WCL 23/24 qualifier | United v PSG - Tue 11 Oct at 8pm

Lightbringer

How did Naalsund pretty much get her first game in a proper United game in the UCL Vs PSG? We could use our usual formation :D

Lightbringer

The only good thing so far is that we aren't losing by a couple of goals.
Dont forget the black shorts we are using, they look SAVAGE ;)

I love black shorts on United.

Just wanted to get that in to all the white shorts lovers :D

ForeverRed1

Jackie :( she’d still be here if skinner would have utilised her properly. The fact she’s starting for PSG tells you she’s good enough. Loved her with us. PSG look quality. Some really tidy players in there.

Hope we bring geyse/mallard on soon, we need some quality with some physical presence which it feels we’re lacking at the moment.

Also, thank feck we got the best keeper in the world between the posts right now.

Worlds between the two teams at the moment. Blundell looks way off it. We look scared. Meh.

ForeverRed1

Jaw drop of a team selection for me.
Riviera and blundell on the right is a bit of a head scratcher. I’d prefer geyse on the right with mallard up top. Give it some physical presence. Two players with champions league experience on the pitch.

Last edited:

Lightbringer

The worst decision from the ref in this game was the 2nd PSG mega chance that Mary saved when Turner was fouled from behind and PSG basically got a breakaway for free, appalling reffing! You just cant get that wrong in these types of games.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well that was terrifying!

Getting absolutely bodied in the middle, so much quicker and stronger than us. I'm hoping Katoto still isn't fit because she might actually put some of these chances away.

Skinner choosing Riviere here when she's barely played right back let alone whatever position she's playing here is very strange.

ForeverRed1

Geyse, Mallard, Parris & Naalsund!
I just read that mallard has four champions medals to her name. Parris was her team mate at Lyon for one of them and only didn’t get a medal because she got sent off in the semi final. Geyse has played for Barcelona and Irene also played in champions league before. Not one of them on the bench. It’s frustrating but I’m hoping he has a master plan for the second half. It’s skinner though so he’ll probably make subs in the 80th minute.

Dan_F

That advert for the away kit is probably one of the most cringey things I’ve ever seen.

Lightbringer

Well that was terrifying!

Getting absolutely bodied in the middle, so much quicker and stronger than us. I'm hoping Katoto still isn't fit because she might actually put some of these chances away.

Skinner choosing Riviere here when she's barely played right back let alone whatever position she's playing here is very strange.
What weird is Skinner choose the UCL game to put in a couple of players who barely featured for United before and with a new formation. I get PSG is quality, but to me it seems odd to rotate to a unknown formation with rookies in the UCL where you cant recover if you loose.

Lightbringer

Earps and Toone are the only ones who don't look scared. Luckily for us PSG didn't put their goalscoring boots on. Goalless at halftime means we're still in it.
I do get the feeling that some of Uniteds players looks like nervous lambs out there. Put on some players who are less scared and we might have more of a chance. Garcia running like a rabbit, she will tire quickly. And Zelem with soon to be 3 x 95 minutes in 10 days.