We are bottlers

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
We are all thinking it so someone should say it. The vast majority of our players have shown they can only do it when the pressure is off. I am 80% certain we will go away to Leipzig next week and lose. All but a few simply aren't winners. We bottled top 4 in Oles first season, we tried our best to bottle in last year. Then we managed to crash out vs Sevilla in the Europa league play offs because the players just won't score when it matters.

It's the same reason why we embark on great runs of form and as soon as we get into contention for anything we go to shit again. The players can't handle the pressure.

Kazi

We can’t play under pressure, majority of the players are gutless but we have a couple of leaders

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We might be but one thing for sure is that we need competition for places.

DDG is almost back to his best when his position was under threat from Dean.

Shaw was also performing well with the addition of Telles.

Our entire midfield has improved overall given the competition.

The front line though.. no starting RW, Cavani only here for a couple of years and is 33. No proper LW as well. Look how Martial and Rashford(to some extent) are resting on their laurels. We need someone like Haaland to light a fire under these otherwise the consistency will never be there.

Sick of Martial tbh.

cyberman

If we were, we wouldnt have played so well tonight after conceding an early goal

cyberman

But then we shat the bed in the second half. Feels kinda more relevant.
Martial did, thats a huge difference. If we were bottlers we wouldnt have moved the ball so freely and kept it tight instead.
Looking back, thats not such a bad idea.
PSG were the bottlers, completely fell away after we equalised

binary bot
Last season is the complete opposite example of us bottling something

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Never imaged Martial could have such a terrible season after the last one, his confidence is -1 at this moment.
But it is not only on him, our defence has been poor, collectively and individually all over the place. Bruno hasn't been at his best. Neither was Ole.

Nothing is over till is over, a draw against Leipzig is not impossible, we are not playing against Bayern.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Fernandes
Maguire
Cavani
Lindelof
McTominay

I'd say these guys have the winning mentality? The others just seem to drop their heads at the first sight of trouble.

I'm excluding VdB and Henderson cause I haven't seen them play enough in difficult situations.

Siorac

Martial did, thats a huge difference. If we were bottlers we wouldnt have moved the ball so freely and kept it tight instead.
Looking back, thats not such a bad idea.
PSG were the bottlers, completely fell away after we equalised
They won the game though. Like, really, after we missed our chances they went up the other end, started creating chances of their own and eventually took one. That's not how bottling works.

youngrell

No we’re not.

We have been in the very near past but we’ve shown plenty of times recently that we’ve turned that particularly corner.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Fernandes
Maguire
Cavani
Lindelof
McTominay

I'd say these guys have the winning mentality? The others just seem to drop their heads at the first sight of trouble.

I'm excluding VdB and Henderson cause I haven't seen them play enough in difficult situations.
I'd add Rashford to that list.

eire-red

The first match against Istanbul is where we threw control of the group away. Anyone can lose to a team like PSG, and the manner of the defeat flatters them in the context of the game.

It'll be hugely disappointing if we don't to through, but you can't label us as bottlers after tonight. If we beat RB Leipzig we finish joint top of the group in what's far and away the toughest group.

cyberman

They won the game though. Like, really, after we missed our chances they went up the other end, started creating chances of their own and eventually took one. That's not how bottling works.
They shit the bed and scored from a set piece. Going from a goal up and playing well to collapsing when they conceded, to the point they should be 2 or 3 goals down, is bottling.
The end result doesnt make or break what their mentality is. They got extremely fortunate tonight

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yeh and we bottled when needing a draw at Leicester.

Oh hang on we won 1-0.

Okey

Bottlers cos we lost this game??? Oh come on...any team could have lost to PSG. And we had enough chances to actually beat them. Yes, you might call missing those chances bottling but I'll disagree. This was always a game we could have lost. If we don't make it through, it'll be because we lost in Istanbul and the other teams won there. After all, we won in Paris.

Tarrou

its just variance in a team that isn't quite there yet

Fred cost us the game, and Ole - but the overall performance was good which is not the sign of a bottler

El Jefe

No we aren't. That's complete horseshite.

Some of our players are bottlers as is the case with most teams but as a team, no we aren't bottlers. I mean we beat Leicester away on the last day of the season to make it into the competition.

Jonno

We are all thinking it so someone should say it. The vast majority of our players have shown they can only do it when the pressure is off. I am 80% certain we will go away to Leipzig next week and lose. All but a few simply aren't winners. We bottled top 4 in Oles first season, we tried our best to bottle in last year. Then we managed to crash out vs Sevilla in the Europa league play offs because the players just won't score when it matters.

It's the same reason why we embark on great runs of form and as soon as we get into contention for anything we go to shit again. The players can't handle the pressure.
OP has bottled it. Bump this when we qualify

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Bottomless pit

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
What upsets me most is that ole wants to emulate fergie o the pitch but isnt intelligent enough to undersrand that he would also need to emulate him off the pitch. Fergie was ruthless.. martial wouldnt jave started today based of recent form under fergie but lets pretend he does. Fergie subs him after that pathetic miss.. fergie also take fred off at half time knowing how lucky we were to still have him on the pitch after 45mins.. jose does the same.

As much as i am blaming martial and fred for todays results.. ole allowed it to happen and ultmately its on him.

Today is a great example of why ole is out of his depths and should have been sacked ages ago