We are an awfully coached team

cyberman

:lol:

That's the problem.
Why? That tactic has seen us with 1 defeat in 25 or something stupid. I blame Ole for the team selection leaving us leggy in midfield but our tactics arent a problem.
Klopp and Pep hammer plan A no matter who they have out, this criticism of Ole not having plan B or C belongs in 2003.

tomaldinho1

We're a team who thrives on moments. I said this previously. We play poor games but come lively in few moments and win it all thanks to these moments. However, we rarely ever play a full good game.

We'll win tonight as well.
If only...

bonothom

It's glaringly obvious that United will not win anything under Ole. They have no idea how to break teams down. Unless teams attack them so they can sucker punch them, they haven't a clue. It makes for piss poor viewing. I think Ole's second place this season will be his highpoint.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Guys, forget about the results for the moment and look at how we play. Our general play is so fecking poor. It has been like this for months. How can you watch United 2 games a week and think this is how a well drilled team looks like ?
Exactly. The losses or the wins actually come second for me and they’re not why I’m not an Ole fan, it’s this brand of football we play. It’s dire, half arsed and clumsy drivel that’s lacking any purpose or direction.

Week in week out.

Rajma

He should have spent 80M on midfielders rather than on a feckin CB, not only he’s clueless coach he also wasted money on some utter dross.

Lewnited

Guys, forget about the results for the moment and look at how we play. Our general play is so fecking poor. It has been like this for months. How can you watch United 2 games a week and think this is how a well drilled team looks like ?
This is it. I have no idea why this thread only blows up after a poor result, we look the same every single game. Sometimes, any combination of Rashford, Bruno and Pogba is enough to get us out of jail with a few big moments, other times we simply sleepwalk through games looking as disjointed as ever.

I'm still waiting for the point this season in which we put two good performances together back to back. It's almost April.

Cloud7

Rodgers is a much better coach and manager than Ole.

We're basically stuck with Ole. He's not a terrible manager, so combined with the quality of players we have, we'll likely not ever end up in a disastrous position, but we're never going to win a serious competition with him, nor are we ever going to play any slick, entertaining football.

Offsideagain

what a shamble. Not schoolboy errors as that would insult schoolboys. Leicester better in every department, pace, well drilled and up for it. Evans as usual had a blinder against us. Fred! well let’s forget that performance. United all over the place, the coaching staff stuffed with ex-players and they must be doing nothing.

Idxomer

Why? That tactic has seen us with 1 defeat in 25 or something stupid. I blame Ole for the team selection leaving us leggy in midfield but our tactics arent a problem.
Klopp and Pep hammer plan A no matter who they have out, this criticism of Ole not having plan B or C belongs in 2003.
We've played terribly most of the season, similar to Mourinho's 2nd year.

Nothing has been done to improve our performance level, the results aren't important.

Even if somehow we won today after this 1st half, the problems would've been still there.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We've conceded the same exact goals (set piece from that area and losing possession) about 10 times this season. This is a coaching issue.
We looked absolutely clueless for 90 mins and were bullied by a better tactician!

Ralph1386

Pogba’s goal against Milan this week pretty much sums up our coaching: a goal that came from a moment of individual improvisation.

Telling players to “express themselves” only gets you so far.

cyberman

We've played terribly most of the season, similar to Mourinho's 2nd year.

Nothing has been done to improve our performance level, the results aren't important.

Even if somehow we won today after this 1st half, the problems would've been still there.
We really havent. Second and this place is shitting ourselves because we arent on for a cup double going into April. Of course results are important, you cant just wave thst away to back up a we are shit point of view.

Fooza

He should have spent 80M on midfielders rather than on a feckin CB, not only he’s clueless coach he also wasted money on some utter dross.
absolutely, more people need to question his signings now before the board give him another fat cheque over this summer.

Judas

Open to offers
What was our game plan today. We just look so shapeless and unorganised in matches we're meant to dominate and take control of. It's one thing setting us up against City away, but nights like tonight? We look meek and clueless far too often.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Echo the sentiments above....we win games based on individual quality. Leicester dominated us today based on tactics and coaching.

Foxbatt

Either the players are absolutely refusing to listen to the coaches or they are doing what they are told to do so. Now Fred's lack of control is his problem.
I had no idea who was playing in midfield. Yes the defense was the 4 guys but most of the time it was the 4 defenders vs Leicester.
We have no movement that's practiced. It's every man for himself. You simply can't play football at the top level like that.
We got schooled by Leicester.

Bristol_Red_87

He'll not be here this time next year. Of that I'm certain.

I don't get excited about watching us play anymore. Yes it was the same under Jose, but it's no reason to continue to tolerate it.

Worst of all, i don't even get emotional about it. I just feel numb.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Ole did a good job as a Project Manager.
But I don’t see that he can improve this team. There is simply no imrpovement in tactics, game plans, etc. Hurting teams on the counter or individual class - that‘s it.
To lose against Leicester is one thing but they didn‘t even play well. Tired as hell of watching games that are starting as it is a friendly.

Idxomer

We really havent. Second and this place is shitting ourselves because we arent on for a cup double going into April. Of course results are important, you cant just wave thst away to back up a we are shit point of view.
I never believed we are in for any trophies.

I have a spoiler for you, we aren't winning the EL either and when we go out you'll see posters here downplaying its importance too.

The results aren't as important as you think when they don't reflect the performances because sooner or later they will dip too and the team will be left with nothing to play for as we're seeing currently.

MU655

The improvement we have seen has been so marginal that I don't get why people are getting excited about it. And when I say improvement, I mean over the season Mourinho was sacked.

Rodgers and Solskjaer have been managers of their clubs for about the same time (Rodgers marginally less), but I think Leicester have seen far more improvement than we have and with far less money spent. They are on course for 73 points, judging by their average, and we are on course for 74 points. The issue is that Leicester would see an 18 point improvement, whilst we would only see an 8 point improvement.

We still don't look like a well coached team and it doesn't take four years to get to that point. Tuchel has shown you can implement your idea within a few weeks. And Rodgers has shown you can do much more with less money in the same amount of time.

A poorly-coached team will be far more reliant on a single player (Fernandes) than one that has much better teamwork.

cyberman

I never believed we are in for any trophies.

I have a spoiler for you, we aren't winning the EL either and when we go out you'll see posters here downplaying its importance too.

The results aren't as important as you think when they don't reflect the performances because sooner or later they will dip too and the team will be left with nothing to play for as we're seeing currently.
Theres like 6 weeks left of the season. Saying results will drop sooner or later with so little football left is a moot point.

el3mel

No we're looking at the bigger picture. What we're doing at the moment might nick us a strong top 4 finish or even a cup if you get a nice draw but forget winning anything major or even challenging for it with such level of general play. It's not sustainable

Ultimately United will win more games than losses because we're better than most other English teams. Are we good enough to challenge for a major trophy, no we're fecking not.

We're still where we're post Fergie. Our expectations are still the same as they were under LVG and Mourinho : Top 4 and a cup. We can't aspire to do anything more with this level of general play we're putting on the pitch.

Dominos

This team does so few things well.

They can't defend set pieces. Defensive record overall isn't good. Their passing is absolutely shocking. They can't press as a team, it's always 1 man press at a time. There is so little cohesion and understanding betwene the players in attack. They are poor at breaking teams down when the opposition plays a low block.

The only thing you can say the team does decent is counter attack when teams leave themselves wide open in transition.

There's a reason we're miles off the top of the league and got dumped out the CL group stage, the performances are shockingly bad and you can't possibly get to where we want to be putting in these sorts of performances every week.

cyberman

No we're looking at the bigger picture. What we're doing at the moment might nick us a strong top 4 finish or even a cup if you get a nice draw but forget winning anything major or even challenging for it with such level of general play.

Ultimately United will win more games than losses because we're better than most other English teams. Are we good enough to challenge for a major trophy, no we're fecking not.

We're still where we're post Fergie. Our expectations are still the same as they were under LVG and Mourinho : Top 4 and a cup. We can't aspire to do anything more with this level of general play we're putting on the pitch.
But this place was screaming out for long term planning etc. As soon as we take a broader view theres a meltdown because we dont have immediate success.
To go from 6th to a 3rd after needing a strong run and a consistent top 2 since November is progression. That cannot be denied. For us to be up there against City, with their 34 wins since Christmas or something stupid, would mean Ole had to make us the best side in Europe in his second full season. Being sacked because we cant match that ridiculous consistency will nevet see us grow as a side or a club.
You cant nick a strong top 4 finish. You cant fluke 1 league defeat in 6 odd months. There seems to be a thought process that if we arent the finished article then there is no progression. Listen to the criticisms here, if we arent chasing a quadruple then we are shit apparently

el3mel

But this place was screaming out for long term planning etc. As soon as we take a broader view theres a meltdown because we dont have immediate success.
To go from 6th to a 3rd after needing a strong run and a consistent top 2 since November is progression. That cannot be denied. For us to be up there against City, with their 34 wins since Christmas or something stupid, would mean Ole had to make us the best side in Europe in his second full season. Being sacked because we cant match that ridiculous consistency will nevet see us grow as a side or a club.
You cant nick a strong top 4 finish. You cant fluke 1 league defeat in 6 odd months. There seems to be a thought process that if we arent the finished article then there is no progression. Listen to the criticisms here, if we arent chasing a quadruple then we are shit apparently
There's no problem with long term planning. The problem is whatever style of play we're planning for isn't something that will win us a major title like Premier League, like ever. Not when you have Pep fecking Guardiola as an opponent in the league at least.

The results are mostly decent, we're a solid top 4 team, and we might nick the EL this year. Good luck putting a sustainable title challenge for the league over the course of 38 games with how we're playing any time next few years though.

Foxbatt

This team does so few things well.

They can't defend set pieces. Defensive record overall isn't good. Their passing is absolutely shocking. They can't press as a team, it's always 1 man press at a time. There is so little cohesion and understanding betwene the players in attack. They are poor at breaking teams down when the opposition plays a low block.

The only thing you can say the team does decent is counter attack when teams leave themselves wide open in transition.

There's a reason we're miles off the top of the league and got dumped out the CL group stage, the performances are shockingly bad and you can't possibly get to where we want to be putting in these sorts of performances every week.
That is only because we have a couple of quick players who can outpace the opposing defence. You get any decent coach. I mean decent not likes of Bruce, etc, and they will get this team to play much better to a system at least. This is now every man for himself.

Dominos

There's no problem with long term planning. The problem is whatever style of play we're planning for isn't something that will win us a major title like Premier League, like ever. Not when you have Pep fecking Guardiola as an opponent in the league at least.

The results are mostly decent, we're a solid top 4 team, and we might nick the EL this year. Good luck putting a sustainable title challenge for the league over the course of 38 games with how we're playing any time next few years though.
Keep in mind we shouldn't even be in the Europa. Only our own incompetence getting humiliated in the CL group stages has given us the chance at that trophy.

90 + 5min

Brilliant.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He'll not be here this time next year. Of that I'm certain.

I don't get excited about watching us play anymore. Yes it was the same under Jose, but it's no reason to continue to tolerate it.

Worst of all, i don't even get emotional about it. I just feel numb.
He is about to pen a new deal, this club is clearly happy with him. They only care about CL money, as long as it's rolling in, they don't give a solitary feck what goes down elsewhere. Tragic times.

cyberman

But our style clearly can, we are second. Even Pep has said he has altered his style to a more pragmatic, defensive one due to the condensed league.
Its not our style of play, its conceding goals. We have 11 goals conceded from open play since the Spurs game in the league. Thats a fantastic return.
Goals from set plays and crosses to be exact. Thats the achilles heel, its our attacking style of play that has even got us to second.
What it shows is the limits of the squad. Its the same 11 as last season due to our transfer feck ups, the same side plus Harry, AWB and Bruno. Jose left 3 years ago at this stage and we sold most of his side yet here we are. I bet everybody complaining about a title charge can link us to pre season posts about being second and challenging City as an expectation..
If the board can open the fecking wallet and sign who Ole wants then lets see how we progress because Ole is rinsing the maximum from this group of players imo. Its not the style of play that has City first. They have been strengthening to their heards content for those same three years, blaming Ole for not overcoming that is ridiculous imo.

KD6-3.7

It's very annoying that there's no great Manager out there. If you say Allegri or some fecking hipster choice I'm going to slap you.
The only ones I'd consider the elite is Guardiola and Klopp (maybe depending how he bounces back next season.)

But it's weird there is a serious lack of world class managers at the moment.

el3mel

But our style clearly can, we are second. Even Pep has said he has altered his style to a more pragmatic, defensive one due to the condensed league.
Its not our style of play, its conceding goals. We have 11 goals conceded from open play since the Spurs game in the league. Thats a fantastic return.
Goals from set plays and crosses to be exact. Thats the achilles heel, its our attacking style of play that has even got us to second.
What it shows is the limits of the squad. Its the same 11 as last season due to our transfer feck ups, the same side plus Harry, AWB and Bruno. Jose left 3 years ago at this stage and we sold most of his side yet here we are. I bet everybody complaining about a title charge can link us to pre season posts about being second and challenging City as an expectation..
If the board can open the fecking wallet and sign who Ole wants then lets see how we progress because Ole is rinsing the maximum from this group of players imo. Its not the style of play that has City first. They have been strengthening to their heards content for those same three years, blaming Ole for not overcoming that is ridiculous imo.
We're second distant away from the first spot. We haven't put a title challenge this season at all.

I have no problem with being defensive or pragmatic. The problem is we're not. We're neither an attacking nor a defensive team. I honestly don't know what we do every game, we play terrible football in the middle of park, come lively in one or two moments in which we score then back to being shit. We're neither a solid, defensively pragmatic team that nicks a goal and defend on it, nor are we a very offensive team favoring high pressing and creating ton of chances. We're something I don't even know how to describe.

Ok, this season is done when it came to title challenge to not repeat the "no one expected us to do feck all this season". With this kind of play are we expecting us to win the league within the next few years ? If no then what the feck is the point of long term planning when is the ultimate target isn't to build a well drilled team that can win the league ?

And not everything has to be solved by just paying more money.

Rajma

People have no problem with long term planning if there’s long term direction on the pitch with clear improvements. Now tell me what is our style and what are we trying to achieve here with this coach? If after 3 years with the same coach we struggle to make 3 passes together doesn’t that tell you anything?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Utterly pointless these kind of posts, you are picking narratives out of thin air to stick up for your man. Who in here is asking Ole to win the PL? We are asking for us to look like a cohesive footballing side, week in week out, have some sort of footballing identity which is visible. But it's not, we look like a disjointed mess most games, bereft of ideas how to break open the game. We are scraping through many wins in PL but our performances are still poor. How can you easily identify players aren't good enough, but not recognize the manager is not cut out for the job either?

Leicester today were without Barnes, Maddison, Justin (3 of their best players this season) and comfortably outplayed us. Ole has spent in excess of £300m in his tenure here (only City have spent more than us during this period), that's a significant sum of money. Expectations in here at a record low if fans don't expect us to beat an injury riddled Leicester side.

Also, keep in mind, it was Ole himself who in his own words, expected us to contend for PL in his 3rd season. As it stands, we are a million miles away from them and don't stand any chance to "contend" next season. Expectations were set by him 2 seasons ago, but now we have fans like you re-writing expectations just because?