Victor Osimhen

El Presidente

But we can take him on loan with an option to buy, while sending Ronaldo in the opposite direction. Then Osimhen becomes an instant starter and very likely significantly improves our team
Loan option :lol::lol: De Laurentis will probably shoot whoever tries to suggest that.

GioF

Scored 14 league goals in a cone league last year, so no.
He also was out for two months when he was injured. Napoli didn’t look the same without him. He will frustrate at times but he’s got the ability and athleticism to be a real hit here.

Remember the geese

More technically proficient yeah, though not by much. Better player, i don't think so. Lautaro lacks elite physical traits and isn't some genius technician on the ball. His best quality arguably is his doggedness, but Osimhen is a terrier too
Thanks for this. You would also rate Osimhen over Abraham? They look quite similar players stylistically.

Ghostrider318

Napoli want 120mn+ for Oshimen and theres no way we are gonna pay this season or next season. Also dont think Napoli can cover all of ronnies wages without selling or us covering a part and we would be absolute mugs if we pay for ronaldo to play elsewhere.

GlasgowCeltic

More technically proficient yeah, though not by much. Better player, i don't think so. Lautaro lacks elite physical traits and isn't some genius technician on the ball. His best quality arguably is his doggedness, but Osimhen is a terrier too
I like this take, always found it curious how Martinez is seen as some kinda Suarez regen

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
14 league goals in 1983 minutes. Ronaldo got an extra 4 goals with around 24% more playing time. And three of those were penalties.

Comparing them directly in Serie A, only one of the three seasons Ronaldo spent with Juve saw him return at a better non-penalty goals per minute rate than either of Osimhen's two seasons at Napoli. Ronaldo's goalscoring there was boosted by over 7 penalty goals per season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ronaldo is another year older and looks WAY off.

Look at his Southampton cameo, he's starting to look his age. Missing pre season was the stupidest thing he could have done

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He is a bit of headless chicken at times, like Kulusevski, so he would find a better fit in the PL anyway, like Kulusevski.

hobbers

Ronaldo is another year older and looks WAY off.

Look at his Southampton cameo, he's starting to look his age. Missing pre season was the stupidest thing he could have done
Yeh to be fair there's no chance Ronaldo hits the same numbers as last season. Just there's a only small chance Osimhem will come from Serie A to the Prem and score more goals.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeh to be fair there's no chance Ronaldo hits the same numbers as last season. Just there's a only small chance Osimhem will come from Serie A to the Prem and score more goals.
I think sometimes individual numbers aren't so important anyway, you need to look at what they bring to the team in total.

Martial doesn't score as many as Cristiano but holds the ball and presses better. Osimhen would give us an aerial threat and Rashford like pace over the top but with proper striker movement.

The issue for me is the fee. Napoli always seem to want insane fee's which never actually materialise then settle for way less once their contracts run down.

I think only Cavani out of Hamsik/Koulibaly/insigne did they manage to get a big deal for.

zaafi

Around a week ago, I had only seen a few posters suggesting Osimhen. Now that's been linked to us and our very own Caf-Scouts have gotten the chance to thoroughly investigate him on YouTube and read an article going into detail how he would be a perfect fit for United, he's suddenly the solution. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he's done nothing to show he would be good enough for us. He's got potential for sure, but people viewing him as a top striker is more about the general lack of good, young strikers these days.

In the league he has never scored a goal against Inter, Juventus, Roma or AC Milan, which is a bit of a concern when it comes to showing up in the big games. Last time he played in Champions League was for Lille in 19/20 season, and did nothing of note except a goal against Chelsea. He has a rare combination of traits, which is probably why people consider him an elite talent. Even seen some posters suggesting Osimhen is equally as talented as Antony, which is just not true. You might like him, but purely football talent it's not even close.

If he was half the price Napoli are demanding, I would be interested to see him play here. Spending €120m on a striker that isn't even that good would see us stuck with him for a looong time, and that would be horrendous if he didn't live up to the hype.

Beaucoup

I would take Osimhen over Martial and a 37 year old Ronaldo any day

bosskeano

He'd be a very good addition but not at the money being asked by Napoli and unless you can work something out that includes Ronaldo, i don't see this deal getting done this late in the window

jamesjimmybyrondean

Not happening. Would be too expensive even with a loan and obligation. Also Napoli would want us to pay part of Ronaldo's salary which is just a ridiculous request

Bobski

He really doesn't pass the eye test in the comps I have watched, looks a bit clumsy with an erratic touch and control of the ball. In his last 2 full season he has only averaged 9 then 12 passes in a game so you aren't getting much in the build up based on that. Huge threat in the air, but if Utd develop into a team who dominate the ball against deep lying defenders then outside of his aerial ability I am not seeing a lot of high level stuff there.

Need to watch a few full matches of him and get a proper feel for his play.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yes, he's looked really special in serie A, he's a big deal for sure. Rare combination of size, strenght, pace, acceleration, engine and football IQ. Think poor man's Haaland
Ok. I trust you... so I'll try and widen my horizons and ignore the YouTube compilations, which don't look at all £100m+ worthy.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Around a week ago, I had only seen a few posters suggesting Osimhen. Now that's been linked to us and our very own Caf-Scouts have gotten the chance to thoroughly investigate him on YouTube and read an article going into detail how he would be a perfect fit for United, he's suddenly the solution. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he's done nothing to show he would be good enough for us. He's got potential for sure, but people viewing him as a top striker is more about the general lack of good, young strikers these days.
Ehh I don't know about that. Don't necessarily disagree with your overall conclusion, but I've definitely seen his name thrown around here all summer, by many posters. From the start he's been one of the preferred striker signings on the Caf (admittedly in a summer when there aren't a lot of quality strikers on the market).

devil99

I would take Welbeck if possible. His hold up play this year has been really impressive so far

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
a 1 in 2 record that was disrupted by injury. He's a good striker, not world class but he's good. Willing runner with a great leap. He's better than what we have

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ok. I trust you... so I'll try and widen my horizons and ignore the YouTube compilations, which don't look at all £100m+ worthy.
He's not £100m+ worthy. Of course not. Neither is Antony, but that's the market

hobbers

a 1 in 2 record that was disrupted by injury. He's a good striker, not world class but he's good. Willing runner with a great leap. He's better than what we have
Thats what they said about Lukaku.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Wait until the season is over and there will be a minimum of 5 new potential top strikers on the market, just like every year. Why would some people ever want Osimhen for that money. Anthony I can understand but not this fella.

And De Laurentiis is smoking crack as usual.

NewYorkRed

He is so overrated on here, just like a ton of other players. The lad that just went to West Ham was highly rated here too and looks proper bang average.

NewYorkRed

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Swap deal with Ronaldo, with Ronaldo joining permanently for free at Napoli, and an obligation buy at the end of it for Osimhen.

United pay 70-80m Euros next year (the Ronaldo going for free having weighting) and picking up all of Osimhens wage this year.

Something like that would work. Not seen enough of Osimhen but he looks strong, powerful and a real presence but shame Sesko went to Leipzig.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Scamacca is correct. He may come good (doesn’t look like it) but he certainly doesnt like a quarter of the player people make him out to be. Osimhen I’ve seen quite a bit and he is not very good. He’s a decent player, that’s it.
You're writing him off already after just 1 start in the league?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Assuming we have to sign an actual long term CF either this summer or next, which options do the posters who don't like Osimhen actually rate more?