VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

Jev

Don’t be daft. Of course the ref stops the game when the keeper is down. The fact it didn’t happen once against us ages ago doesn’t mean we should repeat the mistake. Desperate.

Thom Merrilin

I said it could have been a yellow. But that's the rest of you moving the goalposts regarding Schar's other foul counting on. That wasn't the original point.

But hey yeah, conspiracy, Casemiro would have been off yada yada.
Huh? Yeah I know what you said and there's a difference between could and should.

I haven't mentioned anything about a conspiracy but refs obviously have bias. Man Utd is the most hated team in the league so it makes sense that refs would have a bias against us.

You do have to admit that Casemiro and Rashford were sent off for very similar offenses.

90 + 5min

Congratulation to referees again for not seeing that clear red card and blowing their whistle when we had open goal which could have changed the game.

Of course that wouldn't be talked about because we were poor today.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Saudi FC won today. Where is it EPL referees are flying out to midweek for £30k paydays tax-free to officiate 5-a-side games?
What a load of absolute horseshit. They won because they comprehensively outplayed us, nothing to do with the referees.

Red00012

Saudi FC won today. Where is it EPL referees are flying out to midweek for £30k paydays tax-free to officiate 5-a-side games?
We were absolutely destroyed by the players the ref had absolutely nothing to do with it . I don’t know what game you watched

Oranges038

Waiting on explanation how that was not a red.
It's not a red, not even a yellow for me.

But it was studs high on a player, the ankle buckled. As all the experts were telling us a few weeks ago, intent doesn't even come into, so of course we should expect that to be a red card.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ref was fine. Should have booked Schar for the first foul ( and then he might not have gone in so hard on the second) but that's it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If they'd have given a red card and not stopped play for a non-head injury (against the rules), you'd have a point if we still lost.

As it stands, your comment is irrelevant.
Not only are you childishly blaming the referee, you don't know the rules either.

Zed is not dead

Can’t remember tbh mate. Either way it’s annoying it’s one rule for us another for the rest.
Indeed.

That’s what really gets on people’s nerves I reckon, the lack of consistency in game-changing decision made by refs.
Reds and pens seem to be given way more easily to us.
I’m not talking about whether they are objectively deserved, but more often than not we see decisions given against us that are rarely given in most games, and that’s the real frustrating part.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not sure I think it should be a red, but it's definitely a red based on how rules are being applied and how VAR is being used this season.

Other than that, I don't think the ref was bad. He fell for every single one of their dives, which was loads, but that's not specific to this ref. They're as docile and as gullible as each other.

90 + 5min

Not only are you childishly blaming the referee, you don't know the rules either.
You can blame referee and still think we played poorly.

Some people might think he did right denying us clear chance to score because of injury to goalkeeper. However, to not give red card is shocking stuff.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
As a neutral, Manchester United were appalling and the refereeing had no bearing on the result.

The referee correctly stopped play when Pope was injured. This was correct application of the Laws of the Game.

The only point of debate was Schär’s foul on Fernandes, which in my view should’ve been a yellow card if spotted by the referee. He missed it, and VAR correctly deemed it not serious foul play and therefore not worthy of a straight red card.

Manchester United lost because they were completely outplayed, and were not wronged by the officials on this occasion.