We need an RVP/RVN Style Signing

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's threads like these that make me realise there are so many fans that just don't understand the massive fundamental flaws running through the club.
Absolutely. As if anyone could watch us fail to create chances week in week out and come to the conclusion we need someone to take the chances.

Pacificgi

RVP and RVN would struggle. Especially Ruud, he'd not even touch the ball considering we cant make a decent pass into the box

Irishman

We need a total reset.

I would play all the reserves and start from scratch.

Far too many poster boys with little application to go with their limited talent.

Thiagoal

Rashford can only play on the left at this stage, relying on him as our forward is ridiculous! Other sides like Liverpool can get away with it as they have prolific wide players; we do not!

Josep Dowling

Could we try Sanchez upfront for the next few games? He did it for Arsenal quite well.

frookydinho

Like a few have said, we need creativity. CR7/Messi would strugle in this team

redshaw

and a Giggs one, and a Evra one, and a Vidic one, and a Rio one.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Are you saying we need a striker who can control a football? You're right.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Are you saying we need a striker who can control a football? You're right.

Ding ding ding, we have a weener.

Its like some of you seem to think that wanting a striker like this is to paper over the other cracks at the club... no, its an addition to the rebuilding phase because our current strikers are not good enough to take up the mantle.

Eckers99

Ding ding ding, we have a weener.

Its like some of you seem to think that wanting a striker like this is to paper over the other cracks at the club... no, its an addition to the rebuilding phase because our current strikers are not good enough to take up the mantle.
Considering we have limited funds, do you honestly think that a star centre forward should be a priority?

AFC NimbleThumb

i’ve been harping on to anyone that’ll listen to me bleat on about this dead horse for weeks now.

the last time we signed a player who made an unquestionable impact was RVP, a player that came into the first team & was immediately better than his predecessor.

it doesn’t have to be some £100mil player; all i want is for us to sign players that make the first team better. in our current situation i’ll take an actual right back!! just some players without the mental baggage with something to prove & overall, the ability to back it up.

Eckers99

If the right player comes along, this should be a one off signing that is not inclusive of our current transfer budget. Its not like we dont have the coin
It doesn't work like that. We don't have some superstar slush fund stashed away for some random, World Class centre forward. I mean, who would that even be? We have a set amount of money to improve the whole squad this summer, and we need at least one RB, a CB, at least one midfielder and a right sided attacker. We're playing Ashley Young every week. Jones and Smalling still get games when they're fit. Matic is finished. Herrera and maybe Pogba are leaving.

How would a good striker help with any of that?

We've had about 3 shots on target in the last 3 games.

What the feck?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It doesn't work like that. We don't have some superstar slush fund stashed away for some random, World Class centre forward. I mean, who would that even be? We have a set amount of money to improve the whole squad this summer, and we need at least one RB, a CB, at least one midfielder and a right sided attacker. We're playing Ashley Young every week. Jones and Smalling still get games when they're fit. Matic is finished. Herrera and maybe Pogba are leaving.

How would a good striker help with any of that?

We've had about 3 shots on target in the last 3 games.

What the feck?
You right? Gone full blown meltdown yet. Why dont you walk away from the compute for a few hours and breath.

Eddy_JukeZ

You could sign Messi and it wouldn't help that much.

We need a clear system of playing. An identity in all phases that gets the best out of every single player on the field.

Bobski

We have been trying to sign that individual big names to spark a recovery for years. It hasn't worked as one individual makes much less of a difference than hype and hope suggest.

Eckers99

You right? Gone full blown meltdown yet. Why dont you walk away from the compute for a few hours and breath.
I'm not angry pal, just staggered at the insane conclusions some posters make.

No logic whatsoever.

diarm

You could argue that Van Persie coming in and papering over the cracks of what was a poor and ageing squad left us with problems we still haven't recovered from.

RoyH1

Other than Messi, no one player could come in and lift us enough to challenge for the big trophies. We need at least 2 players per line (maybe more for defense). But that's only if we have a director of football deciding things. Woodie and Ole don't have the gravitas/experience/know how to bring in the talent we need.

AJ10

Ole's persistence with Rashford will be the end of him. The sooner he realises Rashford isn't good enough, the better.

We need a world class goal scorer.
I don't understand posts like these, what is he suppose to do when we're not in a transfer window? Your post would make more sense if he had couple of windows to buy a WC striker. :rolleyes:

We need an rvn

@mariachi-19 It's like you saw my name and decided to make a thread about it! :lol:

But yeah, totally agree we need to buy someone like Ruud - not sure they're out there
It's threads like these that make me realise there are so many fans that just don't understand the massive fundamental flaws running through the club.
The thread isn't about the massive flaws we all know are killing the club - the thread is about needing an RVN style signing, no? Surely you can't disagree we need a 25 goal striker for next season? The flaws, we need a whole new thread for that

Axle17

Totally agree with this. I think the Lukaku experiment has gone tits up and I see Rashford is now turning into a "play for a free at every opportunity" type player, like when he is running after a ball and knows a defender is about to meet him so he turns his body side on to receive the impact just to get a free kick.

A Kun Aguero type player would be fantastic!

Marcelinho87

I disagree, we need to stop signing and relying on one player and actually start showing some structure and building a team as a whole.

RedStarUnited

Dropping prime RvP or RvN into that side would make feck all difference.
People like you forget how many shitty performances were turned into wins by RVP in 12/13. We conceded 28 goals in the first 19 games that season, for comparison we conceded 30 goals in the first 19 this season. Basically we were just as crap at defending but had a world class striker to rely on.

Something G Neville said yesterday in commentary, De Gea has bailed this team out so many times. But when was the last time he made a mistake and a striker won the game for him?