Wayne Rooney | 2007-10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS18

for your information. were debating weather he is world class. The term 'world class' is based entirely on opinion. Ive not slagged rooney bar say his first touch has gone amiss compared to what it used to be. thanks anyway great post
his first touch is a bit off because he's slightly lacking in form and confidence (something we know from past experience it only takes a goal to change) - there's no long-term cause for concern there at all. and while you may well be debating whether Rooney is world-class, there are those in here who seemingly would have you believe Wayne is barely fit to lace Dirk Kuyt's boots.

Mithun

Holds even more bizarre beliefs than Kemo
you pric*k you don't still get it do you. The rooneyloving continues only as MU are winning. If MU started losing games and rooney was culpable of missing chances - would you come on and praise rooney??

Joe Cole is showing rooney up bigtime - he has the skills, the passes and the goalthreat - this is what is expected from rooney! So i don't understand all this tactical bu*LL about him being out of position etc IF Cole can perform on a world-class level on the left-wing then so should rooney!

Mithun, Shut Up You Muppet!

Rooney is pure class. He is just desperate for a goal right now and its definitely affecting him mentally. Just about everything else he is doing is fine. He is working so damn hard for the team to create chances, track back and defend. Although things are not going his way at the moment, He Never Hides! Always willing to take a chance or try something special no matter the outcome.

I have no doubt he will be back among the goals again to make fools like you look stupid. Just have some faith you cretin.

Mithun

By your admission - you should really watch Portugal more before commenting on cr7 i.e qualifiers to wc2006, wc2006 and qualifiers to eu2008. Ronaldo was on fire! This on top of his awesome form in the EPL.

PS Your Kaka is 2 years older than cr7, he was not as good as cr7 at 22 nor has he led his country to a final at age of 18 (euro 2004). Even Ronaldinho at his peak was superior to Kaka - in all sense and that sums up Kaka.

not really, had a blinder at Euro 2004 but havent seen him since. damn its been 4years! shit time flys

Mithun

exactly and to the point. Do these clowns really think RvN, Van Persie, Adebayor, Drogba, Anelka, Tevez, Torres, Zlatan, Julio Cruz, Trez, Del Piero, Totti, Nihat, Makaay, Podolski, Klose etc etc would miss these chances that rooney typically misses????

He is not a good finisher - and often his shots are not even on target!
But it's all allright- as rooney runs around for the good of the team!!!!!

That's what LFC fans say to defend Kuyt!???

Rooney is judged on goals/ assists/ and providing attacking thrusts - everything else is secondary or immaterial.

Thats the excuse often given for Rooney's poor finishing and struggling to score.
If he wastes a chance 7 yards from goal, does it really matter whether he plays as a striker or a deep lying forward ? He should be putting simple chances away irrespective of what position he plays on the pitch.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Rooney is class.
Anyone who says anything different is wrong. There's no arguement.

Mithun

perhaps if you could offer some evidence of why he is 'class'???

Rooney is class.
Anyone who says anything different is wrong. There's no arguement.

Mithun

yes, and i've seen that he is a poor finisher who keeps missing alot of easy chances. He's a poorer finisher than Andy Cole - and the latter used to get grief!

Rooney is the worst forward in the last 10-15 years at MU and cost the most!!!! 10m more than RvN - that gives an indication of how over-rated he is!

Have you not watched Utd play for the last 3 years?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
yes, and i've seen that he is a poor finisher who keeps missing alot of easy chances. He's a poorer finisher than Andy Cole - and the latter used to get grief!

Rooney is the worst forward in the last 10-15 years at MU and cost the most!!!! 10m more than RvN - that gives an indication of how over-rated he is!
Please tell me you're a Scouser on a wind up :lol:
Worst striker in the last 15 years???

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Scottish red is probably a 12 yr old who thinks Kaka is a big match player after watching the United games against Milan and some youtube clips.

The myth about Kaka performing when it matters -

Off the 10 goals that Kaka scored last season in the CL, there were 4 penalties, there was a Lampardesque deflected goal off the defender Zetka when Milan beat Anderlecht 1-0 away and a hatrick against them at home.

He was in Hargreaves pocket against Bayern and did nothing against Liverpool as long as Mascherano was on the pitch. His only worthy contributions were against Celtic and a depleted United defence.

Of the 8 league goals that Kaka scored, 4 were from the penalty spot again and 3 goals were against relegated sides Ascoli and Messina. Milan managed just 7 wins in their 19 away games.

18 goals - 8 penalties, 8 goals against Anderlecht / Ascoli/ Messina/ Celtic. Big match player indeed :rolleyes:
Word.

redmanc

you pric*k you don't still get it do you. The rooneyloving continues only as MU are winning. If MU started losing games and rooney was culpable of missing chances - would you come on and praise rooney??

Joe Cole is showing rooney up bigtime - he has the skills, the passes and the goalthreat - this is what is expected from rooney! So i don't understand all this tactical bu*LL about him being out of position etc IF Cole can perform on a world-class level on the left-wing then so should rooney!
Reading shit like this is why i try and avoid the Manchested United forum.

exactly and to the point. Do these clowns really think RvN, Van Persie, Adebayor, Drogba, Anelka, Tevez, Torres, Zlatan, Julio Cruz, Trez, Del Piero, Totti, Nihat, Makaay, Podolski, Klose etc etc would miss these chances that rooney typically misses????

He is not a good finisher - and often his shots are not even on target!
But it's all allright- as rooney runs around for the good of the team!!!!!

That's what LFC fans say to defend Kuyt!???

Rooney is judged on goals/ assists/ and providing attacking thrusts - everything else is secondary or immaterial.
perhaps if you could offer some evidence of why he is 'class'???

I simply dont have the words to respond to such imbecility :houllier:

Drifter

American
r

Motson is a real wan*ker - he kept uplifting rooney even tho he messed up his attempt at a 360 spin. Then the shot matters not if it is offside. The stats showed 8-9 attempts on goal and 1 on target. Says it all.

Poor!
Agree. Motson and Lawro were embarrassing at times .Rooney showed a lot of energy and determination.But isn't he meant to be a striker.Even SAF wants him to concentrate more on scoring goals.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
You must be retarded. Seriously, you're mentally challenged. You're a very special boy.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
I've had enough of people, including United fans, questioning the boy's talent and class. Well, just to set the record straight, Wayne Rooney is a world class footballer, and the best England have had since Gazza.

That is all. Thank you.
Amen brother...

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back

Just as a matter of interest, which house in feckwitsville do you live in ?

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.

:lol: muppet.

Tibs

Rooney is withut doubt class, and when he's on his game, he is without doubt World Class.

However, he isn't on his game at the minute, and does need to sort it out. If that was Fletcher or Carrick in that sort of form you know you'd be losing the plot.

This season he has no doubt been important, but if you listed the first XI in order of importance, he would not make top 5.

Not in order: Ronaldo, Rio, Evra, Vidic, Tevez - all ahead of Wazza.

Its not a problem though, Rooney will come good as we all know.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

:lol:
This is a new low even for you.

Veron

Varun
I can understand why most of the posters from england would label him world class, after all he is almost a local boy and the crowd get to see him give 110% for the team every match, its would be criminal if they couldn't magnify every single good thing he did for the team,but in my eyes he's now far away from the world class category,only his reputation is keeping him there, 2-3 years ago he was an absolute genius,now he's just become average in my eyes.Forget his striking ability,its ok even to be a little sloppy sometimes,but some off his touches can be shockingly atrocious at times nowadays to be considered a world class player,not that he doesn't have the talent,but dare i say it i often feel he's lost his hunger and desire to create those moments of magic that made him the player he is.

GloryHunter07

I've had enough of people, including United fans, questioning the boy's talent and class. Well, just to set the record straight, Wayne Rooney is a world class footballer, and the best England have had since Gazza.

That is all. Thank you.
Well said. Needs to score more goals though, they will come.

Sam

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That has to be the biggest load of bullshit I have EVER read on Redcafe, and I assure you, there has been a lot written.

I really am beginning to pity you. You have major issues.

Mithun

exactly, rooney is failing in his role and dic*kheads frequent this forum as if all is well as rooney:

1/ runs around alot for the team hell the scouse defend Kuyt this way?!
2/ tackles now and then so that makes him great
3/ loses the ball - but its ok, cos he's a fighter
4/ drifts into different position - not because he's lost his discipline but he's versatile
5/ misses chance after chances- but that's because he's played out of position!
6/ His confidence is low - but all will be ok once he gets a 'goal'. If that was the case why does'nt he take the next pen?? Then again having seen his woeful pens perhaps not!

Rooney is the prime example of over-hype by fans/ pundits galore and only cost £27m. Not much pressure then!

Agree. Motson and Lawro were embarrassing at times .Rooney showed a lot of energy and determination.But isn't he meant to be a striker.Even SAF wants him to concentrate more on scoring goals.

VP

:lol: :lol: Oh dear...

And learn to quote properly.

Mithun

So which striker would you place rooney ahead out of our strikers on last 10-15 yrs???

Yorke
Mark Hughes
Eric Cantona
Ole Solksjaer
Andy Cole
Teddy Sheringham
RvN

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That has to be the biggest load of bullshit I have EVER read on Redcafe, and I assure you, there has been a lot written.

I really am beginning to pity you. You have major issues.

Sam

So which striker would you place rooney ahead out of our strikers on last 10-15 yrs???

Yorke
Mark Hughes
Eric Cantona
Ole Solksjaer
Andy Cole
Teddy Sheringham
RvN
Oh sorry, now I see, we've only had 7 strikers in the last 15 years. :lol:

And for the record, he's better than Yorke, Cole and Sheringham. You can't really compare him to RVN or Ole as they are totally different sort of strikers, it's like comparing a player like Kaka, to a player like Gattuso. It can't be done.

ih8cheatskiscum

Rooney is world class

But I do think him not playing where he should be playing (off the main striker ) is hampering his rightful passage to being one of the best in the world.

Good to see confirmation that he is considered by Capello as being the best English striker

PS. Mithun appears to be a full-on dildo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
exactly, rooney is failing in his role and dic*kheads frequent this forum as if all is well as rooney:

4/ drifts into different position - not because he's lost his discipline but he's versatile
6/ His confidence is low - but all will be ok once he gets a 'goal'. If that was the case why does'nt he take the next pen?? Then again having seen his woeful pens perhaps not!

Rooney is the prime example of over-hype by fans/ pundits galore and only cost £27m. Not much pressure then!
interesting

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back

But all the TV pundits and managers that say hes definitely one of the best players on the planet know less than you..

Fergie who has seen some of the greatest players United have had, knows feck all compared to you...

I think you should apply for the vacancy when Fergie retires... What with your infinite knowledge of what makes a player worthwhile buying...

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back

Yorke
Mark Hughes
Eric Cantona
Ole Solksjaer
Andy Cole
Teddy Sheringham
RvN
Yorke - Definitely yes...

Hughes - Close but I think Rooney would get the edge because hes more adaptable

Cantona - Very hard to call but week in week out Rooney is more influential and is so reliant on moments of brilliance.

Solskjaer - Not as prolific but far more valuable in terms of workrate and ability.

Cole - No brainer. You'd go for Rooney everytime

RVN - Ruud couldnt play alongside another striker. Rooney can. So Rooney is by far the better option...

So out of those 7 I would say Rooney would be a first choice over at least 5 of them.

Veron

Varun

Its ok to vent your frustrations if you think he's been disappointing,heck its even ok to critisize him for not matching what you think are united's standards,but to go on and on and on about him being useless is just plain retarded and a disgrace.

I'm not rooney's biggest fan and i can see your point but you've gone a litlle over the top and so has sam for starting this thread mainly because he felt rooney was under-rated and under-valued by posters when that clearly is not the case.

The only valuable point mithun brings is what happens when we start drawing or losing games because of the lack of genuine goal-scorers,will hargreaves and carrick be blamed?

Mithun

you really are low on intelligence that you cannot understand my post - in my post i listed all the best strikers of the last decade etc If rooney is worldclass and one of the best where does he compare to our best??

Why is rooney better than Cole or Sheringham or Yorke. These guys were brilliant team-players and finishers.

Sheringham is a PFA player of the season winner and scorer in FA cup/ UEFA cup finals.
Cole has consistently scored goals for MU in his carrer and scored decisive goals that won EPLs. He has the most goals from open play in EPL history more than Shearer.
Yorke was class for Villa and MU and was a ace finisher of all types of chances.

So what has rooney got on those legends of MU?? fuc*k all!

Oh sorry, now I see, we've only had 7 strikers in the last 15 years. :lol:

And for the record, he's better than Yorke, Cole and Sheringham. You can't really compare him to RVN or Ole as they are totally different sort of strikers, it's like comparing a player like Kaka, to a player like Gattuso. It can't be done.

kf

He is world class. He's also a bit short of form and trying a bit hard. What he needs is a goal and then he'll be back to his best.
This is an amazingly sensible post for someone with your tagline...

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
you really are low on intelligence that you cannot understand my post - in my post i listed all the best strikers of the last decade etc If rooney is worldclass and one of the best where does he compare to our best??

Why is rooney better than Cole or Sheringham or Yorke. These guys were brilliant team-players and finishers.

Sheringham is a PFA player of the season winner and scorer in FA cup/ UEFA cup finals.
Cole has consistently scored goals for MU in his carrer and scored decisive goals that won EPLs. He has the most goals from open play in EPL history more than Shearer.
Yorke was class for Villa and MU and was a ace finisher of all types of chances.

So what has rooney got on those legends of MU?? fuc*k all!

Mate, you're making yourself look a tit now..

Mithun

credit to your post.

as i've explained rooney was bought in at £27m to provide the attack, score goals etc. This is'nt happening. Rooney gets clear cut chances and never looks like converting. This is plain infuriating and the frustration builds up as there is no improvement. Look at ronaldo he was not a good finisher but now his shots and finishing have improved immensely.

MU need a goalscorer. So say if Berbatov came - rooney then would have a fight on his hand to retain his place vs Tevez - who for all intents and purposes looks suited for the withdrawn role. What is to then become of rooney especially if he goes on spells of bad form?

As to your last comment - i reserve judgement on Hargreaves yet, but carrick is a useful player who due to his good passing is expected to provide through balls or key passes. He does do that and i'm happy. Against Roma - he showed his excellent shooting skills - two great goals - and i would like him to try and get goals. Above all Carrick is a good team player who lets the better player's play thier game! He needs to improve his awareness of markers as sometimes he gets caught out or closed - unlike the master Scholes!

Its ok to vent your frustrations if you think he's been disappointing,heck its even ok to critisize him for not matching what you think are united's standards,but to go on and on and on about him being useless is just plain retarded and a disgrace.

I'm not rooney's biggest fan and i can see your point but you've gone a litlle over the top and so has sam for starting this thread mainly because he felt rooney was under-rated and under-valued by posters when that clearly is not the case.

The only valuable point mithun brings is what happens when we start drawing or losing games because of the lack of genuine goal-scorers,will hargreaves and carrick be blamed?

Status
Not open for further replies.