Watford sack Xisco Munoz

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m going to say what we’re all thinking: he didn’t have the hair of a Premier League manager.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
36 games, he must be one if their longest serving managers in recent history. They make Chelsea look like a picture of serene stability.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Watford truly is Chelsea Lite.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Are they still owned by Pozzo family and now led by the son of the big, unfortunately passed away founder? No Mazzarri, Guidolin or Malesani in sight, then… a next gen wonderkid like Pirlo maybe?? :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Watford are a right bunch of weirdos aren't they? :lol:

In his year or so there he got them straight back up and not like they've even started that badly this season? Beat us well on the first day, won comfortably at Norwich and drew with Newcastle last week so getting the points off teams they need to stay up. When you look at their 11 aswell, Sarr aside, it's probably weaker than what they got relegated with in 19/20.

Ranieri until the end of the season by the looks of it.....

Oranges038

Hardly a surprise.

Finally a job for Eddie Howe. It's close enough to home for him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well they’re yo-yoing between the two leagues so they’re not doing too bad despite these managerial sackings. It’s clearly working for them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Palermo looking through copyright infringement laws right now

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well they’re yo-yoing between the two leagues so they’re not doing too bad despite these managerial sackings. It’s clearly working for them.
A few years ago they were reasonably established in prem and signing really good players for their level like Roberto Pererya and Delofeou.

Two years ago they messed up badly getting Quique Sanchez Flores back as terrible run under him basically relegated them that season so this is crucial appointment.

Ranieri didn't do much at Fulham in similar situation although they were firmly bottom 3 when he turned up there while I don't think Watford are bottom 3 bad, will do enough and get to about 40 points I think.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
A few years ago they were reasonably established in prem and signing really good players for their level like Roberto Pererya and Delofeou.

Two years ago they messed up badly getting Quique Sanchez Flores back as terrible run under him basically relegated them that season so this is crucial appointment.

Ranieri didn't do much at Fulham in similar situation although they were firmly bottom 3 when he turned up there while I don't think Watford are bottom 3 bad, will do enough and get to about 40 points I think.
I think they’re looking for a Hail Mary type of an appointment that will get them performing way above their ability, at least for a while, anyway.

Ixion

Imagine being a newly promoted side and throwing your toys out of the pram because you're in 14th place.

Infestissumam

oh Watford :lol: I mean, it really shouldn't come as a surprise anymore - every Watford manager is on borrowed time as soon as they sign their contract. But heck, that's crazy ... they are 14th, what the hell do they expect?!

DavidDeSchmikes

A statement read: “The board feels recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving.”

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wow. Often you think some of these sackings are daft but you can at least understand them. Watford have some really good forwards this year and have had a couple of good results already. Unless they've got Conte lined up to replace him this is utterly bizarre.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They are the counter to the 'look what Chelsea achieve by changing manager regularly'. Won't make a difference whatsoever, they will finish within the same points range.

meninred

They might think they may not qualify for champions league.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
They were absolutely shocking vs us yesterday, like really dire, but were still only one baffling refereeing decision away from a draw. I thought other than that they'd been doing quite well. Took a look at their forums though and they were absolutely despondent and to a man calling for his head.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think Watford's owner just rolls a pair of dice when he wakes up each day and if he gets double 6, he sacks the manager.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They were absolutely shocking vs us yesterday, like really dire, but were still only one baffling refereeing decision away from a draw. I thought other than that they'd been doing quite well. Took a look at their forums though and they were absolutely despondent and to a man calling for his head.
It's been going on for a while. There is a Llompart out thread from last year.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
oh Watford :lol: I mean, it really shouldn't come as a surprise anymore - every Watford manager is on borrowed time as soon as they sign their contract. But heck, that's crazy ... they are 14th, what the hell do they expect?!
Better football? Better coaching behind the scenes? Better results?

Or maybe someone became available who they want more?

These are all things a club is able to act on at any time they choose.