Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

steakpie

Is it just me or does he look taller? Very good performance, loved him outmuscling Rondon. Seems to be enjoying playing for United.

Long term, the jury is still out.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Another one of those games where he was supposed to get bullied by Rondons physicality, but it never happened. Get someone like Skriniar in next to him and we are sorted.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I said it earlier and i repeat it. He is our best defender, not Smalling. Pair him with Skriniar or Koulibaly

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Superb all game. Thought Rondon might bully him but he handled him well. He is having very good season.

Adamsk7

Brilliant tonight. To be fair, he’s been at least very good since Solskjaer took over. Was physically and mentally dominant over Rondon.

If he can put in this performance against a good side and that’s still a big if, then he might just make it here yet. He would benefit greatly from having a decent defender beside him, I think it’s vital we get Smalling fit and playing well if we aren’t going to bring in a quality centre back.

A-man

What makes me most happy is that he is improving new parts of his game all the time. Everybody, myself included, were worried that Rondón would crush him in the air, but it was quite the opposite. Great game!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Traditionally, Lindelof would struggle in this type of game against a forward like Rondon. But he was strong and purposeful throughout.

He's actually having a very good season imo. On the basis of consistency, he's an outside shout for POTS. But ultimately if Pogba, Martial and Rashford carry on banging them in he would get those kind of headlines.

M Utd

I've been really impressed by him recently. The physical part of his game has seriously improved and his distribution is excellent. My MOM vs Newcastle today. Fingers crossed he continues to develop.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I keep saying he’s our best CB. But no doubt the haters will be out next time he makes a mistake.

Minimalist

He's our reliable defender now.

You can say you don't rate him if you want (no issue with that) but apart from Smalling, he's the best we've got.

Jones, Bailly and Rojo are well behind those two.

Walters_19_MuFc

Solid again today. So happy for him. Got a lot of stick last season, but has come on leaps on bounds and has been our best defender this season.

Loved when he out muscled Rondon.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Very solid today. Had an immense second half. Jones had a few clueless moments but together they were very good. If he can be a bit of a leader in the back.....

Ekeke

My bad :D

I always feel you're a bit too critical of him at times. He bossed it tonight and I hope he'll go from strength to strength.
Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. I agree he was everything we wanted tonight and I'll be honest, I expected tonight to be more his undoing than his moment of glory because of the type of striker he was up against. But he didnt just get through the game but he was actively the one winning the ball in the air while Jones was off his game a bit. If he keeps this up all season he'll be one of the best defenders in the air in the league instead of one of the worst which is what he had been up till this point.

So I'm not ready to get overexcited over 1 match, but I'd love nothing more than for him to continue to be strong in that area in the follow up matches to this one showing a complete transformation from a weakness to a strength.

marktan

Credit where it's due, I thought he had very poor defensive abilities and have been critical of him but that was a commanding defensive performance. Long may it continue.

dove

Good game but he desperately needs someone with at least a tiny bit of brain alongside him.

Art

Art the artist
Thing with our Victor is he had a great game. Absolutely bossed it even. But I cant help but feel nervous when he's going on a tussle with another player for the ball as I never know if he's going to win it or not :lol:

MetoTTT

Yes, a good performance again. He can improve a lot. Always believed in him. Hope he'll get better.

Andersons Dietician

Looking more and more like the player that was at Benfica. Can’t understand how Carragher didn’t give him MOTM as he was fantastic. Two passes to send Rashford away as well were great but defensively just great.

Kamprad

Superb performance. Especially when you think who is defensive partner was!
Jones should be spared of anykind of criticism for at least a week after that comeback in first half IMO. Yes he fecked up just before but still.

Ontopic: Another very good game by Lindelof.

Aloysius's Back 3

Not perfect by any means but seems to make less mistakes when on the right side of defence. Feels less pressured there & most of the time a step in front of the attackers.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been very good lately.

Credit to him.

He needs a better partner than Jones though.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
In this type of form apart from Van Dyke he’s the best centreback in the league. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. Absolutely bossing it lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.