VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Jev

I don't even really care but that's ridiculous. That was absolutely not what VAR was invented for. Not even the most desperate Fulham fan would have complained about that goal pre-VAR.

cyberman

Surely to feck trying to play ball should impact the opposition? The only player that’s impacted by the attempt is Garnacho timing his pass across?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
When i saw ball going in I thought maguire was off, but he's not really materiality involved is he?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
That really is a farce.

If you're having to ask the ref to have a look, that is ridiculous...

What happened to the lines??

glasgow 21

This is a clear example of the agenda to chalk of our goals and never give us penalties. This is a joke and when if ever was a goal chalked off for this.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think some of the complaints in here have been overblown (don’t shoot me), but I think that is a dreadful call

James_42

I wish the refs were this desperate to disallow goals against United than they are to give them, they look for the most tiny thing not to give goals, yet do the opposite for the other team.

And the media doesn't even acknowledge these feck ups, but if we benefit from a single decision then the outcry is massive.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The FA is corrupt, I don't understand why every referrer decision goes against us. It's an absolute disgrace. I hope ETH brings it up in the post match like Klopp did.

sugar_kane

Turned the game off. Not sure I can even be fecking arsed watching football full stop anymore.

Might just be in a bad mood but honestly with shit like that what is the point, it’s sucked every last drop of fun out of the game.

Dan_F

If trained referees can’t decide themselves in the VAR room whether Maguire is active or not, I don’t know what to say about VAR.

Think about the goal in the Manchester derby last season, how is that not ruled out but today’s is.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
City scored a goal where their player was offside and JUMPED OVER THE BALL!!!

WHERES THE feckING CONSISTENCY YOU cnuts

JTRI

Making it up as they go along, they were desperate to find any reason to rule that out. Yellow card check for Paulinha hacking down Bruno, no. Penalty check for foul on Maguire, no. Garnacho offside, no. Mctominay offside, no. Any United player offside when the ball came in, YES!

Last edited:

Thom Merrilin

Such a bad call it almost feels like corruption. Is that the first ever on field review of an offside call?

ManUnitedCanuck

hahaha, Gabriel can turn, not look at ball and hold a player, but he is not interfering with play

It’s absolutely comical at this point.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm quite sure If you actively attempt to play the ball you're offside even when not touching it. We had a goal disallowed for it a few weeks back and I was equally mad, but it was the right call in the end as far as I know.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd rather we just fecking drew to Wolves, I'm sure we'd have more points now if decisions went in our favour

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I actually can’t believe the co commentator on tnt (Jenas is it) trying to justify the decision again. Like clearly we are getting feck all, all season.

arnie_ni

In isolation you could probably argue he is offside interfering with the defender but it happens every bloody fk and corner and it's never given.

Hughes35

Surprised at the reaction on here. I actually think it was the correct call. Not clear an obvious, but correct.

Still very unlucky though. Our luck just isn't flowing is it ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maguire had literally ZERO impact on that passage of play. Can someone explain to me how if VAR could not decide - it was still a clear and obvious mistake so they needed to have the on-field referee review it again?

It’s hard not to believe there is not something more sinister at play this season, it stinks to high heaven.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Wow. That's seriously...wow. I'm just speechless here. Absolutely ridiculous.

hobbers

Forget the glazers, blockade the streets and shut down football until var is abolished.