Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Given Rooneys bottle job when faced with competition for a first team place for the first time, Id say he will be a perfect fit at Arsenal.
I am not sure why you even bother posting on this thread. You have more posts on this thread than Wr8 now, which says a lot

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The Arsenal rumours are actually amazing Journalism, a team who don't believe in big money moves nor paying over £100k for wages would suddenly over 2 and a half times the amount for Wayne? Talk about a move in the wrong direction, he's just won the Premier league, and now they think his next move would be to a trophyless club for 8 years and are fighting for 4th spot on the last day. Ok tabloids, keep up the good work.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
The Arsenal rumours are actually amazing Journalism, a team who don't believe in big money moves nor paying over £100k for wages would suddenly over 2 and a half times the amount for Wayne? Talk about a move in the wrong direction, he's just won the Premier league, and now they think his next move would be to a trophyless club for 8 years and are fighting for 4th spot on the last day. Ok tabloids, keep up the good work.
Unfortunately if they have any intention of winning the title again any time soon they are going to need to start making big money/wage signings v

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Unfortunately if they have any intention of winning the title again any time soon they are going to need to start making big money/wage signings v
They made a sign of intent last season I felt, not that Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski were groundbreaking, but they were a step in the right direction. Signing Rooney would not be a step, it would be a 20 mile leap for them, the money involved is just too much at once. Signing players like Jovetic is a better way for them, but Rooney is completely a load of bollocks going there.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
They made a sign of intent last season I felt, not that Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski were groundbreaking, but they were a step in the right direction. Signing Rooney would not be a step, it would be a 20 mile leap for them, the money involved is just too much at once. Signing players like Jovetic is a better way for them, but Rooney is completely a load of bollocks going there.
Its a huge leap, it all depends on what the other top teams do imo, if Chelsea, Spurs city and us all strengthen in the summer they are going to need to make big strides just to keep up.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I was referring to the report today saying that "there's no way back at United". If he didn't want to play for Fergie's United, Moyes being in charge won't help change his mind.
Ah yeah - agreed.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
A early conclusion to the Rooney saga would be the best gift of the summer. As long as he gets us fees upwards of £35m we shouldn't be too bothered.

In 3 years Rooney has gone from one of my favorite players to someone I am indifferent about now. He has made huge contributions to United's cause in his time so far and has been one of our most important players. I don't think we would have been able to compete without Rooney in some years preceding this one. Though it is neither 2010 nor is Rooney indispensable anymore.

Kagawa and Welbeck are more than capable to playing in the hole behind the striker and doing a good job. Wise investment this summer can make us a even better team than last season. A good midfielder, a left winger better than Young and Lewandoski will more than fulfill the void left by Rooney.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That'd be cold not to give him a last run-out if he is indeed leaving.
Curious?

If he wants to leave then he hasn't got a case to play in the final game ahead of those who want to stay.

He can a final run out in Toys R Us

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Right, something like 200m still owed I think.

We are not bidding for Rooney anyway so I don't get why Arsenal is part of this thread.
I think the debt is due to be paid off in 2032 or something like that.

Like someone else mentioned, just before season ticket renewals big talk of big signings. Get the fans aboard and then don't spend big. Not getting my hopes up this time!

Shinjisan

Account closed by request

Like someone else mentioned, just before season ticket renewals big talk of big signings. Get the fans aboard and then don't spend big. Not getting my hopes up this time!
It is long term debt, structured to be paid of by 2031.

Your club has no short term debt and the cash reserve was around £125 the last time I read about it.

However, none of it means you are going to spend significantly in the transfer market. Interesting to note that you don't have any huge assets (in terms of players) besides Wilshere that you can offload this summer and keep the net transfer at a minimum.

Not getting the hopes up is a wise move.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
is that the stadium debt of 200M? ~20 years so payments of 10M a season seem a tad low given the amount of interest to be accrued?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Arsenal will spend big this summer I think. However obviously a win over Newcastle United is very important for that.

Still I can't see Wayne Rooney signing for you guys. He'd command more than double than your best paid player in Podolski. Factor that in with 25m transfer fees(minimum) and this makes it unlikely.

buckooo1978

be a real shame if he doesn't wise up, apologise and get back on form

its hard to think of a striker in Europe we could get to do what Rooney does

LARulz

Arsenal will spend big this summer I think. However obviously a win over Newcastle United is very important for that.

Still I can't see Wayne Rooney signing for you guys. He'd command more than double than your best paid player in Podolski. Factor that in with 25m transfer fees(minimum) and this makes it unlikely.
If we sell Rooney who is two years younger than RVP and has 2 years remaining for a similar price than what we paid for RVP then we are fecking idiots. Let alone the fact Rooney makes a shit load in merchandise sales

buckooo1978

agreed

if he is to go ship him to PSG

they paid 30 million or so for Lucas

I'd expect at least 35 for Rooney

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
That'd be cold not to give him a last run-out if he is indeed leaving.

Its the second time and if he wants to leave I would rather see someone who wants to play for the club given a chance.

binary bot
Will Moyes fight to keep Rooney here, or will he show himself not to be a pushover and show him the door? Curious to see how this one pans out.
You don't let a player as good as Rooney to go without a fight, he'll be very much hoping he stays but Rooney is the determining factor. It all comes down to Rooney really.

Status
Not open for further replies.