Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager (Sack watch)

saivet

Have to say I'm astounded, I never thought I cared about Bayern but the absurdity of this appointment has me frustrated.

He may well become a good manager, he may even do well at Bayern but this just seems crazy.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
They appointed idiots on leadership positions. A right mess the last 2-3 years
What leads to this situation seems to be a deep philosophical rift between Rummenigge and Hoeneß who seem to aim for quite different styles and every executive signing is crushed between them.

iKnowNothing

Bayern definitely have an agreement in place for someone next season or 6 months down the road. No way they look at Burnley play and say, “yeah I’ll have some of that

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes expected to take Craig Bellamy with him :lol:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Harry Kane going to Bayern in search for titles only to win feck all in the first year and then get fecking Kompany as manager :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
So what if City next season have the treble won and then face Bayern in the champions league final and Kompany beats them?

C'est Moi Cantona

Bayern definitely have an agreement in place for someone next season or 6 months down the road. No way they look at Burnley play and say, “yeah I’ll have some of that
So Kompany is just an interim manager?

I think they'd say so if that was the case.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What an absolute throbber. Refused to concede his principles when all could see that Burnley had a chance of staying up if he did.

Then fecks off after getting them relegated.

Football is cutthroat but it’s a bit shit.

Stadjer

Frank Rijkaard was relegated from the Eredivisie with Sparta. That might have been worse than relegation with Burnley.

Rijkaard left Sparta after that season and was hired by Barcelona. Three years later he had won two league titles and a champions league.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Frank Rijkaard was relegated from the Eredivisie with Sparta. That might have been worse than relegation with Burnley.

Rijkaard left Sparta after that season and was hired by Barcelona. Three years later he had won two league titles and a champions league.
Oh well then I’m sold

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
Harry Kane going to Bayern in search for titles only to win feck all in the first year and then get fecking Kompany as manager :lol:
:lol: Not sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for him.

So Kompany is just an interim manager?

I think they'd say so if that was the case.
I imagine they think best case he does well and they keep him, worst case he's pretty poor and they sack him and get Alonso next year

Cloud7

This makes it quite likely that Alonso racks up another title next season and Kane goes without again :lol:

Jokes aside, this is up there with the strangest managerial appointments I’ve seen

Stadjer

Oh well then I’m sold
Kompany wants to play a certain style of football. Burnley players couldnt do that because they arent good enough. The Bayern players might be able to play the way Kompany wants. Some managers just dont suit certain quality of players.

I like the idea of hiring Kompany. Reward someone who wants to play football in a way that is fun for football fans instead of hiring a manager that might/maybe win but will play absolute dire football to accomplish that. (Conte and Mourinho dont speak German so they arent an option as highest chance to win with shit football-managers) Besides that, he isnt the first choice. I dont think that hiring Kompany is a worse option than to hire a German manager who did okay at a midtable German team.

Interesting to follow a bit of Bayern if they do hire Kompany. Obviously there is a risk but it could also work out with Bayern playing good football.

AndyMUFC

I actually thought they'd go for Poch but at least we should still have the option now if ETH does leave.

It's an interesting one anyway, Burnley being relegated doesn't mean anything for the job at Bayern as it's two completely opposite sides of the spectrum, but it will mean he'll have to work hard to win the players and fans over.

bucky

Either they don't know what to do with their stockpile of baldness-concealing baseball caps after Tuchel left, or they fancy their chances of a run at Alonso next summer and want a patsy they can bin off with no fanfare.
This whole process screams that they want somebody to easily sack next year, so they can go after Alonso again.

peridigm

Someone needs to think about Harry Kane going another season trophy-less.

AdNani

well i think that puts to bed the 'Bayern are a well run club' that's an absolute shambles of an appointment

AdNani

What an absolute throbber. Refused to concede his principles when all could see that Burnley had a chance of staying up if he did.

Then fecks off after getting them relegated.

Football is cutthroat but it’s a bit shit.
no manager in the world would turn down Bayern fecking Munich for Burnley come on :lol:

Oranges038

Did not see this coming.

Can't see it ending well, but it's a free hit for Bayern even if they are shit at worst they're going to finish at least 2nd.