g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Watford sack Xisco Munoz

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Oh and guess who his first game is against. I'm calling it now. We'll lost to them after the break.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ranieri back just in time to do Liverpool after the break. Hopefully Watford have the new manager bounce.

Oranges038

He won't be there this time next year. I doubt he'll even see out the season.

Cloud7

Embarrassing but not surprising from Watford, probably my most disliked club outside of our traditional rivals.

The way the owners run that club is absolutely farcical.

They are in as good a position as they could expect to be at this stage of the season as a newly promoted club.

I wouldn't necessarily wish relegation on anyone (like Jamie O'Hara did this morning on TalkSport) because that affects the innocent fans and staff as well, but I consider Watford to be a club where it wouldn't devastate me either.
You hate them because they cycle through managers a lot?

ChrisNelson

You hate them because they cycle through managers a lot?
Well you used the word hate, not me.

But yes I dislike them because of their business model, my personal opinion (as we're on a forum of personal opinions) is that it's the wrong way to run a football club.

The fact that they keep yo-yoing between the Premier League and Championship proves that what they're doing is wrong.

Because they are after stability otherwise they wouldn't keep making changes, and sacking Munoz after 7 games with them in 14th is quite frankly a joke decision.

They should look more in the direction of the squad which is nowhere near PL quality, they relied on Deeney for a decade and his only strength is scoring penalties.

I'm genuinely surprised there aren't more Watford fans actively calling for the owners to move on, celebrating promotion every other season isn't much good if you're getting relegated every season in between.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Well you used the word hate, not me.

But yes I dislike them because of their business model, my personal opinion (as we're on a forum of personal opinions) is that it's the wrong way to run a football club.

The fact that they keep yo-yoing between the Premier League and Championship proves that what they're doing is wrong.

Because they are after stability otherwise they wouldn't keep making changes, and sacking Munoz after 7 games with them in 14th is quite frankly a joke decision.

They should look more in the direction of the squad which is nowhere near PL quality, they relied on Deeney for a decade and his only strength is scoring penalties.

I'm genuinely surprised there aren't more Watford fans actively calling for the owners to move on, celebrating promotion every other season isn't much good if you're getting relegated every season in between.
Or maybe they're acting before it eventually becomes a crisis and therefore likely too late?

I wouldn't exactly say they have been yo yoing either (and even if they were it wouldn't exactly be a disaster for a club their size, there's bigger clubs then them struggling to escape league one) they had a solid 5 year PL spell and bounced back immediately when they eventually lost their place. Not to mention, their spell lasted as long as did due to how sharp they were with managers. Firstly they identified Jokanovic wouldn't have cut it at the top level (which his spell at Fulham proven correct) and then acted during signs of decline instead of waiting until it was too late.

There's more than one way to gain stability than having the same bum in the same seat for an indefinite period (ofcourse I'm not saying that can't work either but it's not the only way). Imagine Sunderland, Ipswich or Derby fans if they were offered Watfords "chaotic" last 6 or 7 years? They'd rip the person's hand off.

FatTails

Excellent thread.
Great thread.

Fans and pundits will never learn that if you wait for the results to make it clear that a sacking is needed, it’s usually too late for a relegation threatened club to turn the season around and survive. It’s as simple as that. This sense of anticipation and understanding leading indicators, plus the willingness to act accordingly and swiftly, has worked well for Watford.