Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hope he smashes it at Derby. All the best, Waz

RUCK4444

Lucky man/woman! I was down at the pub... what a goal :drool:
It was me and the missus, it was the first game she had ever saw at Old Trafford.

Guess what the second game she went to was? The Arsenal 8-2!!

Imagine seeing those two as your first experiences at OT. It’s all downhill from there :lol:

madzo2007

I'm only a few months older than Rooney feels weird, can't really explain it, to have watched the 'Rememeber the name..." moment, right throught to now fully retiring and becoming a manager. Even the goal against Arsenal in 2002 doesnt seem like nearly 19 years ago

What a player though!

United58

It was me and the missus, it was the first game she had ever saw at Old Trafford.

Guess what the second game she went to was? The Arsenal 8-2!!

Imagine seeing those two as your first experiences at OT. It’s all downhill from there :lol:
:lol: Maybe do something with her this coming Sunday...?

Bondi77

One of our greatest ever for club and country.
Hope he will be just as successful in his managerial career and be back at Old Trafford.
Obviously I hope he stops starting every sentence with the word Obviously.:)

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Mental that he’s Derby manager :lol:

Fair play and good luck to him I say. Sounds like a very difficult time to be manager there with the financial and ownership issues they’re facing. Fingers crossed he does well. Would be brilliant to see him get them promoted but seems a tough ask at this moment.
Hope he does a good job and can get as much experience as he can. He can definitely become an interesting figure as a manger if he's successful enough.

Okey

Our Wazza! Absolute legend. Wishing him well as he sets out on the management path. Who knows...

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Why? He's stereotyped as stupid but has a phenomenal amount of footballing intelligence about him, I can see him doing quite well in management
He always seemed too shy off the pitch for management, to me, but he must've grown out of that.

Dearg hÉireann

Ferociously competitive who played football with a unique boyish enthusiasm most of his career, just a savage footballer who deserves nothing but respect from United fans and proper Football fans alike for his multiple achievements. How much would he be worth in today's crazy market? The mind boggles. Insanely talented at 18

MiceOnMeth

Rooney was a generational talent, why wasn't every top team in the country and abroad after him?

MalcolmTucker

Been watching 06-10 highlights on youtube recently and what struck me is how he was involved with near enough every goal. Ronaldo gets the plaudits from that era but whenever I was at OT it was usually Rooney who impressed me most. Gave 100% every game

Mr Smith

My favourite player for the longest time, a teenage Wayne Rooney was one of the things that made me fall in love with football. Surreal to think of him retiring.

Never thought he would go into management either (though coaching made sense) so will be very interesting to see how he does.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

I was there, in the Stetford end, to see it, thanks to a member of this forum getting me a ticket.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hope he smashes it in management. Loves his football and came across well as a pundit - and done a decent job so far in his temp spell in charge.

Red Stone

I have to admit that I gave him a lot of well-deserved shit, mostly after the first transfer request and the years that followed. He undoubtedly had his downs over the years. That being said, I would kill to have a prime Rooney at the club now. He'd win us the league for sure. Absolutely spectacular player at his best, and it was an honour to watch him wear the shirt. Some of the goals he scored are still among my favourite of all time, and his debut is probably the most excited I have ever been as a United fan. The glorious years that followed seemed almost inevitable then.

Wish him all the best in retirement and hope he does well with Derby.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gave him a lot of shit, probably the most I’ve given a player. I thought he fluctuated far too much, from unreal to liability. Odd to say despite his records I never thought he was overly consistent but it didn’t matter all that much.

Hope he does well at Derby but it seems a tough task

vanrooney

I was there, in the Stetford end, to see it, thanks to a member of this forum getting me a ticket.
me too in the east end. as someone from abroad who only has the chance to go for one game per season max i was quite lucky in those days. the spurs 5-2 08/09 was my first game at OT.

Djemba-Djemba

He was so bad by the end here that I think people forget what he was like when he was at his peak. I sometimes forget too to be fair.

Absolutely phenomenal player in his prime, everything you'd ever want in a Utd player.

Speed, power, bravery, bit of a snide edge. Just brilliant.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Maybe we can have a loan link with Derby now. Rooney might use the good relationship with the club to get some loans in from our U23s.

Robbie Boy

Was keeping an eye on the score today in the Derby v Rotherham game. Pity he couldn't get a result. I'll be keeping an eye on their results now and tuning in to watch them when they're on, if I'm free to. I really hope he does a great job.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Been watching 06-10 highlights on youtube recently and what struck me is how he was involved with near enough every goal. Ronaldo gets the plaudits from that era but whenever I was at OT it was usually Rooney who impressed me most. Gave 100% every game
Glad I don’t have your eyes

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What a player Wazza was. God imagine signing an 18 year old Rooney now. Thanks for everything Wayne. Feel really old that you’ve retired from playing.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
This was the third United game I had been to. Seeing that live is something I’ll never forget.
I had a moment with a relative of one of our admins, when that went in. A moment of the purest love I've ever felt.

Agila Dathi

My all time favorite Man Utd player. Sure, I hated him for a few months in 2010, but IIRC that City rumour was nothing but a rumour. He really wanted to go to Barca. We sold Ronaldo and got Valencia and Owen. Year later we got Obertan, Bebe and Chicharito. We all thought we were not able to win trophies.
Just like all of us, he thought we needed to invest in the squad, but like we all did, he admitted he was wrong.
And IIRC he even signed the same contract he had rejected earlier, so it was never about money, henjust wanted tonwin trophies.
I was angry just like anyone else in 2010, but that fecker has brought me so much joy in the past, I love him.
Rooney in his prime was the best player this league has ever seen.