VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If we got a decision like that there'd be a full blown meltdown in the media. But given it's 115 Charges FC nothing to see here move along
Crazy isn't it. When was the last time a decision that went City or Arsenal or Liverpools way was scrutinised to the nth degree like for us.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Every hand ball that gets penalised is deliberate. Otherwise it isn’t a foul. The post VAR feckery has done its best to over complicate this but the basic principle remains the same.
Yeah I know, but some are more blatant than others, I can understand why the ref might have missed this one but VAR has no excuse whatsoever

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
How footballer are taught to jump in a wall:

How City players are taught to jump in a wall:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Not only was his arm extended thus making his body wider but by dropping his arm to a more "natural" position it literally connected with a shot on goal as the play developed. His arm should never have been up to begin with; if his arm is where it should be he doesn't deflect the shot barring an intentional movement. Yet, he intentionally drops his arm and connects with the shot. A pen should have been rewarded imo.

arnie_ni

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Here's what the rules actually say, for what it's worth. It's handball if you deliberately touch the ball with your hand, if you touch the ball with your hand by making your body unnaturally bigger, or if you touch the ball with your hand in any way and it directly leads to scoring a goal.
To me its a pen, he jumps and his arm is up, that's fine, but he pulls it back in to the ball after the initial jump movement, for me anyway.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yeah this is why Poch/Chelsea need to demand the audio of the VAR decision. Because it’s absolute madness if they could not see the contact with Grealish’s hand.
I'm shocked there wasn't more uproar by Chelsea players or Pochettino at full time yesterday.

Knocked out of a final by a decision like that, I'd want Ten Hag and the players screaming bloody murder if it happened United.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I remember that when Liverpool put out a statement and the PGMOL apologised about it GNev talked about how a terrible precedent had been set and now we have seen a lot of clubs doing this stuff. It’s absolutely terrible behaviour and the league should be coming down heavy on it. Refs are bad and the PL should be working on it but this sort of accusations are pathetic

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
"Our patience has been tested multiple times."

Shut up you fecking victims.

RedRocket9908

I know, but deliberate hand ball is deliberate hand ball, the punishment should technically be the same

@RedRocket9908 thinks Grealish should have had a red card, even when the old rule was in place you'd never get sent off for it
Ok maybe I was wrong but it does clearly state in the FA's rules that it is a sending off offence.

FA Rules said:
SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I remember that when Liverpool put out a statement and the PGMOL apologised about it GNev talked about how a terrible precedent had been set and now we have seen a lot of clubs doing this stuff. It’s absolutely terrible behaviour and the league should be coming down heavy on it. Refs are bad and the PL should be working on it but this sort of accusations are pathetic
Disagree. We are in this position with the standard of refereeing as it is because there is zero accountability. The level of protection they are afforded despite the decisions they get away with often costing clubs millions and players an honest shot of success or glory in their careers.

It’s about time they are held to account and that won’t happen unless clubs demand it publicly.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Disagree. We are in this position with the standard of refereeing as it is because there is zero accountability. The level of protection they are afforded despite the decisions they get away with often costing clubs millions and players an honest shot of success or glory in their careers.

It’s about time they are held to account and that won’t happen unless clubs demand it publicly.
First of all they need to call out incompetence and not bias, this just makes them seem utterly childish. I just don’t think that public trashing does anything special either, it just undermines your own league.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I love that clubs dare to call it out. It is a system that should help make games more fair, but those sitting in the VAR room have done a shit job.

Withnail

How can Carragher come out with this when Klopp and Liverpool are THE worst offenders re complaining about referees?
Have they ever peddled conspiracy theories about who the officials support?

Carragher is right. They can complain about the decisions but that is like a fan down the pub and they'll get themselves into trouble for that tweet.

the hea

I love that clubs dare to call it out. It is a system that should help make games more fair, but those sitting in the VAR room have done a shit job.
I don't disagree with you but we all know that the only thing that will come from this is a hefty fine for Forrest.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I don't disagree with you but we all know that the only thing that will come from this is a hefty fine for Forrest.
Of course, but if noone complains, nothing will be done about it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
apparently they also sent a since deleted tweet that claimed that the var was vaccinated.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Don't think any of those were stonewall. Clubs need to stop crying and take responsibility for their own ineptitude first.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The 3 non-penalty decisions:

I think the handball would be a bit harsh, he's pretty close and can't really react. The challenges though, he's very very "lucky" to escape both.