WCL 23/24 qualifier | United v PSG - Tue 11 Oct at 8pm

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Toone looks up for it but it's pointless when the ball can't even get as far as her, we get swamped at the halfway line.

Lightbringer

Toone looks up for it but it's pointless when the ball can't even get as far as her, we get swamped at the halfway line.
And with the ref ready to blow a free kick in favor of Groenen Vs Toone all the time :D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
What weird is Skinner choose the UCL game to put in a couple of players who barely featured for United before and with a new formation. I get PSG is quality, but to me it seems odd to rotate to a unknown formation with rookies in the UCL where you cant recover if you loose.
To be fair, the calendar hasn't been kind. Playing Arsenal at the weekend then following up with this. Not easy.

That said, I don't think Riviere and Naalsund got maybe minutes on preseason either. Feels like we went for surprise but our formation looks more surprised to be playing it than theirs does playing against :lol:

Unlikely lad

Geyse so much better than the rest of our players on a technical level. Just needs to improve her output and we’re laughing

AndyMUFC

Typical after all that pressure first half that when they score it's against the run of play.

There's a definite gap in quality here though - as people expected I guess.

Lightbringer

Horrible keeping from Earps on that occasion, challenge the shooter and that ends in nothing. No idea why she hesitated and backed in again, she could have given the striker zero goal to shot on. I think she was caught off guard the chance came from nothing.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Malard on fire :drool:

Ubik

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MALARD

Unlikely lad

Miyazawa Geyse and Malard are our best players by far (aside from Earps), it’s criminal they all started on the bench

Ubik

He’s put mallard and geyse on the pitch. No idea why he didn’t start with them. Plus a World Cup golden boot winner. Difference is night and day.
Geyse has looked spent after 60 minutes in the WSL so far (and was bad against Arsenal), it's not a bad idea to have her going at tired legs in the second.

ForeverRed1

I'm watching the game
No, my point is that’s how we’re back in it because you said somehow we’re back in it. We were awful first half as he played a super nieve side. He plays his best technical players and the difference is apparent. It’s night and day and no shock that they’ve made such a difference.

RPT_Reddevil

The substitutions have been spot on. A completely differed game this second half all together.

Need to capitalize on this momentum.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, my point is that’s how we’re back in it because you said somehow we’re back in it. We were awful first half as he played a super nieve side. He plays his best technical players and the difference is apparent. It’s night and day and no shock that they’ve made such a difference.
Yes, and my point was it's mad how we're still in the game considering how bad we started.

Jazz

That's a pen.

Sylar

He’s put mallard and geyse on the pitch. No idea why he didn’t start with them. Plus a World Cup golden boot winner. Difference is night and day.
Wondering if there is another reason except tactics.

Horrible keeping from Earps on that occasion, challenge the shooter and that ends in nothing. No idea why she hesitated and backed in again, she could have given the striker zero goal to shot on. I think she was caught off guard the chance came from nothing.
Late on this but agree. She came and would have got it first if she didn't hesitate then back off.
Shame about that

Jazz

Oh shite that was a good save

Ubik

Geyse needs to stop shooting from there.