Victor Osimhen - £74m Napoli Signing

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well, It's the only reasonable thing that could happen. If your CM mocks your players and/or the club allows this type of cringe content on social media, then you are doing something wrong.
You'd be surprised. Sometimes people try to be funny when they aren't funny. I find it more plausible that the person in charge of their tiktok actually fecked up and played the unfunny but offensive clown role than their account being hacked

BarstoolProphet

Self-mocking trend aimed at the young football fan, meets the fragile egos of superstar footballers. Glad to hear that the coconut video didn't come from the official account. Would be one of the most bizarre social media postings ever, but at the same time one of the most Italian thing ever, if it was posted by the official account.

Sylar

The penalty miss meme is a thing som football TikTok admins do. Russian teams do it often and sides like Spartak Moscow have a weird tiktok following due to posts like that
Self-mocking type of videos on clubs social media have been pretty popular for a while. Zenit have already been mentioned, here's an example from Roma, San Marino does it on twitter to an extent, smaller clubs also do it. There's a small dutch club who's closing on the top clubs in terms of followers due to only doing humour posts, poking fun at Man City among others. So I wouldn't think there's hacking or rogue admins involved. Just a mishap from a failed attempt at going for self-deprecating humour. Like when someone at a party that kills the room with a bad joke type of thing.
Ah thanks for a good response, both. Its an interesting thing to do.
If they do it to every player, thats something I guess.

I saw the coconut one though which is more offensive than the penalty missing one. I havent checked Napolis tiktok but if hes the only player that has had this against him (twice), then thats something... But if this is correct:

Self-mocking trend aimed at the young football fan, meets the fragile egos of superstar footballers. Glad to hear that the coconut video didn't come from the official account. Would be one of the most bizarre social media postings ever, but at the same time one of the most Italian thing ever, if it was posted by the official account.
Then fair enough.

CloneMC16

I can't understand why you would banter your own player. Especially when it's your best player. It's not even funny. Way over the top to want to sue, but I'm baffled why you would put out a video mocking your own player.

bosskeano

could get interesting if they try to force legal action and have his contract voided....a move to the premier league is what he wants but i suspect that fight to get it done would take significant time

The Original

Not only is it a bit of an overreaction, it's pathetic.

It was dumb and not even funny by the Napoli TikTok admin (who even uses that shit except kids?) but surely he's aware that it's not his Napoli team mates or his coach, staff or owners that did that, it's one of their social media employees. Reacting like this is just way over the top.
So you think you have a better thermometer for what a person's relationship with his colleagues is or would be than the person himself? You do realize that a negative post on social media could just be the last straw in a series of events rather than the single event that break's the camel's back?

Without hearing from the player himself, what context do you have in interpreting his actions? Especially where we are talking about the social media account of one of Italy's largest clubs, which certainly will not willy nilly be posting just any and every thing without prior approval??

zaafi

So you think you have a better thermometer for what a person's relationship with his colleagues is or would be than the person himself? You do realize that a negative post on social media could just be the last straw in a series of events rather than the single event that break's the camel's back?

Without hearing from the player himself, what context do you have in interpreting his actions? Especially where we are talking about the social media account of one of Italy's largest clubs, which certainly will not willy nilly be posting just any and every thing without prior approval??
He is loved by his owner, his fans and his team mates. Why make a huge scene out of what a social media employee did? Have him fired, if that's what his demands are, but don't go on and delete every picture with your success in Napoli from your pages. The fans have nothing to do with this.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
He is loved by his owner, his fans and his team mates. Why make a huge scene out of what a social media employee did? Have him fired, if that's what his demands are, but don't go on and delete every picture with your success in Napoli from your pages. The fans have nothing to do with this.
Won't someone think of the fans thinking of the instagram posts.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I'm sure that Napoli's team stuff or even admin know that inside Osimhen is very sensitive person. I don't know why they mocked him, although their reputiation of Napoli's admins are being known as someone who mock or joke against every team or even their own players.

Bad action from their own Admin. I don't know why they banter him.

The Original

That's the question I'm asking you actually. Has Osimhen said that the social media post is the only issue? And how exactly would you know that he is loved by the Napoli owner (who is not his owner, as humans are no longer allowed to own other humans), rather than merely valued as an asset - and the teammates?

Would the social media handler be so bold if there wasn't someone somewhere approving their actions? You're making this about the social media handler when it's obvious that this person could not have acted alone - even if the club now claims that he or she did, which they haven't.

They were obviously either actively acting on someone's instructions or mirroring an attitude witnessed within the club. If this is true, which it most likely is, Osimhen is not merely reacting to a post, he would be reacting to a disposition that is merely evidenced by the post and not the particular post itself.

zaafi

That's the question I'm asking you actually. Has Osimhen said that the social media post is the only issue? And how exactly would you know that he is loved by the Napoli owner (who is not his owner, as humans are no longer allowed to own other humans), rather than merely valued as an asset - and the teammates?

Would the social media handler be so bold if there wasn't someone somewhere approving their actions? You're making this about the social media handler when it's obvious that this person could not have acted alone - even if the club now claims that he or she did, which they haven't.

They were obviously either actively acting on someone's instructions or mirroring an attitude witnessed within the club. If this is true, which it most likely is, Osimhen is not merely reacting to a post, he would be reacting to a disposition that is merely evidenced by the post and not the particular post itself.
He has not talked about any other issue and he has seemed genuinely happy during his time there, so why are you assuming it is about something else?

I find it hard to believe the person responsible for this is acting on someone's instructions within the club. "Hey, Lorenzo, make a childish video about Osimhen on TikTok so we can all laugh at the guy that played a major role in winning us the title for the first time in around 50 years!"

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

His reaction is over the top. But there's a series of events that have led up to this as you have suggested. His fallout with Garcia saw him having to apologise and the club captain Di Lorenzo rightly criticising Osimhen:

We manage certain episodes within the locker room. These become more evident when things go wrong.

“In these moments we don’t need such an attitude, we need to be united and focused on the objective. We will talk to the group and the coach to resolve it.
We also have to keep in mind that the TikTok generation is a whole new weird ballgame. The Napoli account makes fun of Raspadori missing chances, Mario Rui for acting like a Neanderthal, a really weird video where a chicken lays an egg and Lozano pops out. I don't understand it but Napoli arent't the only ones at it. Spartak Moscow have a lot of social media followers because they post 'funny' material a lot of the time.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
His reaction is over the top. But there's a series of events that have led up to this as you have suggested. His fallout with Garcia saw him having to apologise and the club captain Di Lorenzo rightly criticising Osimhen:

We also have to keep in mind that the TikTok generation is a whole new weird ballgame. The Napoli account makes fun of Raspadori missing chances, Mario Rui for acting like a Neanderthal, a really weird video where a chicken lays an egg and Lozano pops out. I don't understand it but Napoli arent't the only ones at it. Spartak Moscow have a lot of social media followers because they post 'funny' material a lot of the time.
Yeah, the Napoli's admins are being known as a jokster. They like to prank their own players and other teams too. However, I think that their admins know Osimhen's personality. I don't know that what Napoli's admins think, racist or only make fun. We don't know about that.

Pintu

The TikTok admin is nuts… I just saw this one with Lozano:

IRELANDUNITED

He’s deleted every trace of Napoli off his Instagram account. That boy wants out of there in a hurry

Dannn411

I would rather United go for Ferguson next season.
Don't have a snowball's chance in hell at Ferguson. However, I'm no longer that enamoured with Osimhen either. I want someone who can play in all situations and my new flavour of the month is Boniface at Leverkusen.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Osimhen didn't take the penalty tonight. :lol:

Napoli do tend to switch up their takers because they usually miss it.

James35

He could be £20m and we couldn’t afford him so irrelevant linking him to us. Think he will be the striker that Chelsea so desperately need and they can afford him. Hope not though, really would prefer him to go to another league instead.

Gordon S

I don`t understand the we have Höjlund comments. Pretty sure we are allowed to have more than one striker in our squad.
Martial played well last night and scored but we all know he is made of glass.
What do we do when we play two games a week, Martial is injured and we have one striker in the squad that is young and learning and needs to be managed a bit? Play someone out of position and just hope it magically works..

Adamsk7

Scraping together a loan fee for Amrabat and people think we can afford this guy!

zaafi

I don`t understand the we have Höjlund comments. Pretty sure we are allowed to have more than one striker in our squad.
Martial played well last night and scored but we all know he is made of glass.
What do we do when we play two games a week, Martial is injured and we have one striker in the squad that is young and learning and needs to be managed a bit? Play someone out of position and just hope it magically works..
Osimhen is only 24, that's the problem. If we had gotten a striker like Kane, it would be more ideal because Højlund would take over in a few years when Kane started to decline.

We can't have two young top class strikers and have both of them happy (assuming Højlund turns out to be a great striker)

RoyH1

The TikTok admin is nuts… I just saw this one with Lozano:

If that's legit something they posted...then that social media administrator should be fired into the sun. But it's also a sign of a much bigger problem with the corporate culture at the club if no one there realized that this kind of thing doesn't make anyone laugh in 2023 anymore.