Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
    Supports
    MK Dons
    In a dysfunctional system. Those two fit more into this one than Bruno does.
    Bruno is twice the player Mctomminay and Martial are. You play your best players, especially with such a difference in quality.

I am.not against dropping Bruno, but at least drop him for Pogba or someone similar quality, and not play Mcfred and drop Bruno ffs.

fergosaurus

Ballsy move to drop Bruno right off the bat in such a vital game. I'm not sure if it's the right call but I like that he hasn't played it safe at least.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Carrick obviously knows his midfield so I'm curious to see how this lineup works. If I'm not mistaken we have not seen these 3 together?

Amar__

Supports
    MK Dons
    Bruno needs a rest. He is playing almost every game since last season for us and his national team. And he keeps running in all the games too. It wont be long before we see Fatigue having a long-term affect on his performance. We have Chelsea over the weekend and like 11 Games over 40 days, so it is important to keep everyone fresh. We are already without Pogba and if we lose Bruno too, then its bye-bye to salvage our season. I think the plan is bring him in the last 20-30 mins if we need him and I think he will make good impact then.

We dont have much options in the midfield now, McFred and VDB is not a bad option. May be Matic would be better for McTominnay but I think it is still decent.
    Yeah, I am not against dropping Bruno.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
    Bruno is twice the player Mctomminay and Martial are. You play your best players, especially with such a difference in quality.

I am.not against dropping Bruno, but at least drop him for Pogba or someone similar quality, and not play Mcfred and drop Bruno ffs.
    He's also piss poor right now.

Knux

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    Keeps McFred
    Keeps Maguire
    Drops our best player in Bruno for the biggest game of the season
    Starts Martial

Wow. You do you Mike.

This should be entertaining.
    This might be a wakeup call for Bruno. Because lets be honest he's not been good this season. And VdB had a great sub against Watford.

Maguire starting is a bit sad. But without Varane I guess big Mike dont have so much choice other than Maguire.

Fred is ok. Im tired of seeing McTom in the lineup. But again: all other choices are not very good or very old or injured. (Pogba, Matic)

wolvored

Hey you're not allowed to use sound logic and reasoning in here! Carrick out!

It wouldn't surprise me if Donny plays quite deep alongside McTominay with Fred between them and the defence. Fergie used to love a packed midfield away from home in Europe.
    Yes can see VDB being level with Fred as a DLP and McTom BTB

Amar__

Supports
    MK Dons
    He's also piss poor right now.
    Still twice the player those two are. Have you seen Scott's recent performances? Or any of his performances in last year or so? He is literally hiding on the pitch.

Heinzesight

Balanced team. Big balls to bench Bruno but warranted. Fairly solid lineup but just worry about Martial letting us down.

Judas

Open to offers

Bruno doesn't play in their positions, what don't you understand? It's not relevant. If Martial was being slotted into Bruno's position, your tears would make a lot more sense.

MyDevil

Hope Martial justify this start. Other than that, I pretty much ok with the selection.

USREDEVIL

McFred and Maguire starting is pretty gross. Bruno dropped? Probably not a good idea but i understand that his form has been not great so maybe give VDB a shot. I'm not expecting us to make many chances though as Bruno and Pogba are our main creators. Let's see but i'm expecting an absolute slog against the footballing vampire..

Edit: didnt even mention Martial. WTF?
    I would have put Sancho on the left and Greenwood on the right.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
    Ballsy team ! Wish Ole had this balls. If he had it, he would still be in the job.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
    Still twice the player those two are. Have you seen Scott's recent performances? Or any of his performances in last year or so? He is literally hiding on the pitch.
    It doesnt matter you need a cohesive and balanced unit. Bruno doesn't fit. McTominay will be better in a 4-3-3.

UTD_Since_1978

Good to see Amad in the match day squad, whether he will get any game time remains to be seen.

Water Melon

It’s the duos of McFred and Maguire-Lindelof that are more concerning.
    I believe these 4 will be mainly resposible for defending and cutting opposition's passing lines. Would have preferred Bailly over Maguire, if the former was a little less rush. Unfortunately, he is not. Harry on the pitch means playing 20-25 meters deeper.

OverratedOpinion

He has either been bright enough to see that playing a number 10 against a good technical side who press puts you at a disadvantage before the match even starts. Even one as good as Bruno.

Or he has curtailed to the fans cries for Van De Beek and will play him in Bruno's position.

Amar__

Supports
    MK Dons
    Bruno doesn't play in their positions, what don't you understand? It's not relevant. If Martial was being slotted into Bruno's position, your tears would make a lot more sense.
    I don't care about Bruno, I am actually glad he's dropped. But not with dropping him while you play the likes of Martial and Mctomminay who don't even show any fight. I don't want to keep repeating this.

I don't like Pogba as much as some people here but I would still start him in midfield two ahead of someone like Mctomminay, and I used to be Scott's fan!

Nick7

We don’t really have anyone to play instead of McFred or Maguire. Bailly could play but he’s needed for the weekend and is always at risk of injuring himself.

croadyman

Exactly. I'm fecking sick of the whinging on here. Ole's gone, and you've still got babies pissing themselves.
    Yeah I am interested to see this game, like you said in your post I have done more than enough moaning about Ole

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    McFred is fine, but only if it's McTominay deep and Fred left / van de Beek right.

I hope we don't play Donny as no10 ala Bruno. It won't work in this team. He's more effective around midfield.

Hoof the ball

This is pretty much how I think we'll progress with the ball.

1. Martial will drop deep and slightly inside to leave space for Telles on the left to overlap and to combine with him.
    2. Sancho on the right will do the oppose to Martial. He'll hold width and AWB will tuck in and stay conservative/deeper to not block VdBs channel.
    3. VdB will play more as a proper 10, or a 'free 8', more as a midfield three with McFred, rather than as a second striker as Ole played him. He'll probably have some freedom to hit the channel between Ronny and Sancho (esp. if Sancho stays wide).
    4. Think Fred will stay in DM, McTominay will be more advanced. Standard '8' position.
    5. Maguire will carry the ball past Fred at times if Fred is marked. McTominay playing a little higher will give him some space to run into.
    6. Ronaldo will do Ronaldo shit. Siuuuuuu!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    McFred inclusion is a joke but the better passing and ball retention of Donny might balance their shitness.

I do hope that the new manager will treat McTominay like the average squad player that he is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 307 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Villarreal win
  • Draw