Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

STYLOISRED

how you know the top CBs is that they make defending look easy. attacks just die when they approach his zone. the way he plays now, am not even sure a commanding CB is even necessary. For a CB who little bit more physical like Smalling but comfortable on the left side will do.
Even in the air you see his dominance growing game by game.

redom

Thought he was very good today, always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feels like I say this after every game now, but be was superb again. Easily our best defender right now, the turnaround has been amazing. What a player :drool:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Quality again today. Seemed to have more work to do than Smalling who also played well, and dealt with everything excellently.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've been skeptical of him despite the improvement. But now he's beginning to command the box which wasn't the case earlier.

Also I love the little touches on the ball that open up space.

El-Manos

One of the best central defenders in the league at the moment. On Monday Chelsea fans in the pub were praising him, saying how good he was.

kundalini

One awful pass that got cut-out, allowing them to counter-attack, otherwise played well.

automaticflare

Thought he was great again today. Him and Shaw on the left side have a good understanding now and constantly cover each other. They are building up a very good relationship. Long may it continue

ash_86

How wrong was I about him . The way he handled livepool attack with ease was amazing . Between him and smalling I don't feel we will let any goals

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Was in beast mode today against attackers who like to play on the ground but also held his own when the big Liverpool cbs came up for corners

Thumbs up from me

Djemba-Djemba

It's hard to believe he's the same player we saw for most of last season and the start of this season.

The complete 180 in his form is incredible.

The Irish Connection

Class today. The whole back 4 were. To keep a clean sheet against supposedly one of the best attacks in Europe and after 4 injuries and martial out is n excellent performance.

Kamprad

Best part is that I think he’s got a lot of things to work on. And he will probably get much better. He is still a rough diamond. So being this “unfinished” and still being the first centreback choice in United, well it’s looking good for him.

sam147

The Iceman proved a lot of people wrong. I cant believe how much stick he got of people. Did they learn nothing from the Vidic signing? Glad to see how the fans are appreciating him. Jose knew how to spot a good defender. When he plays in his preferred RCB position he will be even better. Hopefully its alongside Koulibaly. Another clinic in defence today, very composed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can’t remember being so wrong about a player. He’s even winning bloody headers.
I'm pleased to be proven wrong, I genuinely thought he had no chance here, instead he's been brilliant. That's why I'm not even writing off Fred just yet, everyone deserves at least a season to show their worth, a player's first season in England has proven time and time again that the league's tricky to adapt to.

MorraGambit

The Iceman proved a lot of people wrong. I cant believe how much stick he got of people. Did they learn nothing from the Vidic signing? Glad to see how the fans are appreciating him. Jose knew how to spot a good defender. When he plays in his preferred RCB position he will be even better. Hopefully its alongside Koulibaly. Another clinic in defence today, very composed.
Sadly, some people will never learn. We'll sign another defender from another league, he's not doing well the first few months, people will say he's not United material, waste of money, sack Ole etc..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sadly, some people will never learn. We'll sign another defender from another league, he's not doing well the first few months, people will say he's not United material, waste of money, sack Ole etc..
To be fair, some players do just end up being shit.

Based Adnan

The perfect example of 'having a season to settle yourself' being a thing. Brilliant player and imo the 2nd best CB in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.