Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

GueRed

was made scapegoat by rat fans post-fergie, disgusting.

yes he was past his prime but man is a legend and gave EVERYTHING for the shirt. and still contributed goals, asists etc

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I remember his goal for Everton against Arsenal like it was yesterday!

Players younger than me retiring sucks.

As for Rooney, he's an England and Man United legend. Get the statue up.

RUCK4444

He’s doing alright so far and Derby fans are really happy with him.
Yeah interestingly he’s galvanised their defence, and really brought the team together so he must be half decent with coaching and man management.

I think he could be a good man manager, he’s not a sharp fella but he knows football and talks straight, most players and people in the game like him and what he’s done in the game commands respect.

You never know.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Great player and glad we had him during those golden years.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Every time I see the highlights from his United debut in the CL where he scored a hattrick, you can't help but think him not being the standalone best player in the world at some point was an underachievement on his behalf. Still an incredible career.

RUCK4444

Gwan Wayne! I reckon he’s going to be half decent ya know.

He’s sorted their defence right out and I didn’t necessarily expect that being an attacking player himself. Hope he keeps it up.

patty123

Well takeover is looking ropey according to reports, staff haven't been paid their full wages from last month yet and are under a transfer embargo as a result which could also see them in shite with the EFL and points deduction mentioned, just ordered and bloody well delighted they have to pay Richard Keogh (backseat) a sweet 2 million for sacking him while keeping the drunk driver, so he's stuck with that squad and well they are really not that good, can see him gone by the summer, even if they are not relegated, which is a strong possibility.

All been said, not a very ideal way to start off your new career.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Unreal player, an inspiration for so many United and football fans across the world. I think he'll be a very good manager too, best of luck.

Sorry, but I feel this is a pretty disrespectful post about one of the most important players in Manchester United's history. It's also untrue - Rooney still was hugely important for us and put up very good numbers even in his later years at the club. In 2013/2014, he scored 19 goals and had 15 assists in 38 League/Champions League games. In van Gaal's 2 seasons, he was still very important for us as well, even when playing in midfield. And in his final season, he continued to come up with moments of brilliance, even if he wasn't still physically at the highest level.
To be fair, that’s not how we remembered. Ever since he reach near to his 30, especially his last 2 season with us, so often he has been a liability and I still remember everyone wants him out. And there he began his sharp decline. But prior to that, especially during Fergie era, he has been amazing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Every time I see the highlights from his United debut in the CL where he scored a hattrick, you can't help but think him not being the standalone best player in the world at some point was an underachievement on his behalf. Still an incredible career.
The fact he was playing at the same time as Messi and Ronaldo means expecting him to be THE best is perhaps a bit unfair, but I do think that not being #3 behind them was a bit of an underachievement.

hubbuh

What a night this was. Back when OT was still rocking on a CL night. The tenacity jumps out more than ever, of Rooney obviously but also the team. Unfortunately Facebook’s new links don’t embed

https://fb.watch/397S_jpEXR/
Incredible. Wonder if he managed to get the ball off the ref?! He tries to get it at the end but the ref goes 'No, it's for me'.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Last three games he's Lost 1-0 to Rotherham, 2-0 to Chorley, 1-0 Sheff Wednesday

Maybe the new manager bounce starts here though...
He wasn’t manager for the Chorley game; the whole squad and management team were in quarantine and the youth team and manager took the game. Not sure if they were impacted in the other two.

Ludens the Red

Care to elaborate?
So they’re meant to be taken over by the Man City owners cousins but this was meant to happen two months ago. There’s now talk that it might be a sham and the guys actually taking over aren’t so rich and don’t have links to the city owners. They aren’t even allowed to do transfers at the minute because they’re not paying the players. You’d assume they’d want it done ASAP to strengthen the squad before deadline.

Giggs' right foot

So they’re meant to be taken over by the Man City owners cousins but this was meant to happen two months ago. There’s now talk that it might be a sham and the guys actually taking over aren’t so rich and don’t have links to the city owners. They aren’t even allowed to do transfers at the minute because they’re not paying the players. You’d assume they’d want it done ASAP to strengthen the squad before deadline.
Jesus, hadn’t heard. Seems a right circus to start your managerial career at - fair play for grabbing the opportunity though!

Ludens the Red

Jesus, hadn’t heard. Seems a right circus to start your managerial career at - fair play for grabbing the opportunity though!
Yeah its quite surprising he’s taken it. Unless he truly believed the takeover was happening. Their squad isn’t particularly great either. Basically kids and some journeymen. In the bottom three too, he’s deffo taken a big risk so yeah fair play.

hadn’t heard this either. Is this another Portsmouth situation? I remember Erickson and Campbell were sucked into that.

You mean Notts County but yeah Campbell and Erickson were the two in that case and they sound very similar to Derby's.
that’s the one. Campbell played for Portsmouth, probably why I got that wrong.

I suppose we had Michael Knight - who I don’t think had the money either. Very good at keepy up headies though.

Ludens the Red

that’s the one. Campbell played for Portsmouth, probably why I got that wrong.

I suppose we had Michael Knight - who I don’t think had the money either. Very good at keepy up headies though.
I didnt even know of that story till you just mentioned it. Sounds like a character. Bought Carlisle and then a few years later decided to manage them himself :lol: brilliant.

I didnt even know of that story till you just mentioned it. Sounds like a character. Bought Carlisle and then a few years later decided to manage them himself :lol: brilliant.
I’m obviously showing my age! I know it’s 30 years ago now, but he could have bought the club for about £20m!

my mistake it was Knighton not Knight.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

I disagree, he was never on the talent level of Messi or Ronaldo when he broke through. As England fans, we overrated him so we had our own Ronaldo or Messi, on reality he was never as talented.

Hugely talented, incredible player and a club legend.