We must buy the next Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2004

Watching Barca play cat-and-mouse with City, I realized that they have bought their best players: Suarez, Neymar, even Messi himself.

Man Utd is the richest football club in the world. We should identify and buy the best players in the world. That's how we'll be as good or better than Barca and Real. There is no other way. We cannot expect to produce this type of talent. We have to identify it and buy it.

I know that we are not used to operate like this. Perhaps the reason was that SAF did not like to work with super-star players. Or he did not like to spend. Or the owners did not give him money. We don't know the truth but it does not matter any more. Things have changed.

We are the richest club in the world but we cannot expect to get anywhere with Evans and the likes we have been producing during the past decade. We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Di Maria is a start but he is not enough.

Raw

Feck me someone tell the scouts, they've been after the next Djemba-Djemba all these years.

RedRover

So we just identify all the best young players, buy them and be brilliant?

Give that man a gold star.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We couldn't have signed Messi. Even if he was mad keen on joining us because of a work permit.

As a general rule stealing kids from other clubs is a good way to go in football terms. I don't really think its very ethical though. I think FIFA needs to ban transfers of players under 18.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We should buy the next Xavi and Iniesta whilst we're at it. No use half-arsing these things.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I like also think that we should, you know, try to get the most money from sponsors than anyone else does. That way we would have more money than anyone else does.

RedRover

This is what my Wife would come up with if she was appointed Director of Football.

In some bizarre alternative universe.

I'm going to bed now.

slir32

I was going to say Raoul but then got a craving for a Big Mac instead.

Eriku

As a Norwegian, I'm obliged to say that we missed that boat when Ødegaard went to Real.

RedRover

I like also think that we should, you know, try to get the most money from sponsors than anyone else does. That way we would have more money than anyone else does.
That my friend is top city whizz kid CEO talk right there. How much do you want - the jobs yours.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
We should also try to be good at football. Also, I've got another idea. Let's win the treble.

Ringo 07

If Moyes was still here we'd have bought 3 of the new Massimo Taibi's by now and would be playing them as forwards even though they were all goalies

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Watching Barca play cat-and-mouse with City, I realized that they have bought their best players: Suarez, Neymar, even Messi himself.

Man Utd is the richest football club in the world. We should identify and buy the best players in the world. That's how we'll be as good or better than Barca and Real. There is no other way. We cannot expect to produce this type of talent. We have to identify it and buy it.

I know that we are not used to operate like this. Perhaps the reason was that SAF did not like to work with super-star players. Or he did not like to spend. Or the owners did not give him money. We don't know the truth but it does not matter any more. Things have changed.

We are the richest club in the world but we cannot expect to get anywhere with Evans and the likes we have been producing during the past decade. We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Di Maria is a start but he is not enough.
Great plan for an 11 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.