Wayne Rooney arrested for drink driving | Two-year driving ban

AndyJ1985

I've heard this a few times now from various people - "everyone has done it at some point"

No, not everyone has done it. Not everyone has got in a car after drinking. It takes a special kind of dick to try and trivialise something as serious as drink driving by making up bullshit about everyone having done it.

Art Vandelay

Ray Wilkins is an enabler. It's people like him that have helped cause the "I've got nothing to prove" attitude that's left Rooney a shadow of his former self before he even hit 30.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Wilkins was caught three times over the limit driving in the middle of the road, straddling bus lanes and hitting kerbs, all with an open bottle of vodka in his hands behind the wheel.
Yeah fair play Ray we've all been there

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ray's drunken antics make him sound like Eddie Hitler.

Fensa#08

Same old rooney, never learned from his mistakes.Drinking again, cheating again, apologies again ... Has he questioned himself what is he doing and where his life will go to if he continues like that.Such shame, ruined his career with the drinking and probably his life.So sad that he never realised his true potential.I am also sorry for Coleen and the kids as he has cheated her multiple times and doesnt tend to stop.

Respect for what he has done for us, but big disrepect for acting unprofessionaly and that transfer request.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm assuming it's not ideal for fitness? Empty calories and all.
Yeah I can't imagine it being ideal or reccomended - and pros must be monitored quite strictly. But I guess blowing off a bit of steam might have other psych benefits.

His late father had issues with drink I believe - I’d guess it was a reference to that.

I’ve been driving for 16 years and not once driven a car with even a drop of alcohol in my system - nice of Mr Wilkins to wish me good luck I suppose...
Aye. Weird response from Wilkins. Thanks for the info though. Wasn't aware of that.

freeurmind

weak willed
Don't know if this has been mentioned but Coleen apparently has been saying Wayne's bad behaviour is due to Wes Brown's bad influence, especially the gambling. Stange to hear that. Judging from his playing career, I wouldn't have thought Wes could influence anything.