Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very good today. Nice to see him being more aggressive. Keep it up Victor.

Wayne's World

Better then Van Dijk ;):lol:

But seriously right now, he's in the best form of his career at Manchester United. Delighted for him

PoTMS

Great performance again from the Iceman. Just need a competent partner beside him and maybe an upgrade on his fullbacks.

Dalot-VNL-De Ligt-Shaw :drool:

Is it just me or does he look taller?
It's the Ole effect, he put him on a tailored height gaining program. Is there anything this man can't do? ;)

And yeah, he really was superb tonight in all aspects. His lack of pace has concerned me in the past, and I do still worry that he might come a cropper against really quick forwards e.g. Neymar, but his reading of the game has been so good recently that he's been able to sniff out danger without needing pace or a last ditch tackle to bail him out.

Not sure if he is/can become a leader, but I think he's the absolute perfect foil for a world-class, pacy CB in their prime (though acquiring such a player could be tricky!)

Jacko21

Proof that there is immense value in giving a player time.

Why people still need reminding of that is beyond me.

Based Adnan

2 clowns either side of him but he came out unaffected. Great all round performances today and also created 2 chances. Developing very nicely :)

The Real Treble 99

Lindelof MOTM tonight.

He’s been very impressive & looks like he’s flourishing under Ole. And since Ole arrival he’s been very consistent in his game even improving his game.

SteveW

Did really well. Not fast or strong enough but playing with courage and a cool head. Fair play to the lad

Aresma7

Lindelof is a quality defender for sure. He's slowly but steady gaining more and more confidence, something a player like him needs.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
He was my motm tonight. Seems to be growing in confidence every game. Not too bad at bringing the ball out either.

Canagel

Excellent. Was totally bemused when he went shoulder to shoulder with Rondon and came out with the ball. He's clearly a lot stronger than we give him credit for. Great work today .

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Thought he was a class apart tonight. He's getting stronger isn't he? Dealt with the big lump Rondon like it was nothing and was equally calm and collected bringing the ball out too. Flawless performance. Delighted for him.

Last edited:

Excellent tonight. Its getting to the point where we only need to bring in one CB now.

AshRK

He will not get it but he has been our player of the season so far. People highlight his mistakes but he has been superb this season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure I saw quite what everyone else did, but happy to be wrong on this occasion.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's due a goal soon. Haven't you noticed that he finds himself in the box at least once a game unmarked? He's Ole's secret weapon. :devil:

Trizy

I'm still too skeptical of him yet to say he should be a starter. Can't fault him the past 2 months though.

Imagine having to play beside either Bailey or Jones.. poor lad :rolleyes:

Devil may care

Haven't read the thread but I thought he was the best of the 2 CB's tonight and had a tough task given how bad Jones and Valencia were, he at least showed some composure and read most situations well, he wasn't great by any means but he's definitely the lesser of the multiple evils in that backline right now.

Andersons Dietician

Be intresting to see what happens when Smalling comes back as Lindelof has been great on the right side and Smalling can operate on the left but it will be intresting to see what Ole does since we are used to seeing those two switched around.

Ban

I hope he'll be like our Norwegian CBs from the past, like Berg or Johnsen.

hehehe

MadMike

Been highly critical of him in the past but he deserves the plaudits today. Mopped everything up nicely and started some good attacks.

I think him and Smalling will do fine till season’s end. Rojo, Bailey and Jones are the concerns for me.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Looking like the player we wanted to sign at last. His distribution is so much better than Jones and Smalling aswell. Would be great if he can stay fit and keep his form.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
For me this was Lindelof's best game I can remember defensively because the Juventus game was blown out of proportion.

I've pointed out where I feel Lindelof has come up short and when Jones has been better in recent weeks, but today Jones was the shakier one defensively and Lindelof stepped up and took more responsibility as the main man at the back. He even won 7 headers today which is a minor miracle for Lindelof. That was the most of our team. In fact the most of any player on the pitch. Perhaps we need to test him for performance enhancing drugs.

On the ball he had 1 great piece of play around 50 minutes where he rode a challenge and played a nice pass. I was slightly dissappointed that he didnt do more going forward today as this is the type of match where you'd want CB's adding a bit more to attacking play if possible and other than that 1 great piece of play Lindelof really didnt add much.

So not perfect but still a good performance and if he played like that every week we wouldnt necessarily need to spend £60 million+ on a CB. But its 1 game. So I'll see how he does following it up.
This makes perfect sense to me.

No need for people to get so defensive because of some light critique of Lindelof. I doubt Lindelof has any real haters yet because of his likeable attitude. Everyone can see that this was a performance worthy the United-shirt. His best performance for the club by far, and he proved his doubters wrong by dealing with aerials perfectly. I wouldn't go expect too much from him now as that would be setting yourself up for disappointment, but everyone must agree that if he can keep this type of performance going he will be a star.

Reiver

His performances had been improving as the season went on so OGS can't take all the credit for tonight's performance.

Based Adnan

Something I've noticed is he's added a lot of aggression in his game. If there's a 50/50 he goes in all guns blazing with the intention to take everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.