Victor Wanyama

RedorDead21

This is the player we should be looking at. Bossing the midfield battle again today after a long spell our of the game. Brilliant at Celtic. More than held his own against barcelona for them. Half the price of Carvalho no doubt.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Really? Given the ball away numerous times. Was actually just about to look for a thread on him and say how he has regressed since he was with Celtic, specifically that awesome performance against Barcelona a couple of years ago. Looks like the poorest player in this Southampton line up. Cork on the other hand has looked fantastic.

Nozzy

This is the player we should be looking at. Bossing the midfield battle again today after a long spell our of the game. Brilliant at Celtic. More than held his own against barcelona for them. Half the price of Carvalho no doubt.
Or both? One would be good back up for the other though I'm surprised he wasn't a major trf target from Prem clubs last summer.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Pretty sure we were in for him but he opted for 1st team football which looked unliekly for him at United.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wanyama is just so 2013. Don't want. Hasn't really set the PL on fire. I don't think he will even make Southampton's team of the year to be fair.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Really? Given the ball away numerous times. Was actually just about to look for a thread on him and say how he has regressed since he was with Celtic, specifically that awesome performance against Barcelona a couple of years ago. Looks like the poorest player in this Southampton line up. Cork on the other hand has looked fantastic.
I think he's done pretty well so far today, although I agree that Cork's been better.
I wouldn't want him in all honesty. He's somewhat injury prone and, more importantly, hasn't shown the quality needed to play at a club our level imo. At least not in games I've watched.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Why the feck is this thread in United forum? The topics on which threads are being created anywhere nowadays is madness. Bring back the megathread concept :)

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I think he's played well actually, a big reason why Everton haven't had much of the midfield so far. The way he comfortably dispossessed Barkley was not something you see a lot of holding mids able to do

alastair

ignorant
When we played Southampton at The Emirates he was like Pacman, eating through our midfield. Once he'd got through, however, he hadn't the ability to do anything with it.

Sad Chris

I think he's played well actually, a big reason why Everton haven't had much of the midfield so far.
I think the biggest reason Everton haven't had much of anything so far, is that they aren't applying for United jobs anymore. No Moyes, no chance of playing for United. End of story.

Robbie Boy

I was a keen advocate of his whilst he was at Celtic; but I have been massively disappointed with him, to say the least.

Revan

Assumptionman
Wrong forum and no. A very limited player that will be an even bigger failure than Fellaini here.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I think the biggest reason Everton haven't had much of anything so far, is that they aren't applying for United jobs anymore. No Moyes, no chance of playing for United. End of story.
They look pretty ragged, showing lack of depth. Barkley doesn't seem 100% either. Can't really play Roberto's style of football if you are midfield is nonexistent - even Barry has been pretty poor

m1y2

he was absolutely superb today, better than schneiderlin... looking very sharp at the start of the new season. Last season was his debut season and struggled with injuries so I assume that is why he was not able to make a considerable mark.. but great performance at anfield today, won almost every tackle and so many balls for his team, great physical play from him. Looks exactly sort of player we need to pair Herrera.. He would certainly add more balance to our midfield. And yeah he just turned 23.

Bwuk

I always thought he was great at Celtic, but don't know if he's good enough on the ball to play for a side like us.

FromTheBench

he was absolutely superb today, better than schneiderlin... looking very sharp at the start of the new season. Last season was his debut season and struggled with injuries so I assume that is why he was not able to make a considerable mark.. but great performance at anfield today, won almost every tackle and so many balls for his team, great physical play from him. Looks exactly sort of player we need to pair Herrera.. He would certainly add more balance to our midfield. And yeah he just turned 23.
I think he is bit slightly too limited for our system. We need someone with some of his attributes who is a better passer ideally.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thought he was very good but disagree he was better than Schneiderlin. Schneiderlin does the defensive side of things just as well as Wanyama but offers miles more on the ball and going forward.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Glad to see he's put past his struggles in 2012/2013 and improved on his early limitations. Could be a big factor in their attempt for another top half finish.

m1y2

I think he is bit slightly too limited for our system. We need someone with some of his attributes who is a better passer ideally.
He looked comfortable on the ball, better than last year and was very calm and composed unlike last year. But it is only one match into season so hard to judge but I would take him over anyone of Fletcher/Carrick/Fellaini any day after his today performance today. We would made a great improvement defensively/in our defensive play. He would provide a lot space to Herrera on the ball which is what matters. Fletcher is not bad on the ball but is too slow and herrera has to do a lot of running..

m1y2

Thought he was very good but disagree he was better than Schneiderlin. Schneiderlin does the defensive side of things just as well as Wanyama but offers miles more on the ball and going forward.
not sure if I am not getting carried away too much just because of the fact that his first season was quite disappointing but he certainly played great today and for me looked the better of the too, was very lively and won so many tackles and covered a lot of space for defenders. Schneiderlin looked more quiet but both did great together.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He can't do much but defend and tackle. He's very good against big teams when he needs to man mark a player out of the game (nullified Coutinho for almost all of the game) but besides that he offers very, very little. I also thought Schneiderlin had a better game.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
not sure if I am not getting carried away too much just because of the fact that his first season was quite disappointing but he certainly played great today and for me looked the better of the too, was very lively and won so many tackles and covered a lot of space for defenders. Schneiderlin looked more quiet but both did great together.
Well as I say they both played well.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Is this the obligatory midfielder thread after our team perform poorly and another midtable team who despite losing impress, and suddenly we should go for them?

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I don't think he is that good and it was still only 1 game, he needs to show more, I also thought Schneiderlin was better today and he showed much more than one good game so far, if we buy another player from Southampton, then him, but they don't seem to sell anyone more. No new rumours for Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, who wanted to leave.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
If Fletcher for whatever reason doesn't find his form again well then Wanyama would be the ideal replacement for him. We badly need a lad in midfield that's prepared to stick in and break up the play of the opposition teams that's been walking through our midfield lately. There's more in his locker than just being handy at doing that too, he's well able to pass the ball around and keep things moving. It's an awful pity we didn't snap him up from Celtic that time.

Ekeke

Slightly more technical Cheick Tiote. It'd be hard for him to have as bad a season as he did last year, but Cork plays better than him in the same role

m1y2

If Fletcher for whatever reason doesn't find his form again well then Wanyama would be the ideal replacement for him. We badly need a lad in midfield that's prepared to stick in and break up the play of the opposition teams that's been walking through our midfield lately. There's more in his locker than just being handy at doing that too, he's well able to pass the ball around and keep things moving. It's an awful pity we didn't snap him up from Celtic that time.
yeah I don't want to overate him after one match but I think a lot of people start to underrate him because of his first tough premier league season when he didn't look confortable but today looked very good with ball, can drag the ball forward and his passing was decent.. the reason I rate him is because he is great defensively while our defence is shaky at times and is energic and physical. Fletcher and carrick dont posses none of these attributes, their reading of the game which is sometimes overrated can't compensate their lack of energy and physical presence. We were always to be overrun in midfield. Herrera is good passer can see openings and the fact hes got big victor behind him could help him to more concentrate on driving forward. We need that type of signing rather than another box to box but there are not many names up in the mix so yeah it might look like a desperate shout after disappointing business in transfer window for a few years now... But I think he will have a great season.