Virgil Abloh passes away

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Such a shame, he has had an undeniable impact on fashion, culture & hip-hop over the last 15 years or so.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can’t imagine what’s gonna happen to Off-White Jordan values on dead stock sites

Sara125

I was so spun when I first saw the news. feck cancer forever and always. It’s crazy, him and Chadwick Boseman were known as the first major black figureheads in their respective fields, all the while they were battling a disease that no one would wish on their worst enemy and the public were none the wiser.

Last edited:

Castia

RIP

Just bought some off-white trainers on Friday as well :<

Castia

Never been lucky enough to win a off-white Nike collab but I’ve wanted the vulcanised trainers for ages. Selfridges we’re doing a 20% off black Friday deal so finally pulled the trigger and they look amazing.

Dan_F

Can’t imagine what’s gonna happen to Off-White Jordan values on dead stock sites
Have a look at the Jordan 1s on StockX. I can’t believe I had a pair of the OGs and sold them at release for £1k.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Never been lucky enough to win a off-white Nike collab but I’ve wanted the vulcanised trainers for ages. Selfridges we’re doing a 20% off black Friday deal so finally pulled the trigger and they look amazing.
Nice mate. I’ve got one eye on a pair of the “out of office” in orange.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Have a look at the Jordan 1s on StockX. I can’t believe I had a pair of the OGs and sold them at release for £1k.
I’ve got a pair of Chicagos, they’re pretty battered now as I’ve worn them to death which I know many will hate but feck it, no sense in not enjoying these things.

Dead stock values are insane.

marktan

I follow him on insta, don't know too much about him but his posts were always full of such life. Such a shame.

stu_1992

Very sad news. Arguably the most influential designer of this decade and a little bit beyond too. Obviously had very close ties with the music industry too, particularly but not exclusively the hip/hop community. Streetwear these days is sooo big, and this guy is such a huge factor in that. Not really a style I try copy myself as I feel it'd more a Gen-Z aesthetic, but I still can appreciate it all the same. Fair play to him to keep working through all that, and keep putting out collections for not just Louis Vuitton but also his own huge brand, Off-white.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
RIP. Off white is likely one of the freshest and unique things to happen in fashion in the last two decades. I usually laugh at people calling themselves visionaries but Virgil is a true one of one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
RIP. Off white is likely one of the freshest and unique things to happen in fashion in the last two decades. I usually laugh at people calling themselves visionaries but Virgil is a true one of one.
Forgive my ignorance but I don’t think I’ve heard of him before (I think I know the name off white but that’s it). What exactly was the unique thing about it? I’ve googled the trainers and they look pretty standard, genuinely curious.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Forgive my ignorance but I don’t think I’ve heard of him before (I think I know the name off white but that’s it). What exactly was the unique thing about it? I’ve googled the trainers and they look pretty standard, genuinely curious.
Its a minimalistic aesthetic that was never the tradition of sneakers or urban fashion. The colors are minimal, designs are sharp and the aesthetic is simple and completely original.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Its a minimalistic aesthetic that was never the tradition of sneakers or urban fashion. The colors are minimal, designs are sharp and the aesthetic is simple and completely original.
Ah ok thanks! Does actually sound like something I’d like but likely a bit past the age bracket now :lol:

Conor

Really not sure I'd call Off-White minimalist in it's design aesthetic haha.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Ah ok thanks! Does actually sound like something I’d like but likely a bit past the age bracket now :lol:
The minimalism widened the appeal of urban wear to a more diverse demographic as the colors aren't loud and people love the sharpness of the look. I've seen people in their 40s wear off white in most big cities.