VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's an all timer bad VAR decision

He's basically looked for a reason to disallow it... Not actually been given one. Absolutely farcical.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm not even going to scroll up to see that people are talking about, I'm sure it's that Mendy 'foul'. How did the ref think it was worthy to overturn the decision, ridiculous.

If the ref had given a foul beforehand, fair enough, you can argue it wasn't clear to overturn. But to argue that you had to overturn the initial decision of not giving a foul on that slight touch, and overreaction from Mendy, really poor.

Member 125398

If he called a foul in real time it's a shitty mistake, but to review it and come to that conclusion defies belief. The Liverpool one earlier was just as shocking.

TheReligion

Abusive
This constantly changing their mind when looking at the monitor highlights how fragile these individuals are.

No idea why it even went to VAR?

SER19

Its hard to even bother this season. Last season was probably the worst officiated pl season of my lifetime. The refs here ref far too emotionally and by narrative, common example being player x not being booked because they're 'not that type of player' and player y getting booked for less because they are thought of as dirty. There seems to be a real lack of resilience among many who just lose control of games

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Referees hate VAR and are sabotaging it. Convince me otherwise.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's an all timer bad VAR decision

He's basically looked for a reason to disallow it... Not actually been given one. Absolutely farcical.

Actually wait a minute, just seen the Newcastle disallowed goal... Palace players didn't even ask for a foul :lol:

Sviken

At the risk of sounding extremely RAWK-ish, i'll go say it anyway - there is definitely some fishy stuff going on in this league.

steffyr2

Liverpool got a goal against overturned and Chelsea got a goal against overturned today. Neither call looked slam dunk. There aren't swings and roundabouts in these calls.

HookedOnAPhelan

I've seen a lot of shite decisions by the refs/VAR, but that one is up there with the worst. Absolute joke. No fair-minded person in the world thought that was a foul.

Dr. StrangeHate

At the risk of sounding extremely RAWK-ish, i'll go say it anyway - there is definitely some fishy stuff going on in this league.
Nothing fishy just incompetence. Referees are afraid to give decisions against big teams.

Doracle

That is an absolutely shocking decision looking at that clip. I would like to see both the actual ref and VAR one banned for that - won’t happen of course.

Doracle

Even if you think it might be a foul (which it wasn’t), how on earth does that get past the “clear mistake” test they are meant to apply.

Doracle

That doesn't apply when they are checking a goal.
Are you sure? If so, why are there two different rules in play for VAR? That makes even less sense. Regardless, it blatantly isn’t a foul.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Remember when De Gea was allowed to be consistently manhandled in his own box and an opposition got to punch him etc?

That Mendy "foul" is genuinely a disgrace as Drogba would so eloquently put it - these last few games have shown some crazy decisions that could let you say match fixing is involved without being called a conspiracy theorist they're that bad.

LawmanMan

Time to hire a special investigator to look at the refereeing. I’ve seen some bad decisions in my time, but that’s on a whole new level. Given it is Chelsea I would not be surprised if corruption is involved.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
i was mad enough at willock being shoved into palace's keeper being given as a foul but my god there have been some absolute clangers today

LawmanMan

The Chelsea manager comes out and supports the referee/VAR. Until we get rid of morally bankrupt managers like Tuchel this rubbish will just continue.

Chip

VAR is absolutely fecking shit. Does more harm than good.