverratedOpinion

His arm was at a 90 degree angle when the ball struck him. I actually don't think you can get a more clear handball unless you're Suarez at a world cup.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Not worth talking about at half time it seems.
Seriously it’s becoming harder and harder not to be a conspiracy theorist about it.

Since when has a penalty decision been ignored in the half time highlights of a 0-0 first half? Let alone one that contentious.

Fitchett

Sky haven't mentioned the penalty decision at all during the half time break. If that had been the other way round.............

Reyoji-Utd

We know that every seasons, it feels like they are going to get us and yet we dont do anything, call out anything, we want to be the nice guys, we are above that...etc. it cost us points and yet we are so soft, and i think better make English players to be the captain as it will save us yelolw cards everytimes we try to talk to the refs. This is a joke now, i wanna watch the match and not the refs or VAR fck up the match every weeks.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There will be nowhere near the same amount of hoo-ha around this one though. So there will be no pressure to do so.

That's the difference when you give a call against us vs. for us

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

If that is not a handball, there should be no hand balls this season.

Amarsdd

Seriously it’s becoming harder and harder not to be a conspiracy theorist about it.

Since when has a penalty decision been ignored in the half time highlights of a 0-0 first half? Let alone one that contentious.
You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to understand there is a certain bias against us. And this series of events clearly displays that i.e. giving any big controversial decision for United will have the media on your back for weeks, so refs are primed to take the easy way out.