We must buy the next Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Fellaini fits into Van Gaal ideology more than a player like Messi. So, it will be a waste of money.

On a serious note, how is Alen Halilovic doing in Barcalona academy? He looked the real deal when I last saw him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Best thread in a while. Missing ingredient in our strategy without a doubt.

Is it possible to buy the next Florentino Perez?

Supports
Barcelona
A potential early contender for "thread of the year". Don't let it die.

JUPITER

Watching Barca play cat-and-mouse with City, I realized that they have bought their best players: Suarez, Neymar, even Messi himself.

Man Utd is the richest football club in the world. We should identify and buy the best players in the world. That's how we'll be as good or better than Barca and Real. There is no other way. We cannot expect to produce this type of talent. We have to identify it and buy it.

I know that we are not used to operate like this. Perhaps the reason was that SAF did not like to work with super-star players. Or he did not like to spend. Or the owners did not give him money. We don't know the truth but it does not matter any more. Things have changed.

We are the richest club in the world but we cannot expect to get anywhere with Evans and the likes we have been producing during the past decade. We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Di Maria is a start but he is not enough.
Bless ya, nick.

I know what you're saying, should've put in here mate - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/why-is-our-transfer-approach-so-abject-and-shockingly-poor.401457/

Then we could've faced the green smilies together.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The OP hasn't been online since hitting the 'post thread' button. I can just imagine his delight when he comes back on and sees his thread has two pages of replies and he's got a bunch of quote alerts.

Then he reads it all.

Mali_Zeus

Fellaini fits into Van Gaal ideology more than a player like Messi. So, it will be a waste of money.

On a serious note, how is Alen Halilovic doing in Barcalona academy? He looked the real deal when I last saw him.
All right, but he acted as an idiot few times. Latest is that he announced on twitter how long he's gonna be out cause of his injury and got a warning from the club not do it again.
I think his head will be his main obstacle.

Classical Mechanic

The OP hasn't been online since hitting the 'post thread' button. I can just imagine his delight when he comes back on and sees his thread has two pages of replies and he's got a bunch of quote alerts.

Then he reads it all.
Surely this poster isn't for real? A troll thread.

Zoo

Judging by the way he screwed up that diving header he'll fit right in with Falcao and RvP.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports

Then he reads it all.
:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Give the guy a bit of credit. There's no way this isn't tongue in cheek.

It's a rival to Boss's "Attack the space" if it is actually genuine though.

yellowandgreens

We should buy the next....

------------------schmeichal.................
Cafu.......Ferdinand----vidic-----Carlos
------------Keane------scholes----------
-------------------zidane---------------
---Ronaldo-------ronaldo------Messi----

Buy them all aged 16 - 18 and we are good for the next 15 years!
Sack LVG and hire the next Fergie whilst we are at it....

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I dunno, he's still not been back online.

I think it's the forum equivalent of dropping the mic after a knock-out battle rap line.

"we must buy the next Messi"

*log out*

*dust dirt from shoulder and exit room*

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I dunno, he's still not been back online.

I think it's the forum equivalent of dropping the mic after a knock-out battle rap line.

"we must buy the next Messi"

*log out*

*dust dirt from shoulder and exit room*
:lol: Seriously, I hope this is genuine and he's logged off really proud of himself.

ManUArfa

I've got a better idea....

Let's appoint Simon Cowell as a new assistant to the CEO and then host a new show called "Man Utd Factor". We'll then offer open auditions to all of the world's would-be ball jugglers. We'll make a few quid, have a bit of a laugh at the sh*t ones in the early rounds and then, when it starts to get serious, assign each of the finalists to a Class of 92 mentor. The contestants can then go round to their Cheshire mansions to get a few tips on the best tricks- the unlucky ones will get the Nevs. The winner at the end gets a contract in the academy- simples!

We'll find the next world's best player (I think) and it will be far cheaper, unless Simon Cowell wants £100 Million up front and then £500,000 a week thereafter, in which case we're f***ed.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I've got a better idea....

Let's appoint Simon Cowell as a new assistant to the CEO and then host a new show called "Man Utd Factor". We'll then offer open auditions to all of the world's would-be ball jugglers. We'll make a few quid, have a bit of a laugh at the sh*t ones in the early rounds and then, when it starts to get serious, assign each of the finalists to a Class of 92 mentor. The contestants can then go round to their Cheshire mansions to get a few tips on the best tricks- the unlucky ones will get the Nevs. The winner at the end gets a contract in the academy- simples!

We'll find the next world's best player (I think) and it will be far cheaper, unless Simon Cowell wants £100 Million up front and then £500,000 a week thereafter, in which case we're f***ed.
:lol: Quality post.

Renegade81

When this kid gets back from school tomorrow and logs back on hes in for a shock with the amount of positive replies on his intricate market strategy. The lad needs an mbe if im honest. FM personified. :D

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Early candidate for thread of the year. Can't argue with that kind of logic.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Man Utd is the richest football club in the world. We should identify and buy the best players in the world. That's how we'll be as good or better than Barca and Real. There is no other way. We cannot expect to produce this type of talent. We have to identify it and buy it.

We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Di Maria is a start but he is not enough.

Charlie Foley

Give the guy a bit of credit. There's no way this isn't tongue in cheek.

It's a rival to Boss's "Attack the space" if it is actually genuine though.
So what you're saying is...we buy the next Messi and teach him to ATTACK THE SPACE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.