VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Oranges038

And if you do dive in, you have to get a foot to the fecking ball. Otherwise it’s penalty.
Aye, there's just no excuse for diving in that situation, player was going away from goal, had no chance of a shot, nothing just keep him going that way.

I watched some of this back, for 10-15 mins before that AWB was all over the place, he was slow to react and out of position a lot, in saying that he was probably tired. But Liverpool were deliberately targeting that left back side time and time again and eventually he fecked up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Aye, there's just no excuse for diving in that situation, player was going away from goal, had no chance of a shot, nothing just keep him going that way.

I watched some of this back, for 10-15 mins before that AWB was all over the place, he was slow to react and out of position a lot, in saying that he was probably tired. But Liverpool were deliberately targeting that left back side time and time again and eventually he fecked up.
To be fair, AWB is the one player over all others I’d back to get a toe to the ball when he does go to ground in those situations. Incredibly rare for his go go gadget legs to let him down like that.

fallengt

Casemiro's was a red card though.
I'm surprised Anthony Taylor let it slide. He gave red for less last season

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Far more often than not its a yellow on the basis that he doesnt connect higher up the foot.

Thats the standard they have set. Casemiro’s tackle isnt nice, but thats the way it is.

LDUred

If that was Rashford doing exactly the same thing to win a pen he would be criticized by every pundit and Klopp would be whinging about it every week.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like AWB doesn’t touch him and curly throws his leg into him?
More than refs/Car, club is pathetic to let this happen without making any fuss about it.

Bunch of cowards, just see how Liverpool and Arsenal dealt with one or two wrong decisions going against them

Lexicon Red Devil

Last season the ridiculous red cards for Casemiro and the suspensions that followed almost derailed our season. This season refs would actually be doing us a favour if he got sent off and suspended, given the form he's in.

dmode

No penalty at all.

I'd be happy if someone could compile a video of all the times we've been cheated this season.

Lyng

The second Chelsea one is still the worst one for me. Sick and tired of our manager and club not making noise about it. If you want to win in this league you have to scream and shout about refs.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The foul on Elliott is a clear penalty.

If Wan Bisaka stays on his feet then it doesn't happen.

Elliott is looking for it, but it's no different to the penalties that Ashley Young and Martial used to 'win' week in week out under Solskjaer.
Agreed.

Slow motion is also distorting Elliot’s ability to change direction mid-movement. Real time replays present an entirely different picture.

68cob

Slow motion is also distorting Elliot’s ability to change direction mid-movement. Real time replays present an entirely different picture.
Yet AWB managed to change the direction of his foot, so that he avoided contact. Elliot was 'cute' in getting contact. Unfortunately, it's part of the game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agreed.

This. 100%. Slow motion replays create false narratives. The notion that AWB cleverly pulled his foot away is also an artifice, when in reality it’s just a natural motion at the ankle after a swing and a miss like that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ref Watch: Maddision was lucky not to see a straight red

The Maddison incident is a perfect example of VAR picking and choosing. By the letter of the law there is no way they shouldn't be getting involved - especially if you look at Case's red last year for something nowhere near as bad.

Doracle

Ref Watch: Maddision was lucky not to see a straight red

Ben White is embarrasing here

Honestly, they need to sack Dermot from this programme. It’s like getting blood out of a stone for him to say there’s a mistake.

The Purley King

“No evidence of violent conduct”
So punching someone is a non-violent act now?
Farcical isn’t even the word……

ShinjiNinja26

Honestly, they need to sack Dermot from this programme. It’s like getting blood out of a stone for him to say there’s a mistake.
He’s the worst. Never gives a straight answer to any question, Sue asks him if a player’s reputation plays any part in influencing a referee’s decision making and he completely avoids answering it and instead comes out with some shite about how the referee never seen the incident.

Bobski

Last season the ridiculous red cards for Casemiro and the suspensions that followed almost derailed our season. This season refs would actually be doing us a favour if he got sent off and suspended, given the form he's in.
The only harsh red he got was against Palace for the hands around the neck when other guys have been let off with it.

I don't get people saying it wasn't a red against Southampton when the studs go half way up the players shin and the Galatasary one was straight forward as well.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
If you're sending Maddison off there then you need to send Yates(who was already on a yellow) off as well for doing VAR signs to the ref, really should be doing that regardless of Maddison actually.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Lisbon derby this weekend, title on the line, var decides this is not a red.

Cloudface

If you're sending Maddison off there then you need to send Yates(who was already on a yellow) off as well for doing VAR signs to the ref, really should be doing that regardless of Maddison actually.
That's pretty desperate even for the average football fan. The player who just got punched asked for it to be reviewed so actually he should be sent off? You should just keep quiet and thank your lucky stars Maddison got away with it.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
That's pretty desperate even for the average football fan. The player who just got punched asked for it to be reviewed so actually he should be sent off? You should just keep quiet and thank your lucky stars Maddison got away with it.
Not really, it's no different to waving imaginary yellows at the ref.

El Zoido

Disgrace of a decision
There are people in the other thread adamant that this is a stonewaller. :houllier:

First point of contact is here:

He’s already going down, hence it is a dive. Unquestionably, unless Obi Wan Kenobi is in the crowd. You fall when you’re tripped, so why is he falling without any contact whatsoever? The answer is because he started diving a moment before when he expected contact with AWB’s leg, which wasn’t there. So he had to manufacture it.

He also doesn’t even have possession the ball at the point of contact. Making a clumsy challenge isn’t a punishable offence in and of itself.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Here it is in real-time from two angles and then slowed down. I say it's a penalty - a defender cannot be this reckless in the box. Furthermore, not exactly sure how Elliott would have avoided falling down whether he "moves his foot" or not. AWB fully impeded his forward progress and anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul and free kick. This is basically 100% on AWB for a rash, unnecessary decision - don't give the attacking player the opportunity to fall or dive. When tackling in the box the defender better get the ball cleanly.

Maybe had Cassemiro not tried to play a cute lofted pass from his own box into nowhere land and had instead booted clear like one should when the opposition is practically ensconced in your box.

And we'd all be screaming for a pen at the other end in this scenario. We saw Ronaldo and Rooney pull off these clever fouls in years past, some still say Rooney dived against Arsenal in 2004/05 to earn a pen.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pretty sure the commentator said that players telling the ref to check VAR should be given a yellow according to rules.

Bobski

There are people in the other thread adamant that this is a stonewaller. :houllier:

First point of contact is here:

He’s already going down, hence it is a dive. Unquestionably, unless Obi Wan Kenobi is in the crowd. You fall when you’re tripped, so why is he falling without any contact whatsoever? The answer is because he started diving a moment before when he expected contact with AWB’s leg, which wasn’t there. So he had to manufacture it.

He also doesn’t even have possession the ball at the point of contact. Making a clumsy challenge isn’t a punishable offence in and of itself.
That is not the first point of contact, AWB's left knee hits his right ankle before that, you would think slowing it down to that speed might make that noticeable.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That is not the first point of contact, AWB's left knee hits his right ankle before that, you would think slowing it down to that speed might make that noticeable.
There's no point arguing with people who base their opinion on a still image anyway.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Guys just stop, I’m the captain of ‘united get done by refs’ team, but this one is clearly a pen. Whether he’s looking for it or not doesn’t matter, AWB clearly catches him late like a muppet.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Guys just stop, I’m the captain of ‘united get done by refs’ team, but this one is clearly a pen. Whether he’s looking for it or not doesn’t matter, AWB clearly catches him late like a muppet.
Ha! Whats the teams ethos? Does being captain come with any perks?!

But yeah, I refuse to believe every single human being on this forum wouldn't be screaming for a pen if it was at the other end.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ha! Whats the teams ethos? Does being captain come with any perks?!

But yeah, I refuse to believe every single human being on this forum wouldn't be screaming for a pen if it was at the other end.
:lol: dunno about perks! Going grey earlier than you should be? :lol:

I always think that’s the best test! If that happened to us and we didn’t get it I’d be in here with the rest of the team moaning.