We are an awfully coached team

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Not a chance the owners sack him any time soon. Only chance that happens is if the fans start turning on him, and as much as a legend as he is, more performances like this and the tide will turn against him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To me it feels like we haven’t had a manager that makes attacking a priority since Fergie. We’ve had a collection of boring managers with varying levels of success. I’d love to see us go for someone that can get this team scoring goals every week, the pieces of the puzzle are there.

Okey

It's laughable really. Like, so obvious even at a casual glance. I love Ole the United legend but he's so far out of his depth at this job. The sooner we put him out of his misery the better for everyone. We're at risk of wasting another season. This time after adding so much quality. Shame.

Coxy

He isn't up to it. I don't care how many 'Top Reds' and their little untouchable mates run around the Cafe trying to shame people who dare to say it. Too many fans have been in wilful denial of his limitations for far, far too long.
We will get a good result soon and everyone will be shouting about how great he is again.

The odd good result doesn’t gloss over his obvious limitations.

We have our best players in years - I really hope itdoesn’t go to waste.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Our play is really poor. We can't get the simple things right and Ole is insisting on starting players who just don't perform well either

Kopral Jono

Ole’s vision would have been great in the 90’s. These days you need to program your players to follow gameplan. Ole’s belief to let players sort the game by themselves is outdated as feck.
Absolutely. This 'we have world class attacking players so inshallah' brand of football, like you said, is outdated as feck.

dinostar77

:lol: As if a midfield of Fred and/or McTominay could win the title. It's farcical United didn't sign a midfielder this summer.
We have a criminally underused DVB on the bench. Ole is too limited a manager to use him properly.

Also a double defensive pivot at home to villa. What cowardly tactics.

El Jefe

It's obvious to everyone on here but the vocal minority of top reds. Ole is stealing a living here and I suppose you could add the coaches to that too.

Ole has no business coaching at this level. Any job in the PL should be seen as a massive privilege for him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
IMO, we have only played one good game all season, the Leeds one but that's about it.

RedDevilRoshi

He simply can’t or doesn’t know how to get the best out of this team. This is the strongest side we have had since Sir Alex’s retirement and we just look completely lost out there. No gameplan, no tactics, literally nothing. Completely out of his depth. Hate saying it as I really want him to succeed here but there’s just no evidence to say that he’s the man to really get the best out of this team and fulfil its potential.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Ole’s vision would have been great in the 90’s. These days you need to program your players to follow gameplan. Ole’s belief to let players sort the game by themselves is outdated as feck.
He has no vision. That’s why he will not land another top job in this life. If he hasn’t improved and fixed his weakness in the past 3 years it means he hasn’t learned or he thinks he has no weakness.

Leanshig

To be fair Sancho's been shit, just another in the long line of hyped of signings everyone wanted but turns out to be well out of his depth.
His final product has been but he's opened the game up whenever he's been involved, much better than watching Pogba dawdle on the ball and lose it leading to a counter attack.

Lost to Young Boys, West Ham and Villa in our last 4 games. Drew against Southampton. Scraped wins against West Ham and Wolves while playing terribly.

Finished last season like shit too, and - as is now customary - bottled a big knockout match, didn't even turn up against Villarreal.

The bigger issue is that anything you expect to be coached - style of play, set pieces, attacking patterns, defensive organisation - are all consistently terrible. We get outworked and outpressed by every team we play. We're awful at attacking set-pieces and even worse at defending them, despite having some absolutely massive players who are good in the air. Almost everything good we do is chaotic and relies purely on individual quality...hence 'system' players like Sancho and VDB looking like complete misfits.

stw2022

We will get a good result soon and everyone will be shouting about how great he is again.

The odd good result doesn’t gloss over his obvious limitations.

We have our best players in years - I really hope itdoesn’t go to waste.
This is exactly what will happen. It's the Lingard effect. Absolutely wank (for us) for years but he scores a goal and suddenly everything's right with the world again.

el3mel

The reality is we're even worse tactically this season than last season.

At least last season there was some nice dynamics between the 3 forwards and they used to exchange positions and such.

Now we're a mess and you just don't know what the players' roles on the pitch are. Ronaldo was hidden, Bruno was in la la land, Pogba didn't know where to go and Greenwood was practicing shooting.

For a big team what I have been watching last few games from tactical point of view is an absolute disaster.

izec

IMO, we have only played one good game all season, the Leeds one but that's about it.
Leeds are playing quite attacking and giving us space. Any decent team that is well drilled and isnt gung ho will give us a proper game, nevermind the top teams. It is just the way it is nowadays. We struggled against the smaller sides for a reason, not because we are unlucky or because it is one of those days.

DevTheRed

If that's the case, why the contract extension?

It's not like Madrid, Dortmund or even Cardiff would be queuing up for him.
Apologies, I meant it’s inevitable that this ‘project’ will fail because of the clear lack a quality from the coaching team. Now with the added quality and investment into the first team the pressure will be on Ole and the boys for style and results.. and I just don’t think he is good enough to get the best out of them.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The whole coaching culture needs changing, from top to bottom. Watching even our u18s - we rely on individual quality rather than team oriented football. We look like a team from 20 years ago.

Tactical understanding is so important, defending as a team, attacking as a team, pace, pressing, possession, composure. We're lagging behind.

Until someone from our upper management realises this - things won't improve.

stw2022

The whole coaching culture needs changing, from top to bottom. Watching even our u18s - we rely on individual quality rather than team oriented football. We look like a team from 20 years ago.

Until someone from our upper management realises this - things won't improve.
That's what we're trying to be. How many times have you heard the manager bang on about the past or use ridiculous phrases like the "United way", the whole set up is to be our own fecking tribute act because "wasn't the past lovely?"

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Leeds are playing quite attacking and giving us space. Any decent team that is well drilled and isnt gung ho will give us a proper game, nevermind the top teams. It is just the way it is nowadays. We struggled against the smaller sides for a reason, not because we are unlucky or because it is one of those days.
Agreed. Can't be one of those days when it keeps happening for the last 3 years, especially at home. I'm tired of seeing most of the teams we play look better drilled than us.

Greck

To be fair Sancho's been shit, just another in the long line of hyped of signings everyone wanted but turns out to be well out of his depth.
I'm backing him to turn it around but if he doesn't, total shocker we totally didn't see coming.

el3mel

I'm backing him to turn it around but if he doesn't, total shocker we totally didn't see coming.
Imagine that some people last season were blaming the board for not paying 120m for Sancho and were acting as if the board fecked up Ole by not buying him. :lol: :lol:

shahzy

The funniest thing is, if we have managed to fluke win this shit game, the folks here would be mocking everyone and telling us we're a great team tactically..etc.
Thats literally what happens every time. I was being told to celebrate the win even when I said the performances were complete trash and have been for a while. Just top reds that can only think at the most superficial level

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well, isn't what we have been saying for an year. He is clueless tactically. Any half decent manager can outclass him and we just say it was unlucky, not our day etc.

How many clear cut chances did we create? How many times did we say, wow- it was a nice bit of play ?

Darkhorsez

Lost to Young Boys, West Ham and Villa in our last 4 games. Drew against Southampton. Scraped wins against West Ham and Wolves while playing terribly.

Finished last season like shit too, and - as is now customary - bottled a big knockout match, didn't even turn up against Villarreal.

The bigger issue is that anything you expect to be coached - style of play, set pieces, attacking patterns, defensive organisation - are all consistently terrible. We get outworked and outpressed by every team we play. We're awful at attacking set-pieces and even worse at defending them, despite having some absolutely massive players who are good in the air. Almost everything good we do is chaotic and relies purely on individual quality...hence 'system' players like Sancho and VDB looking like complete misfits.
Can’t disagree with this unfortunately. Can’t see a change unless we see more losses - but I really don’t want to see that too. Perhaps Ole walks himself? Not sure

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's come to a team and setup completely alien to him. He'll need time to adjust. Maybe under different style and system he'd find it easier, we may see.

Name Changed

weso26

Completely agree.

stw2022

His inability to influence games from the bench is worrying too. Leaving it until the 83rd minute to make a change that wasn't necessitated through injury. Even in terms of the style and tempo of our play, it doesn't change from minute 1 to minute 91 whether we're ahead, behind or level. If we get to midway through first half and we start to look abit wayward...that's how we'll finish the game because there'll be no change in approach or steps taken to address any issues that are manifesting on the pitch affecting our game whatsoever

Ole has zero ability to influence a game after it started and that point isn't disproven by the fact in a blue moon he might make a sub who scores.

I've said before but rarely would it ever really be noticed if he left the ground for a burger at the first whilstle and came back to collect his keys at FT

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We need Mbappe and Haaland. Then we can finally play 4-0-5 formation. No midfield, innovative.
DDG
AWB Varane Maguire Shaw

Greenwood Bruno Ronaldo Haaland Pogba Mbappe​

Rhetorik

Carrick and McKenna still getting away with murder since the Mourinho days. The same problems are presented with no solutions. Ole's nepotism will be his downfall.