g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
You're trying to tell me that a CB isn't as fast as one of the fastest players around?! :eek:
Next up, how Leroy Sane outpaced Vincent Kompany in training.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
More and more you can see strikers keeping away from him, that's a mark of a really good defender.
Yep. Rare to see anyone even bother to take him on these days. Thought it was funny seeing Troy Deeney talk about him:

“I’ve said it many times, I hate him. I hate going up against him. He’s too big, too strong, too quick, too good on the ball, loves fighting, a good head of hair.”

“One of those guys that sprays on his top as well, so it smells lovely! When he runs past you, it’s like ‘I can’t catch you, but…”

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yep. Rare to see anyone even bother to take him on these days. Thought it was funny seeing Troy Deeney talk about him:

“I’ve said it many times, I hate him. I hate going up against him. He’s too big, too strong, too quick, too good on the ball, loves fighting, a good head of hair.”

One of those guys that sprays on his top as well, so it smells lovely! When he runs past you, it’s like ‘I can’t catch you, but…”
:lol:

“One of those guys that sprays on his top as well, so it smells lovely! When he runs past you, it’s like ‘I can’t catch you, but…”
Reminds me of Rio and Vidic in their prime when strikers avoided going one v one with either of them. They'd either drop deeper or try and nip in between them and the full backs.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Reminds me of Rio and Vidic in their prime when strikers avoided going one v one with either of them. They'd either drop deeper or try and nip in between them and the full backs.
Except for Bellamy and Torres when Vidic was playing. :cool:

Ferdinand was annoyingly good 1-on-1 though.

Red Star One

He’s a monster. Always (well since his Soton days) rated him and I was quite sure he’ll be great for Liverpool, but I didn’t expect him to be this important to their game. Truly a contender for the defender of the season all around the globe.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Eh, last I heard he's probably joining De Jong at Barca. But I don't really get into the transfer muppetry. Trying to figure out which are baseless rumors and which are true is like a fulltime job.
I think it was on The Daily Express website so it was probably nothing more than just clickbait. TBH, a fully fit Joe Gomez alongside Van Dijk is a formidable partnership in its own right anyway, so I'd be more than happy to see those in the side for many years to come.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Amazing defender, possibly the best in the world at the moment. I hate him so much.
I think it’s more a case of “guilty by association”.

It would turn to love if he signed for your own or possibly some other club/s..

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Best signing that we have made in years. We had a decent attack before Salah, we had a decent (whilst not great) midfield before signing Fabinho but our defence has been our achilles heel since 2009. We've gone from having one of the worst defences in the league to the best and that's purely down to this guy. He makes Lovren look good by talking him through his game as well as concentrating on his own.

Josh 76

He is a good defender. But the protection he has helps him alot with 3 sitting midfielders.

Like to see how the Dutch fans rate him when he plays for Holland.

Fridge chutney

It's ok Liverpool, if you don't want him anymore we can structure a swap deal for experienced Argentinian interbational Rojo.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Obviously. Similarity to RAWK is uncanny in this thread.

Hilarious brainfart though.
He did what a defender is supposed to do with such a high ball without any speed. That was 100% on Alisson and his lack of anticipation.

Van Dijk didn't do anything wrong there.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He did what a defender is supposed to do with such a high ball without any speed. That was 100% on Alisson and his lack of anticipation.

Yeah fair enough, still, these things make both of them look silly.

Steven Seagull

Nah I don’t agree with that. Alisson can’t get too close to VVD and he can’t come and collect the ball. Van Dijk should’ve cleared it as far as he could if he couldn’t get enough on the header. Safety first

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No one mentioning Milner’s slice which created the whole situation?

Charles Miller

I think this guy is the best CB in the world, but people trying to blame the goalkeeper in this case is a serious fanboy move.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The entire thing was a clusterfeck, Milner slicing the ball back has been largely ignored. Both of them should have done better there, strange mistake from Allison, but I’ll take it given I’ve watched mignolet display a 101 ways not to goalkeep for 5 years.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

That's most definitely not what a defender is supposed to do in that situation.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
No Liverpool fans would ever have blamed Allison for that if it was Lovren or Matip who made that mistake. Favouritism at its finest. VVD got a bit complacent in that situation and didn't recognise the danger was big enough to just clear it. Looked very silly with his arms out as to signal everything was fine when it clearly wasn't.

Treble

Great defender, the best CB in the league right now but understandably a bit overratd by Liverpool fans and pundits. Think his biggest mistake this season is yet to come. He's playing too much and now will captain Holland while defenders of rivals in England and Europe will have a rest.

AJ10

Level of arrogance he's showing vs germany is shocking for such a good player, no wonder he's playing shit.

Robbie Boy

Level of arrogance he's showing vs germany is shocking for such a good player, no wonder he's playing shit.
Tbf, he’s turned into one of the most arrogant pricks in world football and he’s totally bought into his own hype.