Varchester City 18/19 discussion

LARulz

This is such a weird feeling. I am delighted it's unraveling a bit for the arrogant cnut but it's come at a cost with Liverpool waltzing to the title

padr81

Supports
Man City
No Fernandinho, no points apparently. Gundogan is fecking Ozil in disguise. No complaints, we deserved to win vs Palace, we deserve nothing today.

el3mel

First time under pressure since his first season and here's the result, fraud, gifting the league to fecking Pool.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Until last week he was the second coming of Jesus. I don’t think it’s his downfall, just that Liverpool have been a really good side.
He wasn't liked at Bayern, by all accounts he didn't get the job done and didn't "rebuild" them, after they had reached a peak.

He was butchered in his first season at City, threw a shit load of money at it, whilst having Silva and Sergio up front, won his league last season, as every other team basically were polite and were saying, "Here you have second place" "Oh no, after you"

And this season, they haven't exactly set the world alight with their football. Any team that have challenged them, they have crumbled

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
1 title in 3 years for Gaurdiola? His worst run so far as a manager?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

el3mel

Until last week he was the second coming of Jesus. I don’t think it’s his downfall, just that Liverpool have been a really good side.
With the loss today they lost more games than the entire league campaign and we're still in December.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
All the pundits thinking they would win the league by 10-15 points again even when Liverpool looked capable of getting 90 + points. :lol:

They're not that good.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I kinda hinted at that earlier in the summer:
I think Pep was eyeing Stones up for that role but found out last week it won't work so went back to Gundo who is terrible in that role.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Defeats to Palace and Leicester. It’s as though sacking Mourinho passed our curse of being completely shit on to them. :drool:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
No Fernandinho and back to back defeats, implosion was imminent after the kind of pressure Liverpool were applying.

If Klopp has any brains he should his team up like he did at Anfield and play out a draw. They'll crumble themselves.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They hate us so much they are going to bottle the league to Pool. cnuts.

Pep needs a few more hundred mil to spend on fullbacks. Get the chequebook out Sheikh. He's doing it on a shoe string here.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Incoming big January spending?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No not really, I have said many times that he has far too many limitations as a manager to be considered a coaching god.

Remember when everyone and their dog was saying last season that he would win Mr Universe with our squad. I kept on saying that it's nowhere near close to reality.

Guardiola needs quality all over the pitch to win trophies. He needs that fear factor to play into his tactics. He also cannot sustain a long term project, the players get tired of his methods which leads to a lot of burnout. An injury to a key player throws everything off for them, because his system is so complicated.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We’ve hired an actual likeable manager (just like Ferguson) and it’s like the footy gods have decided to put things back how they were

kidbob

Their players have downed tools, obviously don't like playing for Pep. More likely they need more oil money to get them going again.

cyberman

If Pep ends up with one title out of three would he be remembered as a success? Especially if he comes up short in CL again?