Victor Wanyama

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Do you guys rate him? He's 25 years old, has a few PL seasons under his belt and seems to be doing an overall decent job so far for Spurs.

I think he's a good destroyer for teams between top 4 and top 8 but doesn't offer enough to really contribute to winning titles and the CL.

Robertd0803

Perhaps we should have gone for him instead of Schneiderlin.

Hes pretty good at what he does. Always feel players like this get better with experience (more so in this position than others).

Shark

@NotShark
He's not our level. Signing players to do a decent job isn't what United should be doing, we need players who are mentally strong and talented enough even at squad player level.

The BlackGaijin

He is the captain of my national team. I am very biased. I think he should replace Carrick. Mourinho bought his elder brother at inter and he was pretty good, until Benitez messed him up.

drdoityourself

Would probably be frustrating to watch at United. His passing isn't good enough.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Seems a decent, strong midfielder whenever I watch him play, but tbh, not entirely my preference.

There's only one midfielder I'd like here, and that's Verratti :drool: (pipe dream I guess).

Failing that, I'd prefer a "DM" in the same mould as Carrick/Kroos/Busquets who can play and pass a bit to ignite attacks and keep us moving forward.

I've not seen enough of Weigl to know if he's in that mould and I've not been watching enough footy to recognize and other up and coming players either.

m1y2

decent player for a top4 challenging team, not for a premier league or champions winning team, maybe as a backup..

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Was the best player on the pitch vs Chelsea imo. Has been a fantastic signing for us and is a much better player than I thought when we signed him. A beast. He is the type of DM that tackles, wins the ball back 9 times out of 10 and plays it simply - at that he is superb.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Always been an admirer of him. For those saying he lacks on the ball skills, his performances v Barca were superb and therefore I think he does have it in him to be a destroyer at CL level. At a club like United, he'd be a really good squad option and in the current side, a starter. He's definitely a better player than Schneiderlin.

AR87

He's not a multi-faceted player, but he's excellent at what he does. If he's not required to contribute heavily in an attacking sense he's a quality player and one I believe could be in the XI for a title winning team.

twitter thread suggester
I thought he was a bit rubbish against Chelsea until the goal. His touch was very poor.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone who saw him at Celtic knows how good he is
Not everyone..

However, Shiels now believes that Lennon should become a knight of the realm after persuading Southampton to part with £12.5 million for midfielder Victor Wanyama, claiming that Celtic are better off without the Kenyan – in every way.

“Any time we played Celtic I would tell our lads not to worry about him being on the ball because he doesn’t keep it very well,” he said.

“To my mind, Neil Lennon 
deserves a knighthood for 
getting someone to pay £12.5m for him. We found that, when you gave him space, he just didn’t have the natural instincts to know what to do with the ball.

“We would press players like Joe Ledley and Charlie Mulgrew but we just dropped off Wanyama and, most of the time, we got the ball back from him.

“Celtic have made a big
 financial gain from his transfer but I don’t think that they’ve been weakened in a footballing sense.”

Devil81

He's a big destroyer, but I don't think he'd get a game at a proper top European club.

prath92

I don't think wanyama is better than Schneiderlin, at least based on their Southampton form. Pochettino first tried to buy Schneiderlin at Spurs and only because he wasn't allowed to leave that didn't happen.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
am i at all right in thinking that he used to be more of a defensive player than he presently is at tottenham? i seem to recall him being almost a sweeper in front of the centre backs back in the day, wheres whenever i see him play for spurs he's much further up on the pitch.

Bwuk

Wanyama is class I've been saying it for a while. At Celtic you could tell him and Van Dijk were top players.

It's the same Dembele the now.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
I don't think wanyama is better than Schneiderlin, at least based on their Southampton form. Pochettino first tried to buy Schneiderlin at Spurs and only because he wasn't allowed to leave that didn't happen.
Did he? Or did Somebody start a rumour to drive up Schneiderlins price and wages.

I don't think Spurs ever had the slightest interest in Schneiderlin as he's never been what we needed for that money.

cyberman

Did he? Or did Somebody start a rumour to drive up Schneiderlins price and wages.

I don't think Spurs ever had the slightest interest in Schneiderlin as he's never been what we needed for that money.
Drive what up? He wasn't sold that summer

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
2014 wasn't it? There was talk of Morgan going on strike then he had that fantastic final season at Southampton
2014 we were interested but I don't think we were tge dummer he left Saints, Poch had already transferred his interest to Wanyama who we tried for in the Summer of 2015.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is the captain of my national team. I am very biased. I think he should replace Carrick. Mourinho bought his elder brother at inter and he was pretty good, until Benitez messed him up.
McDonald Mariga?

prath92

Talking about when poch first joined Spurs. 2014 when Southampton were being raided by Liverpool. Poch wanted to take him to Spurs but he wasn't allowed to leave.

Summer 2015 he was linked to United and Arsenal. So it wasn't quite possible for Spurs to jump into that mix.

The BlackGaijin

Yes, he is main strength is his defensive ability.However, he has improved so much in all other areas. I would replace Fellaini with him in a heart beat.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've been a fan of his since his Celtic days, too, and wanted us to sign him from them. Now, I'm not as bothered even though I still like him and think he's done well at both Soton and Spurs. If we did sign him I'd have no complaints, however.