Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's not slipped under the radar exactly but what a fecking turn around this season, even under Jose he was probably our best defender, he's our best now without question. He's shaping up to be a brilliant player, displaying so much confidence with how he plays.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His usual performance.

Last season that meant average to poor, this season that means good to very good.

meamth

Always loved it when he tried to carry the ball forward. The most enthusiastic defender since Vidic.

Ekeke

Had 1 moment where Jorginho played Higuain in behind him, but considering how much defending we had to do 1 moment isnt bad. A very good performance alongside a great performance from Smalling. They're a 7/10 partnership for me

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not only great performer but also helping Smalling in reaching match rhythm with steady form like this.

Iam Zlatan Ibrahimovic

His development and learning curve is out of this world. Got the feeling that Lindelof will be at the heart of our defense for ages, a captain in the making.

Devil may care

I like how vocal he's become and bar a slip in the first half I thought he played very well tonight, that block on Hazard was a big moment.

MetoTTT

Another great performance there. He could be a true leader. He's a smart player who is playing with confidence right now. Some wanted him sold...

Devil may care

Was Ander if you mean the one that went over the bar. The commentary did say it was Lindelof to be fair
Oh right, my mistake, I was that caught up in the game I didn't realize to commentator got it wrong. Him and Smalling compliment each other better than any other combo we have IMO, it's just a shame he has to play LCB with Smalling as I do think it diminishes his ability to bring the ball out.

arthurka

Had 1 moment where Jorginho played Higuain in behind him, but considering how much defending we had to do 1 moment isnt bad. A very good performance alongside a great performance from Smalling. They're a 7/10 partnership for me
Just a question, what is a 10/10 partnership then if this was just a solid 7 ?

RC89

Been the best defender in the country for months.
More of this please. Absolute beast today. He and Smalling both. But his ability to bring the ball out sets him apart.

To be considered world class he'd have to maintain this form for some length of time but he's been playing at that level for a good few months now. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Ekeke

Well if we look at today specifically, Lindelof had the trip where Higauin didnt make the most of the break away. And Jorginho played a pass in behind Lindelof where Higuain's control let him down a bit in the end and couldnt get a shot on target. Then the Hazard chance where he was running onto his left side against Lindelof and Ander bailed out our CBs deflecting the ball over the bar. And Hazard did have a moment getting his ball in past Smalling on the left too.

Smalling is also not the best on the ball.

So I would say 7/10 because they did have those moments that on another day with some worse luck might have led to a goal against. And a 10/10 defense would have none of those moments. 7/10 is a combination that clearly can and usually will do a good job together. I think thats what we have with Smalling and Lindelof.

A-man

To maximise Lindelof you’d need a partner who could play to the left. Now he plays in his second best position.

Status
Not open for further replies.