WCL 23/24 qual | PSG v United - 7:00pm - Wed 18 Oct

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
After a 1-1 draw in the first leg at LSV we head to Paris and the Parc des Princes.

We know from Tuesday night that we are in with a shout - if we play like we did in the second half and not how we played in the first 15 minutes of that match. We also know that they're fast and they've got some excellent players and they won't stay unlucky in front of goal is we give them too many chances.

Match is live on MUTV in the UK.

If the teams are still level after 90 minutes we go to 30 minutes of extra-time then to penalties.

Group stage draw take place on Friday - it would be great to be in there.

voyasvirta

Easily the most important game in our short history. Geyse coming back into the team should bolster our attack which looked a bit listless against Leicester (probably due to Malard, Garcia, Parris never having played together before). It's a tough game but I still think PSG aren't that far ahead of us and if we play like we did last season against the likes of City and Arsenal, we will win. If we were to somehow make it through, there's a good chance of us progressing far in the UWCL.

Demon Barber

Hopefully we don't start with a strange formation in the hope of playing not to lose. Being timid will get us nowhere.

We can win this.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

MUTV have TV rights in the UK and Ireland.

PSG TV have the rights in the rest of the world (I don't know if they have UK rights as well - so it might be VPN time and do you feel lucky if you choose to subscribe to them.

The surprise addition here is that DAZN and its YouTube channel may have them in some countries. It would be interesting to know the definition of some and how much though :D

Lightbringer

PSG TV have the rights in the rest of the world (I don't know if they have UK rights as well - so it might be VPN time and do you feel lucky if you choose to subscribe to them.

The surprise addition here is that DAZN and its YouTube channel may have them in some countries. It would be interesting to know the definition of some and how much though :D
I am sure Viasat Sport has somehow managed to block it in Sweden, they block all WSL matches that they are not even broadcasting or have the rights to, so why not this one as well even though they have no license?

The official WSL account is blocking videos of highlight goals here as well. So they dont want anyone in Norway, Denmark or Sweden to be able to browse twitter and see a 30 second clip of a great goal. How is that benefiting or growing the game?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I am sure Viasat Sport has somehow managed to block it in Sweden, they block all WSL matches that they are not even broadcasting or have the rights to, so why not this one as well even though they have no license?

The official WSL account is blocking videos of highlight goals here as well. So they dont want anyone in Norway, Denmark or Sweden to be able to browse twitter and see a 30 second clip of a great goal. How is that benefiting or growing the game?
I can't find any real details on who owns what.

In the interests of science I have just tried a quick experiment. I get a different message on the YouTube link depending on whether I try connecting from the UK or from "Sweden". A not available for the UK (and "France") and a countdown clock in Sweden. Anyone's guess...

madi5h

the dazn womens football youtube channel has 6 games posted as upcoming, none of which are utd

edit: thats from ireland, i stepped over to the states for a moment and now its listed....

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I can't find any real details on who owns what.

In the interests of science I have just tried a quick experiment. I get a different message on the YouTube link depending on whether I try connecting from the UK or from "Sweden". A not available for the UK (and "France") and a countdown clock in Sweden. Anyone's guess...
Your contributions to science are noteworthy, the conclusions of which I shall consider and respect.

Demon Barber

Your contributions to science are noteworthy, the conclusions of which I shall consider and respect.
Sod that! I will consider and respect jojojo's contributions only when games are broadcast live on here. Surely it's not too much to ask.

This is a game that should be live on BBC.

Ubik

Strong team, hopefully Geyse can carry on where she left off against them.

PSG lining up the same as the first leg other than Hunt in for Jean-Francois as expected.

RedDevilQuebecois

I guess DAZN do give freebies depending on where you live. For my own sake as a Canadian, their YouTube channel (DAZN Women's Football) is showing the match live right now.

RedDevilQuebecois

feck me! Earps almost gave one away on a silly play outside the box. Lucky for us that the PSG didn't put enough strength on the shot.

Ubik

Chawinga's pace still killing us, our decision making in their half not helping us either.

Ubik

What is going on with Toone. Shocker.

Gordon S

Jesus fecking christ, what was that? A sideways pass or an attempt at a finish?

Ubik

Not as bad as last week but not good either. Similar improvement hopefully coming up.

madi5h

Id say Toones having a shocker, but i dont think its shocking to anyone but skinner