Wayne Rooney: Manchester United All Time Top Goalscorer

m1y2

that's a great goal to beat the record, despite all the negativity towards him I have I am genuinely happy he surpassed Sir Bobby, after all who scores more goals deserves it better and rooney scored some great goals in his career...

Despite all that he shouldnt start and stay on the bench, even after subbing him on he looked like he played 60 minutes, he's still somewhat usable in deadball situations and less intense games when he can use hhis vision and has time to execute passes, these games are fewer and fewer though..

Nevertheless congrats for today's goal and a point to the table!

NinjaFletch

Best thing about it was his (lack of) celebration after scoring such a historic goal. Compare and contrast with Giroud's antics.
That was good to see.

I've been a little bit critical of him since he equalled the record and thought he'd been a little bit selfish in search of this goal, and forced the issue a bit too much. Thats probably only natural, but it was very nice to see him put the team ahead of himself when he got it.

Also its nice to see him get it with an important goal, and not squeak over the line with a toe poke in a hammering.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Best thing about it was his (lack of) celebration after scoring such a historic goal. Compare and contrast with Giroud's antics.
Absolutely. That's 10 bonus good points on him on my like/dislike him. Not that it matters to anyone though. :D

The White Pele

Just read a stat that he is now the highest away scorer in PL history too.

Is that right? Seems odd to me since he is still a long way off Shearer for total goals.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Is there a compilation of all 250 somewhere on the internet yet?

Dobbs

Pleased for him.

His crossing is the one quality part of his game that remains so the position of the freekick was perfect for him.

I wish we hadn't witnessed the last three years but if we can Iift another cup this year and get top four he'll hopefully realise that's a good moment to move on. Go out on a high Wayne.

Ixion

It's weird everyone is congratulating him now when he became the top goalscorer a few weeks ago

vivaronaldo

What a massive moment for Rooney.... deserves all the accolades he gets for breaking such a prestige record .... sir Bobby kept the seat warm for some time

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What a goal to break the record. Well done to the guy.

siw2007

Huge congratulations to Rooney. No England player has been scrutinised as much as Rooney whether rightly or wrongly. But you can't deny that becoming the all-time greatest goalscorer for the biggest club in England is a phenomenal achievement.

Just a shame that Alan Shearer's EPL record is just a bit too far away.

MoskvaRed

5 league titles, one Champions League, one FA Cup and (I think) 3 league cups, plus 250 goals. All while bearing the pressure of being England's great white hope. Well done Wayne. There are various threads at the moment about United greats - it all went downhill for him a few years earlier than we would have expected but surely he qualifies in that category.

Monte Clift

Should have started how anyone can think he's not better in midfield than Pog Fellaini Herrera is beyond me. Better passer finisher engine and vision. He needs to be back at no.10 or rest Pogba who is a headless chicken. I'm not impressed by him at all. Classy Rooney interview after saying upset dropped 3 points despite record.

GiddyUp

Wonderful goal, wonderful player, deserved record and seems like a nice guy. We can now depart on good terms with no unfinished business. I would be extremely proud of Rooney and his family if they allow a 50/60 mil bid from China to go through. With that salary free and at least half the Griezmann fee paid for it would be the icing on the cake for a club legend. The Rooney's could boost their worth by many zeros for eighteen months in Asia.

Trizy

Great goal and many congratulations. Hopefully he's no longer angry and confused. Been shit for many years now so hopefully now he can move on away from our club.

Be nice to get a few pounder for him off the Chinese.

Ban

Congrats to Wayne!

What a goal to brake the record!

A true United great whatever some say.

jem

The thing is, despite his limitations, he's one of the few in whom I have some confidence to at least get a shot on net.

CM

Great goal, deserving of breaking the record.

markhrad

Happy that he scored and especially as we needed the goal. There was no way on earth that he would/ could leave without breaking the record, so now we can realistically believe that this is his last year at the club.

RedElf

He's finally got over the line with this record, hopefully he'll bang the goals in instinctively without SBC's record on his mind.