Gaming Video/PC Games games with good soundtracks

Minkaro

Mass Effect
The original Pokemon soundtracks (Red/Blue) are etched on my brain.
Last of Us
I’ve only played FFXV, but I listened to every single FF soundtrack last year, and they’re amazing. Uematsu was my most listened to artist of last year by miles.
Related to FF, Kingdom Hearts
Abzu
Karmaflow (it’s a heavy metal musical game, with original tracks)

I’ve never played League of Legends, but there’s an in universe band where the singer is voiced by Jorn Lande, so that too.

then for games that use existing songs, the GTA series, Mafia 3, and Brutal Legend.

Chairman Steve

Westwood‘s games usually had good original soundtracks... particularly the OST for C&C Tiberian Sun which nailed the bleak post-apocalyptic atmosphere of that game.

Valve make some great underrated soundtracks for their games.

Capcom knock out some good soundtracks too, as did Lucasarts when they were around and mostly survive on through Double Fine and the recently deceased Telltale.

Maxii

Paad
Many already mentioned

Ori and the Blind Forest
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Final Fantasy 8
Celeste
Super Meat Boy
Chrono Trigger
Undertale
Hollow Knight
Witcher 3

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Started playing this again today coincidentally and it's one of the most brilliant ones.

Good game, and really cool soundtrack. Darren Korb does the soundtracks for all the Supergiant games IIRC, though this soundtrack is his best IMO.

I never did finish Hyper Light Drifter, despite enjoying it, but the soundtrack by Disasterpeace is really great. Mostly sparse, haunting synth drones, and the occasional bit of piano.

Deery

Dreary
Nothing like thinking you’re all gangster in GTA- San Andreas then “I love a rainy night” comes on the radio.

RDR2- the final score (return for the money)is up there with the best songs I’ve ever heard in a video game.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Forgot to add Minecraft and AC2 had some pretty cool soundtracks.

Good picks in this thread I can see, I never really played FF and their is a lot of mentions in this thread so I will have to have a listen and see what the fuss is about.

Pokemon has always amazed me in the sense of the soundtrack for the games have never got boring and the levels hasn't dropped per game. What is your favourite theme out of the video games? Mine would be this one from the original trilogy Yellow/Blue/Green... It could of been many others but this tops the pile for me

this is always my favourite Pokemon tune

Moby

Dick
Darren Korb does the soundtracks for all the Supergiant games IIRC, though this soundtrack is his best IMO.
Yep. I liked the Hades soundtrack in terms of complementing the theme well, but by itself the Transistor OST is something I have loved listening without playing the game over the years. It's class.

Siorac

Yep. I liked the Hades soundtrack in terms of complementing the theme well, but by itself the Transistor OST is something I have loved listening without playing the game over the years. It's class.
And the game's pretty fecking good, too.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Shout-out to Rockstar for the moment in RDR when Far Away by Jose Gonzalez comes on as you pass into Mexico. I'd been sat up in the dead of night engrossed in the game, with a pair of Sennheisers adding to the immersion, and when that happened it was just the perfect marriage of audio, visual and atmosphere. I don't think I've ever felt anything quite like it in gaming before or since.

Cypriot

Metal Gear Solid 2 - theme has been stuck in my head forever
Pokemon obviously
The Witcher 3 - especially Skellige
Horizon Zero Dawn - surprised this hasnt been mentioned much, beautiful music

Raw

Ratchet & Clank (PS2 trilogy) also has a banging OST. Annoyingly they decided to go with generic and forgettable orchestral music in the later games.

Superunknown

You maniacs. I'm not seeing any/many mentions of the SUPERB soundtrack by 65daysofstatic for No Man's Sky.

The drop at 3:12 is fecking glorious. I get so pumped at that bit. The whole album is superb.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Destiny 2.

Whether you like the game or not, the music team always absolutely smash it.

and then there's this little beauty

Superunknown

It is immense. Stands strong as it's own album without the context of the game too.
Yesssss! Glad we have another believer in here. I was afraid that I was the only one. The last song on the album "Outlier/EOTWS_Variation1" is perfect, too. We need more post-rock/math-rock soundtracks in games.