Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Best compliment is that he was fine today and didn’t cost us. But he likely will again soon enough. I’d avoid playing him where possible, although that’s nothing to do with this particular game.

Daniel_M7

Doesn’t matter what he does. Even when he does nothing wrong people will always complain :lol: And I swear, it all relates to his first game against Huddersfield last season. The guy is a beast playing for Sweden and with some self confidence instead of Mourinho constantly complaining about his centerback options, Lindelof could be a beast for us aswell.

A-man

Best compliment is that he was fine today and didn’t cost us. But he likely will again soon enough. I’d avoid playing him where possible, although that’s nothing to do with this particular game.
Any CB in the world will cost hos team every now and then, it comes with the job.

KjaAnd

Doesn’t matter what he does. Even when he does nothing wrong people will always complain :lol: And I swear, it all relates to his first game against Huddersfield last season. The guy is a beast playing for Sweden and with some self confidence instead of Mourinho constantly complaining about his centerback options, Lindelof could be a beast for us aswell.
He was bullied by every single one of the Burnley players he faced today. I really want to like him, but IMO he's just too weak.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Jesus christ he is not a beast at all, he’s not even their best CB, fecking sweden, important is how he plays in the prem than in international games. We definitely threw money away, he simply cant defent is too weak and shambokic in he air, his ability on te baall is overrated, and just not mentally up for it, he’s a prototype of non- united player sinple as

A-man

Wasn’t able to see the match today, but when reading here I first thought United conced 2-3 goals at least, all because of Lindelof. Then I read the reviews in the papers and see he got good ratings.

A-man

Jesus christ he is not a beast at all, he’s not even their best CB, fecking sweden, important is how he plays in the prem than in international games. We definitely threw money away, he simply cant defent is too weak and shambokic in he air, his ability on te baall is overrated, and just not mentally up for it, he’s a prototype of non- united player sinple as
Who of United’s CB are prototypes of a United CB, according to your opinion?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think he is particulary good, but I also don't think he is any worse than some of those ball playing CBs in top clubs that are making worse mistakes than him in every game but are getting away with it because they are "modern" CBs. For example, I think Stones directly costed City more goals in last two seasons than Lindelof will ever cost United. And he was about ten times more expensive.

I think he can improve by time to decent level.

Thiagoal

Watching Daley Blind absolutely bossing it at Ajax and Lindelof looking so shakey; I really do wonder if Jose still has an eye for a talented centre back! Never understood why the Smalling-Blind combo (that was starting to look amazing) got dismantled so quickly!

A-man

In which case Lindelöf has been doing his job spec fantastically well.
Wouldn’t say he has costed more goals than the other centre backs at United, pretty average in that sense. Or what is your own opinion?

Grande

Played quite well today, proactive, fewest mistakes of all the defenders, his only real trouble in the air was when Smalling forgot his man so he was up against two. Generally cooperated well with Mike, more shaky relation with Shaw. 6,5 out of 10.

Charlie Foley

Watching Daley Blind absolutely bossing it at Ajax and Lindelof looking so shakey; I really do wonder if Jose still has an eye for a talented centre back! Never understood why the Smalling-Blind combo (that was starting to look amazing) got dismantled so quickly!
They complimented each other pretty well I thought.

haram

Blind is playing in a much weaker league.

Thiagoal

Blind is playing in a much weaker league.
Clearly what you say is true, but my main point was based off his performances with Smalling at United! I remember the 'he'll get bullied' narrative that kept getting mentioned and then he'd use intelligence to totally nullify said threat. A proper footballer was Daley in my opinion!

iHicksy

Not sure what game you guys were watching. He was really good yesterday.

Red_toad

Not sure what game you guys were watching. He was really good yesterday.
How low standards are now, if doing very little is now classed as being very good! He had a decent game, still a tad shaky at times and was bullied by Woods a few times.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Clearly what you say is true, but my main point was based off his performances with Smalling at United! I remember the 'he'll get bullied' narrative that kept getting mentioned and then he'd use intelligence to totally nullify said threat. A proper footballer was Daley in my opinion!
I remember Blind particulaty took the piss out of Lukaku in one game where there was the big build up on how he would struggle with his strength and pace.

MadMike

How low standards are now, if doing very little is now classed as being very good! He had a decent game, still a tad shaky at times and was bullied by Woods a few times.
Funny how a striker holding his ground and fending off a defender a few times, or winning 2-3 headers in 90 mins is now "bullying" the defender. As if these strikers are child-sized or something and shouldn't be winning any challenges whatsoever.

Funny that when it's done by our strikers it's never pointed out at all. If Lukaku had the kind of game Woods had yesterday, he would have been lambasted as totally ineffectual, anonymous and controlled by the defenders. Yet Woods apparently bullied our defence.

Go figure.

NinjaFletch

I remember Blind particulaty took the piss out of Lukaku in one game where there was the big build up on how he would struggle with his strength and pace.
Blind was actually pretty strong, and not particularly slow for a centre-half either. A few inches taller and he could have been a really top quality centre-half I think.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He nearly did at the end when he just thought he'd watch the bloke in front of him get a free header on goal.

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought he was good yesterday but alot of peoples opinions have already been set, so it's going to be hard for him to change that. Not sure he is that good overall, but against these kind of teams he always manages to play pretty well. It's the big games he tends to get exposed in.

Kostov

I have to admit, he proved me wrong very fast. Before the start of the season I thought he deserves a bit of time and he might turn it around this season, now I'm dreading the thought of him playing, we were fortunate yesterday that he didn't cost us a goal. I wouldn't mind if we get rid as soon as January.

Shiva87

Let's hope he puts in a few more performances where he doesn't cost us a goal. Good sign that Jose seems to be persisting with him at the start of this season.

An Irish Red

Thought he was good yesterday but alot of peoples opinions have already been set, so it's going to be hard for him to change that. Not sure he is that good overall, but against these kind of teams he always manages to play pretty well. It's the big games he tends to get exposed in.
His 'good performances' are the ones in which he has nothing to do defensively. If teams actually attack him he falls apart.

He nearly did at the end when he just thought he'd watch the bloke in front of him get a free header on goal.
You mean when Smalling let his man go and thought he'd just watch whilst Lindelof went up against two Burnley players? Can hardly blame him for that.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I don't understand why a Manchester United CB NEEDS to be paired with a better one to do his job.

Surely, if that's the case, he's not meant to be a Man Utd CB.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You mean when Smalling let his man go and thought he'd just watch whilst Lindelof went up against two Burnley players? Can hardly blame him for that.
Nope, I mean right at the end, after someone (Vokes?) gave Smalling a small shove in the back to win the header and De Gea made the save. Cross came back in and Lindelof was just standing around doing nothing at all.

Zoo

I have to admit, he proved me wrong very fast. Before the start of the season I thought he deserves a bit of time and he might turn it around this season, now I'm dreading the thought of him playing, we were fortunate yesterday that he didn't cost us a goal. I wouldn't mind if we get rid as soon as January.
How were we fortunate yesterday? He didn’t put a foot wrong.

Nope, I mean right at the end, after someone (Vokes?) gave Smalling a small shove in the back to win the header and De Gea made the save. Cross came back in and Lindelof was just standing around doing nothing at all.
Lindelof, Matic and Shaw were all playing statues there to be fair. Not just him.

Kostov

How were we fortunate yesterday? He didn’t put a foot wrong.
Was that Vokes that missed that free header while he didn't even challenge?

The few times he had to actually defend, he looked like a boy against men, a CB that reeks of insecurity and pretty much any semi decent PL striker will have his scalp.

Stringer

The guy has been so poor for United that every performance in which he doesn’t make a huge blunder is hailed as very good or great.

MadMike

I think he means the 91st minute and the header by Vydra after that phase of play when De Gea had to save from Vokes as well. I don't really think he's to blame for that either though, after watching it again.

He was marking the central space and the cross was quite short on the near post, where Vydra was much better positioned to win it. He couldn't leave the central area unmarked and go walkabouts either.

I just think some people struggle with the concept that if the opposition have some strong/tall players and they put some decent crosses in the box from open play, they're bound to win some headers. The defenders ain't flawless, but the strikers ain't muppets either. And it doesn't really even require a defensive mistake for them to be well positioned and win some headers. I see it on the matchday thread, everytime an opposition striker wins a header people acting like it's a major mistake from the denfender and what not. Over the top. I wonder if opposition fans lose their shit in similar fashion, every time Fellaini or Lukaku win a header in their box or something.

De Gea was unworked until the 82nd minute and only after we went down to 10 while also leading. Some credit has to go to the defence for that, although the midfield also deserve praise while we have to acknowledge that Burnley were not the best either. It's combination of things, football ain't binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.