Villarreal - Manchester United | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeron21

Really looking forward for this, not quite champions league but still a European final , can’t wait to get a few tins in and hopefully see us lift a trophy under ole !! If we pass it quick and stay alert we’ll win this comfortably !

Infra-red

Big, one-off games against significantly weaker sides, always make me slightly nervous. We'll be heavily fancied and the overwhelming expectation will be a comfortable United win.

Need to hold our nerve and do the business!

Robbie Boy

Delighted it's Villarreal and not Arsenal. Although Arsenal are utterly terrible, we seem to struggle against them for whatever reason.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Emery is basically the final boss of the Europa League.

Still, not much nerves going into it mainly because the thought of Arsenal doing us and them back-dooring their way into the CL is gone now. Hoping for...

Henderson

Bissaka
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

Pogba
Fred
Bruno

Rashford
Cavani
Greenwood

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This has to go down as the biggest mismatch in a European final ever. I can see you winning by 7.

Red Royal

Still, not much nerves going into it mainly because the thought of Arsenal doing us and them back-dooring their way into the CL is gone now. Hoping for...

Henderson

Bissaka
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

Pogba
Fred
Bruno

Rashford
Cavani
Greenwood
Think De Gea will start

Gasolin

This has to go down as the biggest mismatch in a European final ever. I can see you winning by 7.
That is never happening unless Emery is having a mare. But he will defend well.

PeteManic

Got to play Pogba wide left and Rashford on the right for the final.

Bertie Wooster

Delighted to be in a European final, and very pleased that it's against Villarreal and not Arsenal.

I'd especially hate to lose to another English club but, more than that, I just feel we're more likely to put in a better performance against a foreign team than in an all-England final.

I don't think there's much between Arsenal and Villarreal, as the two matches show, and that we're better than both - but I think an all-England final would be more like a derby match where the form / gap goes out the window and it becomes a cagey affair. Hopefully, against Villarreal, we'll be able to play like we have against Sociedad, Granada, Roma, etc and our class will tell.

The only downside to it being Villarreal is that Unai Emery is a good coach and knows how to win this competition and so I'm expecting a clever tactical approach from them that we'll have to overcome. But we should have the extra quality to do so.

copen1945

United's rightful place is the CL final. United had beaten City, PSG, and Chelsea. Next year should be interesting and fruitful.

city-puma

This Villarreal is superb in defense setup. I can see they will play as the others tried on us, high pressing from the start and run the channel from either side to look for a cross, then hope catch us at far post.

Heinzesight

Seeing Ole with a trophy in his hands would be awesome...confident but it’ll be close.

Be nice to be wearing our home kit in a European final.

Red Star One

There’s no way there will be any live audience? I’ll be fully vaccinated by then and I’d love a trip to Gdańsk, oh I’d pay well for a ticket

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I genuinely think that this Villarreal side might be the biggest underdogs ever in any European final in living memory.

copen1945

Hopefully, before the final, another protest might be organized. It will drive home the resolve of the United fans with the world watching. The necessary changes aren't just about the transfers this summer. They are about the fans being fanatics not customers.

RedDevilRoshi

On paper, we should be winning this game extremely comfortably but it’s a final and anything can happen in a one-off game.

Will be amazing to see Ole have a trophy in his hands.

Eddy_JukeZ

If we somehow blow this final, :nervous:

We need to win this. A statement win would do wonders.

BaillyBaillyBailly

Henderson

Bissaka
Lindelof
Maguire
Shaw

Pogba
Fred
Bruno

Rashford
Cavani
Greenwood
De Gea will start. Pogba will start LW

always_hoping

There’s no way there will be any live audience? I’ll be fully vaccinated by then and I’d love a trip to Gdańsk, oh I’d pay well for a ticket
9,500 allowed to attend. Both finalists receiving 2,000 tickets each and 2,000 tickets to be offered to the general public.

The remaining tickets will be allocated to the local organising committee, UEFA and national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters.

United deemed the away side on the night and not sure if it was mentioned already but May 26th is Matt Busbys birthday.

Amarsdd

given our history vs Villareal, it's bound to be 0-0 in the 90 minutes.

Fingeredmouse

I doubt it's been mentioned yet as it's quite an obscure fact but all previous fixtures between these teams have finished 0-0.

Neo_Mufc

Ole's first final with the club. He really needs a trophy. I think we all do tbh.

always_hoping

Emery has knocked us out of Europe twice, if I'm not wrong? Time for some revenge, Ole.
His only European meeting against United was as Valencia manager in season 2010/11. Lost 1-0 and 1-1 draw.

Emery when managing Sevilla knocked out Molde in the Europa league 3-1 on Agg in 2016.

Solskjær v Emery 2 wins each and a draw.

Tarrou

I genuinely think that this Villarreal side might be the biggest underdogs ever in any European final in living memory.
6th in La Liga they can't be that bad surely?

There was some random Ukranian team in the final a few years back

Status
Not open for further replies.