Victor Osimhen

TheRedHearted

IF we could have him for 3 years and get Osimhen at 26/27 that would be his peak age but like I say he won't wait that long for a move
This would be ideal for sure, but he won’t have to wait considering he would have no choice in the matter. Who else would pay 150 million? Chelsea? Could they? Napoli is setting the price so high to keep him for one more season I imagine, like in poker when you raise so big on the flop with top pair to get rid of the flush chasers.
not so sure about that as he made the move to germany at such a young age to help wiht his development knowing he would play week in and week out which he wouldn't have gotten in the prem. Madrid will go after both haaland and bellingham this summer and they could easily land both as money won't be an issue for them. Liverpool have a lot of players getting past their prime years so splashing on Bellingham is a big risk.
As someone else said Haaland moving so soon, who knows. Could be actually.
It would be a risk for them
That would be the ideal scenario but very unlikely to happen. He’s going to move this summer or the next and if he goes to an another top club and performs it will be pretty much impossible to get him out of there.
Who can pay 150 million? Where are the actual options for him at that price or even a little less

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Who can pay 150 million? Where are the actual options for him at that price or even a little less
Real Madrid (Benzema still has not renewed), maybe Chelsea (if Boehly can keep finding ways around FFP), maybe Bayern (would be a lot for them to spend on a single player, but not totally unthinkable and they need a 9), maybe PSG (although he may not want to go there and this would likely only be a possibility if Neymar or Messi left).

United is in the mix too. But given their various potential issues surrounding FFP, I don't think United is necessarily more likely to spend this kind of money on a single player this summer than these other clubs.

croadyman

Real Madrid (Benzema still has not renewed), maybe Chelsea (if Boehly can keep finding ways around FFP), maybe Bayern (would be a lot for them to spend on a single player, but not totally unthinkable and they need a 9), maybe PSG (although he may not want to go there and this would likely only be a possibility if Neymar or Messi left).

United is in the mix too. But given their various potential issues surrounding FFP, I don't think United is necessarily more likely to spend this kind of money on a single player this summer than these other clubs.
Yeah Chelsea are the real danger for him,need to be utilising Ighalo as he has a really good relationship with him

AneRu

Quite honestly would take keeping Sabitzer (cover Casa or partner),maybe bring in Tielemans to rotate with Eriksen IF we can get Osimhen or Kane
I could live with that trade off, lets not forget that Eriksen is back in April/May and, in our worst ever match, we created enough to be two up by the time Gapko scored so a more assured finisher would have changed the course of that match. I long for Kane here but does he still have the physicality to be the striker we need, his record notwithstanding, in the tough matches?

Osimhen lacks the finesse around the box in terms of playing others in so they could be issues with how we keep the ball up the pitch or how he and Rashford will relate but he is a monster and will guarantee goals for us whilst also, along with Rashford, instill fear in defenses due to the pace they would have as a duo.

Sabitzer, Eriksen and Fred could be enough over a season. However the worry is that we don't have anyone that can effectively replace Casemiro so we need another player there. After all is said and done I think Ten Hag would sooner go for a midfield schemer before he signs an expensive striker. Barcelona are going to be needing a lot of money soon and he will insist we go for FDJ. FDJ and Osimhen will be difficult to pull off in one window but there are what we need.

honirelandboy

Does anyone know how much we can spend next summer with the new owners and be compliant with the FFP regulations? Definitely need a striker and new centre midfielder and I'd be pretty happy. If we got rid of Maguire and Bailey a new centre half as well.

Bojan Djordjic

Whenever I see clips of him he seems gangly and awkward and not very technical
He is (although he's very technical in the area a striker needs to be, shooting, getting difficult shots off) but that doesn't prevent him from being a great striker - just not as aesthetically pleasing as more inferior strikers like Kolo Muani.

davidmichael

He’s been linked with PSG a fair bit recently hasn’t he ? Makes sense too as Mbappe wants to play on the left, Messi is out of contract in a few months and they apparently want rid of Neymar.

Even if Messi did stay PSG still need a heavy pressing centre forward with lots of strength and stamina so it’s easy to see Osimhen being that player and there’s arguably no one better suited for them than him, I’d rather he go to PSG than a rival in the PL too.

reddevilz007

I could live with that trade off, lets not forget that Eriksen is back in April/May and, in our worst ever match, we created enough to be two up by the time Gapko scored so a more assured finisher would have changed the course of that match. I long for Kane here but does he still have the physicality to be the striker we need, his record notwithstanding, in the tough matches?

Osimhen lacks the finesse around the box in terms of playing others in so they could be issues with how we keep the ball up the pitch or how he and Rashford will relate but he is a monster and will guarantee goals for us whilst also, along with Rashford, instill fear in defenses due to the pace they would have as a duo.

Sabitzer, Eriksen and Fred could be enough over a season. However the worry is that we don't have anyone that can effectively replace Casemiro so we need another player there. After all is said and done I think Ten Hag would sooner go for a midfield schemer before he signs an expensive striker. Barcelona are going to be needing a lot of money soon and he will insist we go for FDJ. FDJ and Osimhen will be difficult to pull off in one window but there are what we need.
If we sell McTominay, VDB and Elanga, I’d sign Sabitzer and get Lavia. And Kamada on the free.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He’s been linked with PSG a fair bit recently hasn’t he ? Makes sense too as Mbappe wants to play on the left, Messi is out of contract in a few months and they apparently want rid of Neymar.

Even if Messi did stay PSG still need a heavy pressing centre forward with lots of strength and stamina so it’s easy to see Osimhen being that player and there’s arguably no one better suited for them than him, I’d rather he go to PSG than a rival in the PL too.
He wants to play in the prem

Raoul

Admin
Staff
At a similar age, Kane was a nobody
At Kane's age Rooney was pretty much finished. Kluivert was fiinished even younger at 28. It obviously doesn't matter since young players playing well isn't in any way informative of their longevity at the highest levels.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
At Kane's age Rooney was pretty much finished. Kluivert was fiinished even younger at 28. It obviously doesn't matter since young players playing well isn't in any way informative of their longevity at the highest levels.
But wouldn't we rather prefer a young player presently at very high levels, and can develop even further under ETH to seemingly world class levels? That was my point. And also just blanket statements saying that " X is below Y" without taking all factors into consideration really get my goat.
Kane is one of the best PL strikers of all time but may not be necessarily what we need when we are rebuilding.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
But wouldn't we rather prefer a young player presently at very high levels, and can develop even further under ETH to seemingly world class levels? That was my point. And also just blanket statements saying that " X is below Y" without taking all factors into consideration really get my goat.
Kane is one of the best PL strikers of all time but may not be necessarily what we need when we are rebuilding.
Ultimately, ETH has to make a call on who to buy. If he gets Osimhen then great. If he gets Kane then great. I trust the manager.

Bondi77

Sorry it gets your goat but I did not realise I had to explain every factor to you but let me put it this way:
I think the last thing we need next season is to splash another massive amount of cash on a young player that is doing well in another league and have to wait another unidentifiable time for him to adapt to a new culture and pace of the game and blah,blah,blah.
We have a young strike force that we can be fairly confident will improve next season and to bring an exceedingly good striker that is Premier league proven should compliment that nicely and while age is not on Harry's side I would say to get 3 yrs out of him tapering off a little bit he will still be a very good buy.

shahzy

Kane is too old and has no upside when selling.
You can buy a few of these types of profiles but we already have a few like casemiro and Varane. We need to be buying young to fill the team with people who can play at their current or even better levels for the next 5 years. Not just 1-2 seasons

next_number_seven

Kane is too old and has no upside when selling.
You can buy a few of these types of profiles but we already have a few like casemiro and Varane. We need to be buying young to fill the team with people who can play at their current or even better levels for the next 5 years. Not just 1-2 seasons
I've a feeling he'll buy someone less expected. Neither Kane or Osimhen.

I'm unsure on Osimhen. He looks awkward to me.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We won’t sign Kane in my opinion

Steve 007

Just looking at the stats on sky.
Bruno 3rd most chances created in the league only a few behind De Bryune.
Erickson 3rd most assists again a few behind De Bruyne.
City goals scored 67, us 41. I think the biggest difference being that they have a proper goal scorer at centre forward. If we actually want to compete we need a striker.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Just looking at the stats on sky.
Bruno 3rd most chances created in the league only a few behind De Bryune.
Erickson 3rd most assists again a few behind De Bruyne.
City goals scored 67, us 41. I think the biggest difference being that they have a proper goal scorer at centre forward. If we actually want to compete we need a striker.
67-41 = 26.
Haland so far has scored 28.

next_number_seven

Could live with a Ramos/Kolo-Muani IF by some miracle Rapha and Casa can persuade Benzema
I think ETH is flexible and likes players who can play in different positions.

He might buy someone who can also play wide and then have them interchange with Rashford.

I'm unsure on Osimhen. Napoli are very dominant this year and Serie A isn't the highest standard anyway.

I guess that's where scouts earn their money, they watch lots of games.

Even in his highlight videos I find him not too impressive. He's brilliant physically but doesn't look silky, maybe it doesn't matter.
Drogba was similar and I liked him a lot.

croadyman

I still want Kane as no.1, so long as Napoli keep being Napoli and hold him on for a while longer and keep developing him.
Much like Haaland and Bellingham earlier in their careers this is our one chance to get him

croadyman

I think ETH is flexible and likes players who can play in different positions.

He might buy someone who can also play wide and then have them interchange with Rashford.

I'm unsure on Osimhen. Napoli are very dominant this year and Serie A isn't the highest standard anyway.

I guess that's where scouts earn their money, they watch lots of games.

Even in his highlight videos I find him not too impressive. He's brilliant physically but doesn't look silky, maybe it doesn't matter.
Drogba was similar and I liked him a lot.
Doesn’t matter about the silk if he has that raw power and bullying that Drogba possessed particularly in those big games at Chelsea

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Drogba was a different level with his back to goal.

Osimhen seems more about making runs in behind with some physical ability to hold players off.

jamesjimmybyrondean

No chance. Especially if they don’t get top 4. I heard ighalo has told him if he moves to the prem then join us.
Top clubs tend to get top players without champions league. I don't think Osimehen has any preference and would take any of the big clubs in the Premier league. Why I think Chelsea will get him is because they will lay the ridiculous price Napoli sets

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Top clubs tend to get top players without champions league. I don't think Osimehen has any preference and would take any of the big clubs in the Premier league. Why I think Chelsea will get him is because they will lay the ridiculous price Napoli sets
Surely if he’s ambitious though he only has to look at the state of that club to know that it would be the wrong move.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Saw one of those ultra specific youtube compilations displaying his love of shooting from tight angles and I'm now convinced he would drive me mad if he played for us.

edcunited1878

I have my question marks on how he jives with Marcus. Marcus is obviously transitioned into a tip of the spear, end of movement player getting into positions to finish off moves and score. Whoever is closest to a Wayne Rooney type player is the one to go for and look at the attacking line take another step forward. Just that Kane and Benzema have their age issues and other things as well (Kane has Levy and Benzema is much more short term than Kane). Cavani was underrated with his ability to get on the ball and quickly spread play and make runs into/towards the box.

The CF has to be able to do a little bit of everything and somethings at a very good to high level live scoring, getting others involved when necessary, and be another viable threat next to Marcus. Work rate would be important too. I see Osimhen in the vain of Haaland and not so sure that's a good fit for United with Marcus.