We need another forward this January

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We definitely need someone who knows how to play centre forward, because Martial doesn’t. He has no natural instinct on positioning and no real desire to break his neck to get into goal scoring positions.

We need a natural centre forward, at least on loan, before the end of the window. We just aren’t benefiting from those easy centre forward goals in games and it is hurting us.

NoPace

A loan for a RW probably makes more sense. Martial and Greenwood up top, James out left and a starting RW. Greenwood is our best finisher and he's not contributing anything to build up/outfield play, even if he's basically a passenger up top while he's this young, if he gets 1-2 chances a game from being that far up there that's fine until Rashford gets back.

We really should have outbid Bayern for the Perisic loan this summer. We'd have ended up playing 4-4-2 more but don't think that would have hurt us much.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't see us getting anyone else tbh. A loan perhaps. Can't see anymore cash.

Zoo

Greenwood came off today with a knock at halftime. We need to get one over the line even if it’s just a short-term loan.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We definitely need a striker but it may be too late for us now.
Ed and Matt are not multi-taskers.

MAME DIOUF 32

Just get any striker who actually wants to play. Sick of Martial turning it on when he feels like it.

Art Vandelay

Let's not forget that Rashford struggled as much when Martial was injured
Let's not use one players poor form to justify another's. Neither of them are good enough to play up top, Rashford has been very good on the wing. Martial is now up top because he wasn't good enough on the wing and Rashford wasn't good enough up top. We need a striker.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
So, who can we get and who will want to join ?
Piatek is off to Hertha.
Cavani is overpriced and has a dubious recent injury record.
Gomez has been linked recently.
Belotti is a player I feel will be abit of a late bloomer,so one to still keep an eye on.

Art Vandelay

Piatek is off to Hertha.
Belotti is a player I feel will be abit of a late bloomer,so one to still keep an eye on.
Belotti is a player I'd take a punt on. He's looked good any time I've seen him and has had a decent scoring record over the years. Not sure about his link up play, but he likes to get on the end of things. Don't see it happening though, if he was leaving Italy I think it would have happened before now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Belotti is a player I'd take a punt on. He's looked good any time I've seen him and has had a decent scoring record over the years. Not sure about his link up play, but he likes to get on the end of things. Don't see it happening though, if he was leaving Italy I think it would have happened before now.
Oh, I've been a fan of Belotti since his breakthrough season. Feel he's going under the radar for alot of good clubs who could do with a player like him.

predator

Youth NITK
We do. I think it's been head-bangingly obvious that we need a centre forward for a while now, especially one who is physically a threat.

Our build up play, counter attacking, set pieces could all be spot on but if we dont have someone who is clinical and able to put up a fight against PL centre backs then we will always struggle to score.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Basically we need a Suarez type player. Where's that Buffalo Morales something player at in Scotland? Still scoring goals? Still getting sent off?

Copa Mundial

Let's not use one players poor form to justify another's. Neither of them are good enough to play up top, Rashford has been very good on the wing. Martial is now up top because he wasn't good enough on the wing and Rashford wasn't good enough up top. We need a striker.
Spot on

theklr

Piatek is off to Hertha.
Yeah, Gomez has a £120 mill. release clause and 4 years left of his contract so that aint happening anytime soon.

Art Vandelay

Oh, I've been a fan of Belotti since his breakthrough season. Feel he's going under the radar for alot of good clubs who could do with a player like him.
There was a lot of talk a few years ago, but I think they put everyone off by asking for crazy money. The interest seemed to die down after that. Which is odd, normally there's rumours even without interest. Almost like the press just forgot about him.

bondsname

Jimenez would be ideal in my opinion. But there is no way we are getting him this January.

There isn't a lot of options available right now. In the summer is our chance to lure players here.

Irrational.

Looking at availability/ being realistic my top three options (in preferential order) would be to loan with a view to a permanent deal:

1. Mitrovic
2. Jovic
3. Slimani

All the type of strikers we're crying out for: presence in the box, hold-up play and decent finishing.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If we do get one it’ll likely be just a loan unless Woodward pulls something big out of the bag in which case fair Fecking play.

Loan jovic from Real Madrid would be my guess, we aren’t a rival to them so it might be easier than usual.

Dinghy

I'd take Arnautovich or Mitrovic on loan for 6 months and then try to sign Alexander Isak in the summer. Seen 7-8 games of him this season and he seems to have matured a lot at Sociedad. He's quick, good in the build-up, a very good finisher and he makes those runs in behind that Martial never even attempts to.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Looking at availability/ being realistic my top three options (in preferential order) would be to loan with a view to a permanent deal:

1. Mitrovic
2. Jovic
3. Slimani

All the type of strikers we're crying out for: presence in the box, hold-up play and decent finishing.
I like Mitrovic, but I'm not sure he would be available at any sort of reasonable price or if he would be good enough long term. He seems more like an emergency option that would need replacing again. Plus I think the players around him might cause him to become even more of a red card waiting to happen.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Mitrovic looked terribly out of his depth when he was last in the PL.
Plus,he was a red card waiting to happen. Easily wound up individual.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If we do get one it’ll likely be just a loan unless Woodward pulls something big out of the bag in which case fair Fecking play.

Loan jovic from Real Madrid would be my guess, we aren’t a rival to them so it might be easier than usual.
I still think he'd be a huge hit in the Premier League. Jovic would be an incredible addition for us. Don't think there's any chance of it happening though unfortunately.

Irrational.

I like Mitrovic, but I'm not sure he would be available at any sort of reasonable price or if he would be good enough long term. He seems more like an emergency option that would need replacing again. Plus I think the players around him might cause him to become even more of a red card waiting to happen.
:lol:
Look at the positions he takes up in the box in this clip from earlier on this season - it's exactly what we're missing. A bit of fire and aggression up top, bullying defenders is exactly what we're missing, in stark contrast to watching Martial pussyfoot around the edge of the box this evening.

As someone said he was poor in his last PL stint, but he was also quite young and inexperienced. He'd be a very smart loan (highly unlikely I know).

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Don’t think he was saying we need a new striker just that he wants his strikers to be more aggressive and fearless

Art Vandelay

:lol:
Look at the positions he takes up in the box in this clip from earlier on this season - it's exactly what we're missing. A bit of fire and aggression up top, bullying defenders is exactly what we're missing, in stark contrast to watching Martial pussyfoot around the edge of the box this evening.

As someone said he was poor in his last PL stint, but he was also quite young and inexperienced. He'd be a very smart loan (highly unlikely I know).

Oh yeah I like him as a player and he's better than what we have. I wouldn't object to him. I just don't see Fulham selling their best player mid season for a reasonable fee. We'd probably get rinsed then be looking to upgrade again in a year or two after we starve him of service. I could see him snapping and beating Pereira over the head with Lingard.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
I'm surprised United haven't been linked to Odsonne Edouard at Celtic yet. He's 22, strong, physical, 6ft 2, mobile, and a quality goalscorer and finisher. He's probably just as good as Moussa Dembélé but wouldn't cost half as much.

Obviously it's a big step up from the SPL to a top 6 Prem side, but he looks far too good for that level and at this point of the window, there isn't really any good proven, current Prem strikers available.

Doubtful I suppose that Celtic would let him go anyway in the middle of a title race but I think he's the profile of forward United need to sign and Celtic would probably find it hard to stand in his way of a move like that.

James Ward

I'd actually take Jarrod Bowen from Hull now as a last resort. If we can get him for a few million and someone like Lingard, Mata, Andreas, Rojo, Jones etc go on loan to them it would be good.

From what I've seen of him he's very good. We are desperate at this stage. Only thing he lacks is pace, has everything else.

Last edited:

croadyman

1. Mitrovic
2. Jovic
3. Slimani

Yeah we badly need some proper presence in the box and hold up play because Martial just isn't able to offer either of these things, surely Ole can see that signing this kind of striker on loan until the end of the season would give us a different dimension up front.

We should at least try for Jovic before the deadline because there is just a chance that Greenwood's knock he picked up tonight might see him miss a few weeks and then we are down to just Tony and he definitely struggles without Marcus to bounce off.

Jibbs

The way Ole described the striker he wants, it actually hinted a bit at Maxi Gomez.