Vidic Return?

SirSteve4

Vidic as DoF would be great - can’t imagine that fat slob Raiola throwing chairs with Vida in the room...

Web of Bissaka

Its all well and good hiring ex-United players. But I strongly believe hiring people with no affiliation to United will also help to give a different perspective - which is always important when making decisions. So I can understand trying to set up some sort of committee, but I think it also now needs an individual with no past experience with United.
Well put.

Any neutral ex-footballers and may not be ex-United players out there with good football brain available who we may recruit to the club?
Surely a lot of intelligent retired footballers available. Time to do some digging.

:smirk: Henrik Larsson? he seems free atm.

Makelele? Thuram? Desailly? :devil:
Snap Cech who is soon to retire?
Blanc if he's interested in higher role, not manager?

EDIT: "Snap" there is like steal/capture, like in snap chat where you snap/caught up to someone for chatting.... Just notice it sounds so weird and can easily be misunderstood, not the 'harming' definition. :nervous:

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

I'm fine bringing in ex important players who understand the club but They must NOT be good mates with pundits.
The last thing We need is politics/agendas among ex-players.

I consider Vidic&Rio still neutral. So I'm fine with this one if it's true.
Yes. Vidic and Rio always give neutral interviews, often positive or maybe better to describe it as safe. Rarely they make controversial statements or even trying to push some kind of narratives. They basically watched their mouth and doesn't take too much on the criticising side, which is important especially if you're working with the higher ups, with all the pr images and reputations thing around.

Both of them also have good professional behaviors and understand football alright, I'm sure they can learn and adapt quickly.

Vidic's work being ambassador so far is impressive, compare to the other ambassadors, he really did watched his mouth. There is that interview that tried to squeeze controversial words from Vidic and he did not falter. Basically club can easily trust him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Hopefully it's as u23s manager since he did his coaching badges on the same course as Nicky Butt
I'd be very keen to see this. Like Joyce used to, he could hopefully convey a level of application, discipline and tactical awareness to the kids as they transition from academy football to the men's game. Plus he's not Sbragia.

Any thoughts on Nicky Butt's future given the allegations of domestic abuse? Could Rio or Fletcher be coming in as his deputy or replacement perhaps?

tomaldinho1

Vidic as DoF would be great - can’t imagine that fat slob Raiola throwing chairs with Vida in the room...
Underrated comment - Woodward is probably sick of agents and must have taken a lot of heat for the Sanchez deal. He's basically hiring a scapegoat.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I want Evra on board. I have no idea what for. I don't know what he'd be good at. Guy's a bit of a loony these days. His business acumen might be totally non existent. I don't really care. Evra. Sitting in the stands next to Fergie and Hucknall.

Get Evra, because Evra.

Evra.

jb8521

I'd be very keen to see this. Like Joyce used to, he could hopefully convey a level of application, discipline and tactical awareness to the kids as they transition from academy football to the men's game. Plus he's not Sbragia.

Any thoughts on Nicky Butt's future given the allegations of domestic abuse? Could Rio or Fletcher be coming in as his deputy or replacement perhaps?
Wouldn't think anything major will happen with Butt from what I've heard

captain666

Would be pleased to see a 'transfer committee' of Rio,Vidic,Fletcher but we need an 'outsider' in there too,Mitchell!

Nicklas

Interesting if true, he didn't strike me as someone who wanted to become a coach. What's he been up to lately?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Woody on the phone to Anderson as we speak.
Both Woodward and Ole keep on talking about players who are hungry......so that makes sense. Anderson would be the Perfect Mr Miyagi to Luke Shaw.

Get in a DOF
Exactly. Who knows if Vidic is a good coach? Certainly not Woodward.

Get a Director of Football in and hand all these footballing decisions to them. Until that happens and Ed relinquishes control i have little hope for the future of the club.

Foxbatt

I am sure he will be a good one. He was the one who organises the defence too. I hope that he will be able to help out first team in the coaching the defenders. Not too many better defenders during his peak. He was also our Captain and hence knows what it is to play for this club.

sp_107

It looks like Quinton Fortune got this U-23 Job means Vidic might have to wait for a different role. I guess Vidic will be a good manager than Quinton.