Varchester City 18/19 discussion

Bojan11

They still rely on Silva so much.

Much has been made about Peps signing. But Silva and Aguero are still the two key players.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Red tinted specs off here, they need to get rid of that useless idiot Mendy and bring in a proper left back. They could also do with getting adequate back-up for Fernandinho.

Mahrez was a waste of 60m, he's not better than what they already had. Should've spent the money on a left back or defensive mid.

Bottling it is in Liverpool's DNA, so I've still hope for these cnuts. Ideally, Spurs take it though. Although, talking of bottle-job DNA...

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
They have yet to retain the league despite all their progress and many billions spent. There's a fragility, some kind of complacency, to them that I think is going to feck them this season and hand the league to the cocking scum :mad:

I hope I'm wrong but all indications are it's going to be Liverpool's year. Now excuse me while I go vomit.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Of all the seasons to meltdown in December... handing them the title on a plate. On our current form I can see Liverpool beat Arsenal and then us at the Etihad too to seal it (well at least to eliminate us).

3 losses in 4 games, 2 of them where we were completely outplayed.
Whats worrying is the lack of fight from everyone bar Bernardo today.

Danilo and Delph were shocking. Today has confirmed to me I never want to see Gundo play for us again, he's a talented lad but lazy as feck. Sterling was pretty shocking too, probably needs a rest.
Better team won, title is gone. We're in no shape to win the CL, its a good job we're still in the league cup.

Castia

Pep will start losing it again soon like he does when his team aren’t winning, throws his toys out of the pram like we’ve seen numerous times in the past.

Irwin99

This is such a weird feeling. I am delighted it's unraveling a bit for the arrogant cnut but it's come at a cost with Liverpool waltzing to the title
You never know, it could be Spurs that wins it :drool::)

Seriously, we have an actual title race. I don't think you can say this City team is the best in the PL's history if they don't retain their title. I know they broke all sorts of records last year but they failed in Europe and if they can't retain the league then you have to ask questions. I still fancy them for the league though. The pressure on Pool will be intense

breakout67

Supports
Man City
They still rely on Silva so much.

Much has been made about Peps signing. But Silva and Aguero are still the two key players.
City are nothing without their inherited players. Fernanndinho, Silva, KdB, Aguero, Sterling are still city's best players.

Many of us have been saying it for ages only to be called Jose fanboys, when it was just stating a fact. It's just some were so obsessed with managers that they convinced themselves that Baldy could turn shite into gold.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If Pep ends up with one title out of three would he be remembered as a success? Especially if he comes up short in CL again?
Not for me. With the money he spent, he should be looking at 2 out of 3 title wins or a CL win.

RochaRoja

Can’t believe people actually think they won’t win the league.

They’ll smash Liverpool next week and probably drop another four points all season.

el3mel

The more difference will grow up the more they implode. They're actually proving they're not as tough under pressure. Best team in PL history my arse.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They have yet to retain the league despite all their progress and many billions spent. There's a fragility, some kind of complacency, to them that I think is going to feck them this season and hand the league to the cocking scum :mad:

I hope I'm wrong but all indications are it's going to be Liverpool's year. Now excuse me while I go vomit.
I think they're doing to us intentionally.

Castia

Can’t believe people actually think they won’t win the league.

They’ll smash Liverpool next week and probably drop another four points all season.

Liverpool always play well against City and will beat them at the Etihad next week as well.

LoveFootball

Last season teams gave them too much respect in PL, they were getting ambarrassed as usually in CL and this season too. The way we came back with ease in the 2nd half last season at their groind in such a decisive game was the ring bell for me. They'll finish below 2nd place.

padr81

Supports
Man City

100%, I said it while under Pellegrini there is a lack of mental toughness in us. It's been there for ages, I thought it had changed last season but it hasn't.
When we are good we are really good, when we lose a game, we need ages to recover and we lets things spiral out of control with mistake after mistake. We lack a real leader on the pitch too.

Kompany was a great captain and still is a likable guy but I don't think he's ever been the guy to go into a dressing room and fire out the hard truths. So these little things get in our heads and completely blow up. While last season was amazing, we had the same issue after the Anfield CL game, where we just became fragile.

Nick7

What was the Delph red card for?

According to the media they were the best team the premier league has ever seen. I think everybody forgot that we dominated it for 20 years. Feck Pep and feck city.
Don't worry, Liverpool are now the greatest team in the history of football.

Cloud7

FFS Pep, he could have left this collapse for next season when we’re good again to capitalize on it.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
According to the media they were the best team the premier league has ever seen. I think everybody forgot that we dominated it for 20 years. Feck Pep and feck city.
The joke is on us if we believe those who have no clues about how football works. Few goals here and there and they are the best team. Pathetic journalism which often goes unquestioned.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It's quite nice being able to sing the chant "City's cracking up again", it's a shame that it's helping Liverpool walk the league though :(

Canagel

The PL hasn't been defended for 10 years. It's not just City. Actually makes you appreciate what a genius SAF was. Winning it 3 times in a row on two different occasions.
I'm now certain Liverpool will be champions

norm87cro

Rooting for these cnuts is a curse and we should close this thread and stand by our team even if the scousers win it come May. No poin in Being invested in something that is clearly out of our control

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That Mahrez penalty miss is looking more and more costly by the week.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Well, Pellegrini 1 league 2 league cups, CL semi final.

Pep 1 league 1 league cup, CL QF best result so far, with even more money spending
Presuming he doesn't win the league cup where he's in the semi final vs Burton.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Haha lose 2 matches and Blue moon site is dead.

Imagine if they had to endure what we have for 5 or 6 years fecking plebs.

el3mel

Presuming he doesn't win the league cup where he's in the semi final vs Burton.
They'll be equal then, but won't that look like, somewhat underwhelming ? Expectations for Pep are higher than for Pellegrini anyway.

RochaRoja

Haha lose 2 matches and Blue moon site is dead.

Imagine if they had to endure what we have for 5 or 6 years fecking plebs.
They’re Manchester City. That’s what they endured for pretty much their entire history prior to the takeover.