Victor Osimhen - £74m Napoli Signing

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
If that's legit something they posted...then that social media administrator should be fired into the sun. But it's also a sign of a much bigger problem with the corporate culture at the club if no one there realized that this kind of thing doesn't make anyone laugh in 2023 anymore.
You sure about that? It's got 25k likes... Never forget average IQ and TikTok

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If that's legit something they posted...then that social media administrator should be fired into the sun. But it's also a sign of a much bigger problem with the corporate culture at the club if no one there realized that this kind of thing doesn't make anyone laugh in 2023 anymore.
I don't think you're familiar with TikTok. This is exactly what they find funny on that site.

Plastic Evra

Self-mocking type of videos on clubs social media have been pretty popular for a while. Zenit have already been mentioned, here's an example from Roma, San Marino does it on twitter to an extent, smaller clubs also do it. There's a small dutch club who's closing on the top clubs in terms of followers due to only doing humour posts, poking fun at Man City among others. So I wouldn't think there's hacking or rogue admins involved. Just a mishap from a failed attempt at going for self-deprecating humour. Like when someone at a party that kills the room with a bad joke type of thing.
Exclusive footage of the SSC Napoli social media admin today :

Matt851

Not only is it a bit of an overreaction, it's pathetic.

It was dumb and not even funny by the Napoli TikTok admin (who even uses that shit except kids?) but surely he's aware that it's not his Napoli team mates or his coach, staff or owners that did that, it's one of their social media employees. Reacting like this is just way over the top.
Has the club even apologised?

The stupid video mocking the penalty miss is one thing but that tiktok video just seems racist

And that has to be put in context of all the pther racist abuse he gets from opposition fans

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
His own club called him a coconut.

I think he’s justified in being a bit miffed.

dan1509

Trying to connect racism to that video is a massive stretch.

Osimhen's reaction is over the top. It was not his teammates, coaches or the club owners who posted the video. Its clear he is using this as an excuse to force a move

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
How is connecting racism to a video calling him a coconut a stretch?
Because it doesn't typically have racial connotations, on tiktok the amount of stupid insane videos on there are insane, you will see the same video's of people as lemons, oranges and many other filters and I am sure if you looked you would find the same videos of Osimhen as other foods, I don't think it's racial at all it's just bloody stupid.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Because it doesn't typically have racial connotations, on tiktok the amount of stupid insane videos on there are insane, you will see the same video's of people as lemons, oranges and many other filters and I am sure if you looked you would find the same videos of Osimhen as other foods, I don't think it's racial at all it's just bloody stupid.
Coconut is an offensive term - it relates to being 'dark on the outside but white on the inside'. At the very least, you would hope that someone on their social media would have typed 'Is calling a black person a coconut offensive?' into Google!

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I laughed.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Admin has basically fecked Napoli over. Idiotic.

That being said, my Napoli supporting friend told me he has been getting too big for his boots recently - trying to dictate the tactics to Rudi Garcia infront of everyone when complaining about coming off. The video of him ignoring his team mates coming into training doesn't paint a particularly rosy picture of the environment there. I imagine he will be out of there pronto.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not really. Nobody would ever decide to leave a club because of something the social media tit posted.
No, but it's given unnecessary leverage. With his contract expiring next summer, he's more likely to take a hard line whatever his decision now.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
This is the kind of stuff that would appeal to a 12 year old. 'Bizarre' is the only world that really comes to mind.

Also, am I missing something or is the coconut thing just blatantly racist?
Not sure it would even appeal to a 12 year old. My 14 year old just said, “that’s ridiculous and possibly racist”

Might appeal to a 5 year old

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

The 'sorry if you were offended' non apology.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What a shit apology. written by the same social media manager who released the tiktoks?

Lay

There’s no reason to apologise.

3KDré

Because you thought it was funny in of itself or because it was so idiotically ridiculous to post what they did? Not to mention racist.
I haven't seen all of this, what was posted that was racist?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Italy innit.

Lay

Because they caused offense by doing something clearly offensive and bordering on racist. Why would you not?
Osimhen is complaining about the penalty TikTok, not the coconut one. There’s nothing to apologise for that one as they make fun of other players on the account. Mario Rui is constantly made fun of for various reasons for example.

astracrazy

Osimhen is complaining about the penalty TikTok, not the coconut one. There’s nothing to apologise for that one as they make fun of other players on the account. Mario Rui is constantly made fun of for various reasons for example.
Have you got reference to this? That he is only complaining about the penalty one?

Ah that's ok then, as long as they do it to others as well.

Lay

Have you got reference to this? That he is only complaining about the penalty one?

Ah that's ok then, as long as they do it to others as well.
Its been widely reported its the penalty one (BBC, Guardian, Italian media etc). It was the latest one posted, a day before his agent came out threatening to sue the club. If its the coconut one, then yes sure, Napoli should apologise.

Napoli aren't the only club on tiktok that make meme's about their players. Raspadori gets made fun of, Kvaratkshkalia gets made fun of, Ositgard, Juan Jesus etc. Other clubs do the same with their players too, its shitposting on TikTok. None of those players have given a shit about it because, guess what, none of those players are trying to leave the club as much as Osimhen wants to.

astracrazy

Its been widely reported its the penalty one (BBC, Guardian, Italian media etc). It was the latest one posted, a day before his agent came out threatening to sue the club. If its the coconut one, then yes sure, Napoli should apologise.
His agent could be referring to both I guess as they both mocked him. Regardless, they should apologise for the coconut one anyway in my opinion.

Lay

His agent could be referring to both I guess as they both mocked him. Regardless, they should apologise for the coconut one anyway in my opinion.
But he isn't.

"We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor," Calenda wrote on X.

"What happened today on Napoli's official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable.

"A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted. A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news."

There was only one video posted that day and it was the penalty miss.