Victor Lindelöf | Officially signs

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
19:50KEY EVENT
Victor Lindelof explains how he can help team-mates
Victor Lindelof believes he can give Manchester United’smidfielders ‘quite a calmness’ with his composure at the back following his £30.7m move from Benfica.

I think I’m quite a calm player, he told manutd.com.

I like to have the ball at my feet. I think I’m good with the ball.

I think I’m quite good at reading the game and I give my players in front of me quite a calmness knowing I’m back there trying to protect them as well as I can.

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - JUNE 14: (EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Victor Lindelof of Manchester United poses after signing for the club at Aon Training Complex on June 14, 2017 in Manchester, England. (Photo by John Peters/Man Utd via Getty Images)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He looks very smug. Is that a Swedish thing?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Excellent signing! And coming from a sick Porto fan.

Victor Lindelof believes he can give Manchester United’smidfielders ‘quite a calmness’ with his composure at the back following his £30.7m move from Benfica.

I think I’m quite good at reading the game and I give my players in front of me quite a calmness knowing I’m back there trying to protect them as well as I can.

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - JUNE 14: (EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Victor Lindelof of Manchester United poses after signing for the club at Aon Training Complex on June 14, 2017 in Manchester, England. (Photo by John Peters/Man Utd via Getty Images)
Calm and handsome, perfect. Can't wait to see what him and Bailly can do together next season. Great start to the summer :drool:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jaysus what the feck is that post :lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just read a little transcript of the interview and he sounds good.

Heard a short clip of him being welcomed and his answer - speaks excellent English. I like the guy, sounds professional. Wishing him all the best!

Friction

Good signing. He wasn't extremely expensive in comparison of how much every player is going for this summer, which leaves more in the bank for the other 3 or 4 possible signings. He's young with plenty of potential, but already good enough to probably start over Smalling, Jones, and Rojo. He's not a top notch name like a Varane or Ramos, but then again neither was Bailly, and he was one of our best players last year.

pghcc

A bailly with ice.. Good stuff :devil::devil: !!

Välkommen Victor. Lycka til hos Laget!!!

NYAS

Let's not forget how good of a composed passer Bailly is, too.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Sounds a confident lad without being arrogant. I really like the sound of him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Could he be playing in midfield? Since we need a dm and he's comfortable with the ball. Plus we're stacked with cbs now.
Rojo - injured
Jones - always injured
Smalling - probably will be leaving this Summer
Baily - injury prone, but should start the season
Lindelof - he will start the season

Basically we will most likely be starting the season with 2 fit CBs.
So, you say we are "stacked", can you please explain this further?

Trizy

I have such a good feeling about this guy. I dunno why, maybe it's because Jose knows a good defender.

Pace, calmness, ball playing and good passing - All attributes both him and Bailey have. Exciting times!

In todays market we'll probably get £30m for Smalling. Money back for this guy.

siw2007

Happy with our first signing of the summer. We already have quite a few central defenders but with so many of them having questionable fitness records, it made sense to bring in a quality player who can hopefully offer us something different in that area of the pitch. Question is though, who does he replace in the squad??

NYAS

Rojo - injured
Jones - always injured
Smalling - probably will be leaving this Summer
Baily - injury prone, but should start the season
Lindelof - he will start the season

Basically we will most likely be starting the season with 2 fit CBs.
So, you say we are "stacked", can you please explain this further?
Very harsh on Bailly. Surely the injuries he got last season were as a result of his non-stop performances particularly given the AFCON. I wouldn't call him injury-prone at all.