Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

Pughnichi

like other things in football (McT remaining at Utd under multiple managers) it’s beyond me that anyone thinks Rooney is capable of being a good manager.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Can anyone think of a case when a failed-manager simply settles on becoming a coach instead? Not saying Rooney is a failed manager at this time, but just wondering whether he’ll end up thinking that being a “number 2” is better for him?

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Can anyone think of a case when a failed-manager simply settles on becoming a coach instead? Not saying Rooney is a failed manager at this time, but just wondering whether he’ll end up thinking that being a “number 2” is better for him?
I don't think his Ego could handle being number two !!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think he will last much longer now. What a terrible appointment it’s been

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Rooneys an awful manager. Funny that some of our fans touted him as a potential manager one day.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Unsurprising, appointment came at a ridiculous time and it wasn't going to end well.

John Eustace in?

James35

He lost 9 out of his 15 games, absolutely shocking and well deserving of the sack.

Luckily for us we have a manager who only lost 8 from 15.

Oranges038

They sacked a guy who was doing a good job
and the players seemed to like to bring him in.

It was never going to work.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I think he’ll have one more managerial shot in him, likely abroad again. If he fails, I hope he settles on simply being a coach.

dogwithabone

If they’ve got any sense they’ll swallow their pride and reappoint Eustace. What a farcical situation, not to mention costly in both promotion and monetary terms.

Santos J

If they’ve got any sense they’ll swallow their pride and reappoint Eustace. What a farcical situation, not to mention costly in both promotion and monetary terms.
If Eustace has any sense he should tell them to jog on.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Birmingham ruined their season hiring him. Not sure where his career goes to now. Maybe down into league 1/2

ChrisNelson

The results have been poor so far but I still think every manager deserves a transfer window to prove themselves.

Having said that, it was still a barmy decision to get rid of Eustace - it's the second time Birmingham have tried to bring in a big name (as the BBC website reminded me, when they replaced Rowett with Zola) and it didn't work then either.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The results have been poor so far but I still think every manager deserves a transfer window to prove themselves.
Why? When it is not his responsibility to scout and recruit new players, why should a transfer window matter to judge his performances?