We have been poor, but referees and VAR has cost us at least 5 points

OldSchoolManc

I am in no way excusing our poor play this season. I looked at the fixtures through the first few months and thought ‘Not a bad start’.
Obviously, it hasn’t gone that way...
But, I seriously think, that HAD referees and VAR been making the correct decisions, we would have been at least 5 points better off so far.
Opponents getting away with murder and our players booked for minimum and plain wrong decisions.
Why ARE United being treated worse than say, Liverpool or City?

Bulldog United

VAR is being applied consistently badly across the board. They don't want to overturn anything except very marginal offsides when someones shoulder is 1mm offside.

That challenge from Noble was a blatant red card.

Might as well just use VAR for looking at offsides and accidental handballs from attackers, and nothing else. Nobody likes seeing goals in football anyway.

OldSchoolManc

I know we’ve been bad, but I’ve found myself more angry at the officials than our own rubbishness.

Treble

I am in no way excusing our poor play this season. I looked at the fixtures through the first few months and thought ‘Not a bad start’.
But, I seriously think, that HAD referees and VAR been making the correct decisions, we would have been at least 5 points better off so far.
Opponents getting away with murder and our players booked for minimum and plain wrong decisions.
We got 5 pens in the first 5 games. That's more than City got in 38 games last season...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're not being treated worse than anyone else. It's the sort of paranoid delusion you hear from many clubs' fans. Our problems are entirely of our own making.

Raw

Honestly even if we got those 5 points we'd still look poor getting them, all it would do is paper over the cracks.

Ace of Spades

Yeah, not just with us, in general it has been poor. Refuse to overturn blatant wrong calls.

OldSchoolManc

We're not being treated worse than anyone else. It's the sort of paranoid delusion you hear from many clubs' fans. Our problems are entirely of our own making.
Honestly even if we got those 5 points we'd still look poor getting them, all it would do is paper over the cracks.
I made the disclaimer saying that we’ve been awful, but seriously, we are getting the bad end of the stick from officials.

Orestetes

Enough with the poor excuses. We’re absolutely horrendous as a team, the end

kiristao

I agree at least today. If Mata gets a yellow for that clip then how the West Ham CB didn't get a 2nd yellow for stopping Mata from starting a attack is beyond me. Also a stud showing, leg off the ground sliding tackle is not a red apprantly.

acnumber9

No they haven’t. We can’t even be sure we would’ve scored an earlier penalty against Palace.

The Firestarter

Mate feck off. We got 4 penalties awarded for 5 games, without that we would be in relegation zone.

dove

We have been dogshit, not poor. If we keep Ole, it’s gonna get much worse than that.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Remember the season Liverpool hit the woodwork a million times? Yeah they should be league winners by now too.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What about today was wrong? Noble's dive is a 50-50. And we were already down 1-0.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I will never give in to the plague that infected Liverpool fans!

What's next? Jurgen Klopp's fault?

Denis79

Please, please stop with all the excuses. We hired a lesser manager and gave him a weaker squad. That's what's happening right now, not VAR or poor refereeing.

OldSchoolManc

With all the criticism, could someone please point out where I have said that it’s an excuse for us playing badly?
We have been very poor from the start of the season. All I have done in the original post, is to state the fact that the officiating in our games so far, has been scandalously bad.
Leave the abuse for the ‘performances’ thread. Thanks.

freeurmind

weak willed
Ty is that you?

RyRy11

If we were better we wouldn’t have to worry about poor decisions either. Frustration should be directed to the club rather than officials.

OldSchoolManc

Trolls are rife on this forum. I refer to my last post and the OP. I have stated that we are bad.
Officiating has a knock on effect. If you feel that the officials are not playing fair, it grinds you down.
I’ll state again WE HAVE BEEN POOR!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Where are the 5 points?

Even if Noble got sent off we still wouldn't have won. There was no goalscorers on the pitch for us.

Eric7C

A+ trolling :lol:

AshRK

Cannot blame VAR if we cannot score from penalty or cannot score against 10 man Southampton

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
And other clubs can probably claim the same thing except for Liverpool and City. What's your point?